Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 01:28 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,006,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
To some gals sweet has a double meaning of being unattractive, meh looking, bleh looking, pushover, doormat, and such. From my experiences most gals tell guys they are a nice, good, decent, or sweet guy regardless of whether they genuinely think that. For many seems as long as the guy didn't rape, assault, or harass her then he has one of those labels rather than he's not a criminal. For others they seem to want to soften the blow and make the guy think she's missing out when she didn't want him.

To some gals sweet doesn't have a double meaning however it doesn't mean that she's obligated to be attracted to you as for many gals that comes from physical attraction. Similar to when a guy says 'I want a nice gal' I tend to think that's a quality he wants in a partner not if I'm nice he'll be attracted to me.
The context she put it in didn't seem to have a double meaning, by the looks of it, she really didn't want to hurt me, she also said I had a big heart, so I may have touched hers in a way, but that's as far as it'll get I guess.

*sigh*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 04:20 PM

639 posts, read 827,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post

I know JR, I know, I don't think I'll ever forget her though, the time period when she showed up and left in my life, it's like an unmovable monument, there is no way I'm going to forget her.

After all, didn't you go through something similar with June Carter? :smile:
And it burns burns burns

Old 06-10-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cash View Post
And it burns burns burns
LOL! Just the pick-me-up I needed today.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:32 PM

639 posts, read 827,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
LOL! Just the pick-me-up I needed today.
dude, you're going to ASU, you gonna have the opposite problem soon

Old 06-10-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cash View Post
dude, you're going to ASU, you gonna have the opposite problem soon
Every time I try to forget her, she comes right back in dreams, she lives in the East Valley too, so that's another headache, what if I see her?

I keep thinking of the situation and everything that was going on alongside it, and I still can't wrap my mind around what happened. No chemistry, then an unrequited love which I didn't know was unrequited gave me the only hope I had while living with my grandma. I pray to see her again, and that prayer comes true because her cousin dies a few months later, and so I have one less friend and one less relative and no her because she rejects me.

The only good thing that came out of this was getting my AA Degree.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:35 PM

She wasn't some normal girl either, she was a rare one.

As I remember her, she was VERY introverted and shy, she has only physically said a few things to me and I was one of the few people (outside of another girl and the teacher) that she even talked to in that geology class. Other than that, she'd shyly smile at me whenever she saw me, most noted being the big "I haven't seen you in forever"-grin at her cousin's funeral. Other than her rejection of me, she is quiet...

It's gonna be hard to get over.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:28 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,942,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieGal View Post
Being "sweet" is kind of an anti-romantic term. But it is a "friend" term and not a "get lost" term.

There was this guy I worked with who was interested in the cute, single secretary. He would occasionally drop into the office to ask her some pointless question or attempt to make a bit of conversation. She would always respond to him in a slightly louder-than-usual manner. I finally realized that she was making her voice into a kind of unsexy "strictly business" tone as kind of a defensive mechanism. I'm not sure she was even aware of it.
Poor guy. No matter if she is not interested she doesn't have to be rude to him.

However he should get the hint after a while I suppose.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Poor guy. No matter if she is not interested she doesn't have to be rude to him.

However he should get the hint after a while I suppose.
At least I can be glad that she wasn't rude to me.

Yikes!

Old 06-12-2012, 02:11 PM

64 posts, read 243,501 times
My friends and I had a short hand years ago to describe "sweet" guys-- we would look at one another and say, "Well, there is nothing *wrong* with him..." This meant that though there were no outwardly objectionable qualities to the person, there really wasn't anything that was recommending him either. No spark, no connection, no desire to see him again other than in passing at the local coffee place or watering hole. The majority of men went into this category.

People are picky and they don't always know exactly what it is they are looking for. "Sweet" often means you are likeable enough to talk to, but not likeable enough to become more involved with. Why? Who knows. Could be a million reasons.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:22 PM

57 posts, read 50,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Not in my book. Sweet means sweet. Sweet is good. Women love sweet guys. Keep looking, you'll find someone. It just means you were lacking some other qualities she was looking for, whatever those might be. It just wasn't a good match, that's all.
if you're nice to women your whole life you'll go your whole life without one. try being a little abusive for once. trust me, women respond to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships