U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 10:38 AM

15,125 posts, read 17,653,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Im sorry did you two write the rules for patronizing such establishments. These are not sex shops. People go to dance, listen to music, relax, have a drink, eat, play pool and mingle.
Sorry, I think it is foolish for Doll Eyes to complain about certain behavior from men and then turn around and go to a place that is an epicenter for that behavior.

As a note, I go to bars and clubs mainly to drink and have a good time and not really looking for "meat" like Doll Eyes suggests. She can't fit all men into a box no matter how hard she tries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 10:39 AM

8,739 posts, read 4,863,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Sorry, but that is stupid. That would be the equivalent of going to a barbershop when you don't want a haircut. If you know (or think ) that is all men want why go it you don't want it?

It's stupid because you can't imagine any woman not wanting to be picked up by you winners. You're all so appealing how can we resist, right?

Old 06-06-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I'm talking about with men, not your girlfriends. Now I see why facebook is so popular, people can no longer function in social settings.

I didn't say anything about completely ignoring men that talk to you. Where did I say that? Obviously if they talk to us, we talked to them. Again, social environment. But you don't seem to get that men are not women's whole reason for existence and socializing. I absolutely see why FB is popular too, if this is how males think I would rather stay on the computer instead of going to bars/clubs.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:43 AM

18 posts, read 16,937 times
I was just speaking to my friend about the subject last night! I was a club-goer back in the late 90's/early 00's and had so much fun back then (plus the music was so much better ).

I went to a neighbor's party at a club over the weekend and I was shocked how different things were. Most of the girls looked either looked whorish or looked like they were going to prom, while the guys looked like they rolled out of bed with messy hair and threw on some tight jeans and a bad t-shirt.

Everyone staying in their own groups. The girls stayed with their friends dancing dirty on the dance floor. The guys were standing around in their own groups near the walls not really paying attention to the girls.

It was a bizarre experience to say the least!

Last edited by SunnySide99; 06-06-2012 at 10:54 AM..

Old 06-06-2012, 10:44 AM

15,125 posts, read 17,653,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
It's stupid because you can't imagine any woman not wanting to be picked up by you winners. You're all so appealing how can we resist, right?
No it is stupid because putting yourself in prime position for a situation you don't want to happen in the first place is stupid with a capital S.

I don't even try to pick up women, period, these days.

11,285 posts, read 11,193,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I never said that. I'm just saying why go out, if you just want to isolate yourself?
When you go out, that is the opposite of isolating yourself. Women going out dosent mean soliciting sex. Hey, the Taliban called........

801 posts, read 747,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
So women who don't want to be picked up by men should stay shut up in their homes? How much does that ego weigh, I'm dying to know this?!

When I was interested in men approaching me they rarely did in a bar or otherwise (without some kind of pretense). So if I was going to the bar for 'attention from men' I was sorely disappointed on a number of occasions, LOL. So I went there just to have fun with the group I was with. It seems hard for you to grasp, that some of us women go places without any agenda, I know this is difficult to understand because mostly everything you guys do, has an agenda. As 2mares said sometimes we meet up with old friends, it's SOCIAL environment, that doesn't mean we don't talk to men. But so what if we don't? That's not the point of the night out. And I'm not angry, I'm annoyed.
I get annoyed with people who think that everyone has some kind of hidden "agenda" (actually, I just hate that word, especially when brought up when discussion world or political issues.) Even if they do, so what? People go to bars, clubs and other places for a multitude of reasons.

Do you get annoyed with men who try to start conversations with you, or are those men ok and the ones that annoy you are the ones who hit on you rudely and with crass? I find women who get annoyed by the former extremely egotistical. Yes, you should be annoyed and angry when a guy acts rude to you or makes lewd comments. But when a girl acts like a, well, you know, to a guy who's just trying to make conversation and is acting respectful, I think that girl is being extremely self-absorbed.

I really hate the attitude that some women have that entails being rude and annoyed to ANY man who approaches them, no matter if they're respectful and kind. To me, it gives off vibes of "pfft, you're not good enough to be around my presence."

Old 06-06-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Sorry, I think it is foolish for Doll Eyes to complain about certain behavior from men and then turn around and go to a place that is an epicenter for that behavior.

As a note, I go to bars and clubs mainly to drink and have a good time and not really looking for "meat" like Doll Eyes suggests. She can't fit all men into a box no matter how hard she tries.

What are you talking about? I don't date. Again, when I went to the bars they RARELY talked to me. If most of my friends went to the bar for the night what am I supposed to do, stay home? Duh. I went also.

LMAO @ the reasons you go to a bar. You can't understand why women go, for the same reasons just to have fun, we have to want to be 'picked up by men,' in order to go to a bar..... I don't have to fit you into a box, you do it on your own within threads like this.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby1925 View Post
I get annoyed with people who think that everyone has some kind of hidden "agenda" (actually, I just hate that word, especially when brought up when discussion world or political issues.) Even if they do, so what? People go to bars, clubs and other places for a multitude of reasons.

Do you get annoyed with men who try to start conversations with you, or are those men ok and the ones that annoy you are the ones who hit on you rudely and with crass? I find women who get annoyed by the former extremely egotistical. Yes, you should be annoyed and angry when a guy acts rude to you or makes lewd comments. But when a girl acts like a, well, you know, to a guy who's just trying to make conversation and is acting respectful, I think that girl is being extremely self-absorbed.

I really hate the attitude that some women have that entails being rude and annoyed to ANY man who approaches them, no matter if they're respectful and kind. To me, it gives off vibes of "pfft, you're not good enough to be around my presence."

If you understand why people go to bars for a multitude of reasons, then explain that to these others. I don't care if they have an agenda. I went anyways regardless if they were trying to pick up women or not because again I WASN'T there for that purpose. That is where the group of women went, so I went also.

You are saying things I didn't even say: I never said I was rude to men, I said they were RUDE to me on more then one occasion. I also didn't say I was annoyed by them approaching me. I was annoyed by them approaching me, talking to me nicely, and then slipping leaving the bar into the conversation, simply because they bought a $9.00 drink. You don't get the difference? Obviously if someone is talking and conversing with you, you do the same. That doesn't mean I'm going home with them, which is 9 times out of 10 what they would get upset about when it didn't happen. Again, because that was their agenda, not mine.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:53 AM

11,285 posts, read 11,193,435 times
Quote:

I didnt read it as her complaining but it was her experience and she was defending her position on going to bars just to hang with her gfriends. Your own statement would indicate clubs are not the epicenter for that behavior, since you dont go for that reason. I think Doll eyes is just defending the fact that not all women go to bars looking for a pick up. Just as you have declared you do not. How do react to being told you should just stay home and not go to bars if you do not want a bunch of skany drunk chicks trying to get in your pants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships