Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2012, 02:33 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
But yet you have no problems assuming reasons why men go to a bar. I love how you act like by ignoring men, you're somehow getting back at them. Get over yourself already, you should be happy men don't talk to you, seeing as you have a deep-seated animosity towards them.

Ignoring them on what level?? Stop talking out your behind. I don't 'ignore' them, they don't really bother with me and I don't go out of my way to bother with them. You consider that 'ignoring,' then so be it. You talk like they have been showering me with attention, they haven't ever, so it's not that much different...I don't feel happy or unhappy that they don't talk to me, it just is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 02:35 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeD Ten-Foured View Post
The truth is most men believe this and make themselves unapproachable. I am none of those things, and get approached every time I go out. Whether I am with a group of guys, a girl, or alone. The guys mentioned above all will make eye contact with a woman they don't know, and won't hesitate to approach women. Taking the time to approach just one woman can be the signal to other women that if they are interested in you that they need to get your attention. Sure the rich or famous have an easier time, but most guys walk around like schmucks thinking they are not worthy to be noticed, and then get mad about not being noticed.

But come on bro, how many women are leaving panties on your car with numbers to call them?

If they can do it for a rock star why don't they want to do it for an average dude who might even treat them better at the end of the day then the rock star who is just going to kick them out and be with the next girl?

Old 06-06-2012, 02:35 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
The difference between you and I is that I haven't given up. You, OTOH... well, it's obvious.

I simply try to be positive in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds.

I don't care if you give up or not, what difference does it make to me and we've been over this before. Whatever.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:36 PM

17 posts, read 14,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
This is where prostitution comes in, some men just don't want to invest in the time that it takes to woo individual women, and other men simply don't have the skills. You can't just leave these men shut out from access to women if they positively contribute to society.
I think more accurately this is where traditional marriage comes in. Marriage has changed in such a way that the market isn't one where people are off the market forever. Sexual mores have changed along with this. This makes many women believe that they can snag a man of much higher status than them if they only get the bait right. If all a man wants is sex, he will step down in status to not have to work as hard to get what he wants. This perpetuates the idea for some women that they are able to score the higher status man, and they hold out for commitment to one that rarely comes along. The pairings of traditional life long marriage meant that there was a much more even dispersment of men to women and vice versa, and thus sex was available to a larger group of men. Men can be left out of sex even if the contribute to society in other ways. There is no promise of sex. There are societies around the world where most men don't have a regular sex life. I agree that there is no good reason to outlaw prostitution, especially in the modern world we have created. It doesn't necessarily save these men. Legal prostitution means more customers, so the prostitute can be more selective in who she is willing to service. The ugly, awkward guy is still going to have to settle for a rather high price and probably low quality prostitute to get their sexual satisfaction.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:36 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
[quote=calicali01;24629412]
Quote:
Again, if prostitution was legalized then many of these men would not even be in the bar in the first place because they could get what they really want.

I do agree that men should not feel entitled to sex just because the're buying a girl drinks.
I cant agree with your logic. Men who frequent prostitutes will do so legal or not. Most guys cant afford it. Those that can and cant get sex otherwise already use prostitutes.

Quote:
There are books and tons of articles on the sexual repression in America.
There are books and article of tons of stuff. What do these books and articles attribute mens sex drives being surpressed to.

Quote:
The thing is, a man still has to make a monumental investment in time and money in order to convince a women to sleep with him.
From personal experience, I know that is not true for the majority of men.

Quote:
I would also argue that the acceptance of sexual promiscuity only favors the woman because she's free to sleep with whomever even if she's not even goodlooking or hot, all while the men who can't complete for female attention (even if they are decent hard working men men) are left out in the cold.
The women are having sex with men, so it is helping men. Before, women were only having sex with their husbands.

Quote:
This is where prostitution comes in, some men just don't want to invest in the time that it takes to woo individual women, and other men simply don't have the skills. You can't just leave these men shut out from access to women if they positively contribute to society.
Sounds like a personal problem. I really dont know any man that can't get sex if he really wants to. Old, young, unemployed, short, bald, fat. If they dont have the skill to get laid, well Darwin has a theory about that.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:37 PM

31,003 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Most of the people I associate with avoid the "club" scene at all cost. It's usually a sports bar, unique pub or dive bar that is fun. Almost no dance clubs unless it's really laid back. If you happen to click with someone at a pub, great, but usually its the start of a relationship and almost never a one night stand. I don't think I know of one person whose had a one night stand in ages. I think one night stands are reserved for "That Guy" that has the killer sex appeal, where women just drop their normal guidlines over.
What I see is a lot of short term relationships where two people who don't really click keep trying anyway, but even those seam to last for months.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:37 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,805,880 times
Quote:
The truth is most men believe this and make themselves unapproachable. I am none of those things, and get approached every time I go out. Whether I am with a group of guys, a girl, or alone. The guys mentioned above all will make eye contact with a woman they don't know, and won't hesitate to approach women. Taking the time to approach just one woman can be the signal to other women that if they are interested in you that they need to get your attention. Sure the rich or famous have an easier time, but most guys walk around like schmucks thinking they are not worthy to be noticed, and then get mad about not being noticed.
I take exception to the '*******' reference. I am far from that. Yes, I do not think I am worthy of being noticed but ONLY because I rarely am noticed. Think of it as negative reinforcement: if I am not noticed by women and therefore do not receive female attention then I think that I am unworthy of it simply because I do not receive it. And the longer it goes on the more ingrained the feeling is.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:42 PM

17 posts, read 14,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
But come on bro, how many women are leaving panties on your car with numbers to call them?

If they can do it for a rock star why don't they want to do it for an average dude who might even treat them better at the end of the day then the rock star who is just going to kick them out and be with the next girl?
Odds are she had no idea who drove that car. She just thought he was obviously rich, and it would be worth the risk to spend some time as a rich guys girlfriend.

Rock star is status. Average dude, not so much. Don't be average. Also let her know you have options. If she thinks she is the only game you got, then hell yea she is going to take advantage of you.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:43 PM

11,362 posts, read 9,275,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
The stupid DUI laws have all but destroyed any type of "adult" recreational activities in this country. Unless you have a neighborhood bar that you can walk to, you might as well forget about it.

I used to have a lot of fun in my younger years at clubs, but now days, it's not worth the risk of going to jail for. Yet another way that this country has managed to destroy the social interaction and communication in favor of sitting at home listening to the propaganda of the boob tube.

Makes me sick.

20yrsinBranson
Drunk drivers make me sick.

You can drink and go out if you want to. But it is apparent you have no self control so maybe it is in your best interest not to do that.

I shun hard liquor but I do drink good beer sometimes. When I go out to a club it's almost always to see a good band. I do not go out to pick up women. I'm in my 50s and I have never done that.

Three beers is my limit then it's water the rest of the night. That is what works for me. If one has the need to go out and get smashed on alcohol then they have no business getting behind the wheel. Spend a few bucks for a cab or don't go out at all.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:44 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,069 times
Quote:
I think more accurately this is where traditional marriage comes in. Marriage has changed in such a way that the market isn't one where people are off the market forever. Sexual mores have changed along with this. This makes many women believe that they can snag a man of much higher status than them if they only get the bait right. If all a man wants is sex, he will step down in status to not have to work as hard to get what he wants. This perpetuates the idea for some women that they are able to score the higher status man, and they hold out for commitment to one that rarely comes along. The pairings of traditional life long marriage meant that there was a much more even dispersment of men to women and vice versa, and thus sex was available to a larger group of men. Men can be left out of sex even if the contribute to society in other ways. There is no promise of sex. There are societies around the world where most men don't have a regular sex life. I agree that there is no good reason to outlaw prostitution, especially in the modern world we have created. It doesn't necessarily save these men. Legal prostitution means more customers, so the prostitute can be more selective in who she is willing to service.
Your points are noted.

Quote:
The ugly, awkward guy is still going to have to settle for a rather high price and probably low quality prostitute to get their sexual satisfaction.
Not true. In countries where prostitution is legal, ugly awkward men can sleep with solid 8-10 looking girls for fairly cheap. Also, these women LEARN how to sexually please a man because it's a job to them and they have to compete with other good looking girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships