U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 01:57 PM

1 posts, read 23,720 times

Advertisements

My husband never cries. I have NEVER seen him cry. We have been together for 8 years and I have never seen a single tear in his eyes. We have been through many ups and downs. There was a time when we broke up and were away for 3 Months he still did not cry even a single time. He says he can not cry and he has cried very few times in his entire life but that too was in a lonely place so that no one ever saw him. I am an emotional person and cry often. I can understand he is man and I am not expecting him to cry like me but not even a single tear in this 8 years ???
I can not get my head around this fact that he does not cry. Is it normal? Do you guys have known any person who does not cry at all?

Mod comment, February 15, 2017: Please note that this 5-year-old thread was resurrected today (post #47). OP never returned, so do not reply to the OP.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-15-2017 at 09:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 02:07 PM

7,376 posts, read 12,879,231 times
I dont cry. I think...and I cant remember it all but a lot of crap happened to me when I was younger that made me do something to my feelings. I laugh, I get angry, i get sad, Im happy, but I dont cry for some reason. I didnt even cry when my dog died and i loved the muthaF more than anything in the world.

I dont think that its normal but I dont think its unusual either. I dont even know if that makes sense.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:10 PM

1,425 posts, read 2,539,778 times
The only time I've seen my dad cry was when his dad died.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:12 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,498,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossom25 View Post
My husband never cries. I have NEVER seen him cry. We have been together for 8 years and I have never seen a single tear in his eyes. We have been through many ups and downs. There was a time when we broke up and were away for 3 Months he still did not cry even a single time. He says he can not cry and he has cried very few times in his entire life but that too was in a lonely place so that no one ever saw him. I am an emotional person and cry often. I can understand he is man and I am not expecting him to cry like me but not even a single tear in this 8 years ???
I can not get my head around this fact that he does not cry. Is it normal? Do you guys have known any person who does not cry at all?
I'm betting he's got some kind of real deep seated issue that blocks him from giving in to his emotions to the level of crying, which is not normal, but does happen.

As long as it's not impacting your relationship negatively or preventing him from have emotional connections to those he loves, you might just have to let this go.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:15 PM

19,020 posts, read 25,546,417 times
You wanna make him cry? Tell him his penis is small.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:16 PM

603 posts, read 464,496 times
I have never cried in my adult life (prob not since middle school). But this doesnt mean that i am insensitive or cold. I am neither, and comfort female freinds/girlfreinds when they have cried very easily.
Its just not something i am prone to myself.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:17 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,394,228 times
Quote:
Is it normal? Do you guys have known any person who does not cry at all?
Does he show emotion without crying? If he doesn't show any emotions or feelings then I would be concerned, but not about him crying or not.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:18 PM

2,936 posts, read 5,228,450 times
Kick him in the nuts, he'll cry fer sure.......

Old 06-05-2012, 02:27 PM

8,733 posts, read 9,977,114 times
He's a cyborg.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:29 PM

4,698 posts, read 8,484,166 times
Quote:
It's pretty common among men. I very rarely cry, and when I do it's like I don't even remember how anymore and its a few tears, no sobbing. I can recall going seven years without crying and then reading a passage in a book that connected me emotionally to something I had experienced and I shed a few tears, but I was alone. Your husband isn't dead inside, he's just a man and that's the way we can be sometimes. Like the other poster said, maybe we're not "normal" in that perhaps we shouldn't have grown up into human beings who don't cry, but I'd say a plurality of us do and that doesn't mean we're bad people. I don't recall seeing any of the men in my life ever cry except for my uncle when my grandmother died. It's just part of the male condition in our culture. People close to me have died without me ever shedding a tear, but it doesn't mean I didn't grieve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or