Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 10:20 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I hope this worked out well for you and you feel good about it.

She basically said you were an awful lover.

It's also her fault as well if she didn't tell you her "needs" as it was happening. If she DID tell you and you continued to do what YOU wanted to do, then she's better off and will get a hottie in his 40s that will do what she asked.
no she didn't...and if she did...then its good he dumped her. This dudes a doctor...he can be ugly as hell and still get better than you. He can walk into a bar, talk about being a doctor for 5 minutes and take a woman home. Who needs a complicated life. Only ugly people, or poor people need a commitment or have to sacrifice. Im not a rich guy...so I fit that description. Not this guy though. All that medical school commitment bought him this privilege. Like it or not ladies...he can do what the H... he wants any day of the week and there is NOT a thing any of you can do or say about it.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:21 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
And this is why FWB is a waste of time. The man wants no commitment or emotional investment. He could care less about communication or your "needs". He just gets up, and leaves. Moves on to the next one.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:06 AM

461 posts, read 782,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
I'm not looking for a long-term relationship, and I date those women who feel the same. And as I have mentioned before, I always date three or four women at any particular stretch of time. I never lie to them about exclusivity.

Most posters on this board seem to be young with much of their lives ahead. Relationships during that period have the added weight of expectations (companionship, marriage, children, house and home, etc.)

I am at the time of life where I want a woman who lives in the moment, enjoys what she's earned, and values a man who's the same. Again, I just found the unique ending of this relationship worth noting; I have had my share of "bad endings " as well, of which I don't care to tell.
Shallow begets shallow. Why be surprised at how this ended? Was it that you met your match when you expected to leave a crying wretch who had the audacity to experience human emotions?

Old 06-08-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
What are you, 6 years old?

We like our men to be men in Australia...not inconsiderate sooks.
six year olds are real men in your part of the world are they? OK then.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:51 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,769,430 times
Quote:
She's a wealthy fifty-ish, divorced real estate agent with no children whom I've dated over the last nine months; I'm a fifty-five-ish, busy physician.

I answered her statement, "You don't have needs, just desires. And if you did have needs, I would'nt have the time nor the desire to fulfill them." Without hesitation she responded flatly, "OK".

I uncuddled, got up, got dressed, then while turning toward the bedroom doorI said, "Good bye". Driving home, I saw those moments over in my mind as watching a scene in a movie. Politeness goes a long way...

Thought I'd share.
As a professional busy Physician, arent you at all familiar with the dangerous national std epidemic out there ? (readily available via a google search) . Im kind of wondering how come someone whos an expert in the medical field plays the casual sex game so flippantly given 33 circulating std's with 2 being fatal being shared among 65,000,000 adult americans with 15,000,000 new cases added annually ?

Old 06-08-2012, 12:55 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,023,382 times
Quote:
She's a wealthy fifty-ish, divorced real estate agent with no children whom I've dated over the last nine months; I'm a fifty-five-ish, busy physician.

I answered her statement, "You don't have needs, just desires. And if you did have needs, I would'nt have the time nor the desire to fulfill them." Without hesitation she responded flatly, "OK".

I uncuddled, got up, got dressed, then while turning toward the bedroom doorI said, "Good bye". Driving home, I saw those moments over in my mind as watching a scene in a movie. Politeness goes a long way...

Thought I'd share.
She had needs, wants, desires and you just weren't into her enough to want to fulfill him. Nobody is the bad guy here. I love the bluntness of the both of you. It made me laugh.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:01 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
if you dont have the time or willinness for an emotional investment why would you even bother with a realtionship?
youre just playing the roles instead of actually being them.

i wouldnt call it politeness i would call it pointless

Last edited by rego00123; 06-08-2012 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: hotel internet SUCKS

Old 06-08-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
As a professional busy Physician, arent you at all familiar with the dangerous national std epidemic out there ? (readily available via a google search) . Im kind of wondering how come someone whos an expert in the medical field plays the casual sex game so flippantly given 33 circulating std's with 2 being fatal being shared among 65,000,000 adult americans with 15,000,000 new cases added annually ?
you don't know anything about this guy...how can you make these assumptions? He walks away from a chick who was dumping him...with out all the histrionics...and now he is some kind of cold hearted SOB s l u t ...don't you folks have problems of your own to deal with before your judgements?

Old 06-08-2012, 01:17 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,466,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Plenty of doctors play the casual sex game, because they know the risks are far lower than you like to go on and on and on about all the time. And they are more likely to have casual sex with those less likely to have been exposed in the first place. So, maybe you can learn something from those happily promiscuous doctors!

Old 06-08-2012, 02:50 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,904,323 times
Casual sex is different than what I do, I do NOT have sex with strangers. I choose to date several women at the same time, but I get to know each woman fairly well before I ask for that first date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships