Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 04:47 PM

13 posts, read 43,145 times

Advertisements

Hmm...one of my friends did this. She was dating a guy for about 3 years before they got engaged. Recently, she told me that she was "keeping her eye out" for other guys before he proposed.

Her rationale was, since she wasn't sure where the relationship was going, it wasn't wrong of her to keep looking.

I don't necessarily agree with her...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 08:41 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
He's a loser. Dump him ASAP. I don't even see the point in shopping behind his back, just give him the boot already.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:26 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,984,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
He's a loser. Dump him ASAP. I don't even see the point in shopping behind his back, just give him the boot already.
I did already!! It's been one week since we broke up! Never been better!

Old 06-21-2012, 09:29 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
I did already!! It's been one week since we broke up! Never been better!
Well done!

Old 06-21-2012, 09:51 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,563,763 times
Quote:
Title should say *be keeping* my apologies.

I currently have a boyfriend and he makes me happy. But I feel like I am settling.

Reason I say this is because he is 36..lives at home..his car recently got repo'd...and now he is on Workman's Compensation for his technician job.

And I don't know why, but he purchased a few houses in Atlanta, yet he lives in Queens, NYC. (One of the houses got foreclosed)

I am really trying to make something of my life and it isn't easy. I want someone of equal ambition!

I mean, granted, I still live at home and I am 26. But I work and have my own car and am planning to move out this year.

So, with that said, is it wrong to look for prospects while with my BF and "shop around"..??
Dump him, you deserve your very own Denzel Washington, with washboard abs and a six figure income and brand new BMW, dont ever settle for a normal man. Your Denzel prince is looking for you.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:30 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,322,250 times
no in this day and age it is not uncommon for women to have a wandering eye. why settle down? a lot of men don't and women don't either. women can and will share themselves amongst men if their current partner doesn't satisfy their every need.

edit: after age 30 is when women start to settle down as their looks start to fade, the biological time clock ticks louder and they are in direct competition with their friends to see who can have the better looking family (husband/kids/house/cars etc)
but in their 20's, women have no problem sharing themselves.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:06 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
its selfish if you havent been upfront with the indiviual you are stringning along with you. im not sure what else you need to know

i know a lot of females that do this, they never view it as wrong. they cant seem to understand why keeping somebody else invovled while they look to find the next ripe fruit on the bush without being upfront about intentions isnt a "decent" move. its using another for your own needs, plain. and. simple.

stop being afraid of being alone and move your life in a foward direction. you do not need to be invovled with another to confirm to yourself you have feelings, wants and needs.

its a case of "if i dont think about it i cant be a bad person in the end and everything that lead me to leaving was his fault anyways and cancels out every bad thing i did myself to get to this point"

you have to be real with yourself if you are to have a realtionship based in reality. if not youre just playing a more adult version of house.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:15 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times
sounds like a loser tbh

Old 06-22-2012, 07:38 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,984,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Dump him, you deserve your very own Denzel Washington, with washboard abs and a six figure income and brand new BMW, dont ever settle for a normal man. Your Denzel prince is looking for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
no in this day and age it is not uncommon for women to have a wandering eye. why settle down? a lot of men don't and women don't either. women can and will share themselves amongst men if their current partner doesn't satisfy their every need.

edit: after age 30 is when women start to settle down as their looks start to fade, the biological time clock ticks louder and they are in direct competition with their friends to see who can have the better looking family (husband/kids/house/cars etc)
but in their 20's, women have no problem sharing themselves.
Huh? I was agreeing with your first paragraph...but then I read the second...

Old 06-22-2012, 08:32 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Is it wrong to have a boyfriend & still be keep an open eye for prospects?
That depends on the relationship.

If it is an exclusive or committed relationship, then you're wrong, not only because you're lying to him, but also because you are lying to yourself. Do the honorable thing, bow out, but tell him you want to continue to see him (if that is the case).

If you're just dating, then who cares? You're allowed to look. You're even allowed to go out with other guys, because, you know, you're just dating and you're not in an exclusive or committed relationship.

Prospecting...

Mircea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships