Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 11:12 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,489,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
I'm not looking for a long-term relationship, and I date those women who feel the same. And as I have mentioned before, I always date three or four women at any particular stretch of time. I never lie to them about exclusivity.

Most posters on this board seem to be young with much of their lives ahead. Relationships during that period have the added weight of expectations (companionship, marriage, children, house and home, etc.)

I am at the time of life where I want a woman who lives in the moment, enjoys what she's earned, and values a man who's the same. Again, I just found the unique ending of this relationship worth noting; I have had my share of "bad endings " as well, of which I don't care to tell.
At your stage of life, wouldn't you prefer to stop having "endings" to relationships at all - good or bad?

A good ending is still an ending - a bit of a failure.

Doesn't that get "old" for you? (pun definitely intended )

Last edited by lovesMountains; 06-07-2012 at 11:34 AM..

Old 06-07-2012, 12:16 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,517,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
This wasn't necessarily directed at you, but it certainly seems as if people are getting worked up over a relationship and people they know nothing about. Besides, regardless of what he should/should not have done, it's water under the bridge at this point, and it wasn't as if the OP was seeking advice.
There are some discussions that might strike a nerve for some people. It doesn't mean we care all that much about him or his relationship. It just means he is annoying, for the moment. I doubt anyone really loses sleep over it.

He may not have been seeking advice, but he wanted a response or reaction of some kind or he wouldn't have posted. It was water under the bridge before he posted it, it didn't stop him from coming here and starting the discussion. He got what he came for. This isn't the place to vent and expect zero replies.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:23 PM

2,625 posts, read 4,031,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
There are some discussions that might strike a nerve for some people. It doesn't mean we care all that much about him or his relationship. It just means he is annoying, for the moment. I doubt anyone really loses sleep over it.

He may not have been seeking advice, but he wanted a response or reaction of some kind or he wouldn't have posted. It was water under the bridge before he posted it, it didn't stop him from coming here and starting the discussion. He got what he came for. This isn't the place to vent and expect zero replies.
I still found interesting that people were quick to take her side, even when she let him walk out without a care. I have to wonder if the men would have cared if roles were reversed.

In any case, if he was trying to make most of the women (and some men) here angry, he succeeded; and it was all because the angry responders allowed him to.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:19 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,774,266 times
Why are the women getting so hung up about this thread, attacking the OP? If a man needs a compass and a map to find your overly benign g spot, you are too hard to please. Stick to toys and stop clogging the dating pool. Thanks.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:33 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,449,819 times
What's the big deal here? She complained that he's not providing what she wants (based on just the OP, I'd guess she meant an emotional "need"), and he isn't willing to make the extra effort since it's not what he wants. No room for compromise. End of story, end of relationship.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:40 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,833,110 times
Pointless thread. Type of thread that for the most part the men are going to support one thing and women the other. Merry go round thread at best.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:10 PM

48,445 posts, read 34,627,532 times
No matter you're take on the situation.... it's just downright odd for someone to post "this is how mature people end relationships... thank you.... and goodbye."

There was no question.... just this is what happened....

Heck, it was essentially a blog post.

If that's maturity, I'll pass. Though if it works for them then I'm fine too.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:17 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,906,379 times
Quote:
She's a wealthy fifty-ish, divorced real estate agent with no children whom I've dated over the last nine months; I'm a fifty-five-ish, busy physician.

I answered her statement, "You don't have needs, just desires. And if you did have needs, I would'nt have the time nor the desire to fulfill them." Without hesitation she responded flatly, "OK".

I uncuddled, got up, got dressed, then while turning toward the bedroom doorI said, "Good bye". Driving home, I saw those moments over in my mind as watching a scene in a movie. Politeness goes a long way...

Thought I'd share.
Good for you. It's not your job to meet her needs.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:38 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,252,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
No matter you're take on the situation.... it's just downright odd for someone to post "this is how mature people end relationships... thank you.... and goodbye."

There was no question.... just this is what happened....

Heck, it was essentially a blog post.

If that's maturity, I'll pass. Though if it works for them then I'm fine too.
not odd at all, infact I liked it.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:02 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,005,037 times
Quote:
She's a wealthy fifty-ish, divorced real estate agent with no children whom I've dated over the last nine months; I'm a fifty-five-ish, busy physician.

I answered her statement, "You don't have needs, just desires. And if you did have needs, I would'nt have the time nor the desire to fulfill them." Without hesitation she responded flatly, "OK".

I uncuddled, got up, got dressed, then while turning toward the bedroom doorI said, "Good bye". Driving home, I saw those moments over in my mind as watching a scene in a movie. Politeness goes a long way...

Thought I'd share.
I hope this worked out well for you and you feel good about it.

She basically said you were an awful lover.

It's also her fault as well if she didn't tell you her "needs" as it was happening. If she DID tell you and you continued to do what YOU wanted to do, then she's better off and will get a hottie in his 40s that will do what she asked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.