Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 03:16 PM

691 posts, read 1,427,145 times

Advertisements

If she knows the pictures bother you and she still does it anyway, then she isn't really respecting you. But who cares what anyone else thinks?

You also need to realize is behavior like this often leads to worse behavior. Its like rust on a car...best to nip it in the bud now, before it gets out of control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 07:08 PM

766 posts, read 1,658,504 times
I only read the 1st page so far and I don't see what the big deal is. It doesn't sound like she's dressed like a street walker. It sounds like she's trying cute and showing off a little cleavage. It she was dressed that bad, it seems like you would have said something.

If she wore the outfit out she probably thought she looked cute and wanted to post the pic.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:36 PM

372 posts, read 740,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister-H View Post
What he said, minus the male chauvinism. Some will spin it and say it's about insecurity. That's B-S. This is a matter of respect.

It's not chauvinistic to lead your woman, that's the man's job.

In addition to your point of it being a matter of respect, it's also a matter of safety. When a woman goes out dressing in such a manner, there will be some men who may act inappropriately towards her, and the husband will have to defend her, and possibly have to fight one of these other men. So any woman I go out with will have to dress like a grown woman, or else she will get left at home.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:11 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times
Attention *****. Facebook is full of them, regardless of sex or marital status.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:15 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter1967 View Post
So my wife and I have had another somewhat minor disagreement that I want to get the boards take on:

My wife and I have made Wednesday our date night. We generally just go to a local bar for Karaoke as my wife loves to sing. She has made a habit of posting a FB pic of herself going out each Wednesday. For the most part I've had no problem with it. But some of the outfits have shown some cleavage, and a few of her guys friends have commented on the pics. One guys comments were pretty inappropriate but he's a weird old friend of her family and is harmless. Another guy must hide his posts because I can never see what he posts, I can only see my wife's replies to him. One of my friends sent me a text one day and in a light-hearted way brought up the pics and the cleavage. It seemed like it was his way of saying, "why is your wife doing this". The few weeks ago, while I was out of town, she went to mow the lawn and posted on FB that she was about to do that with a pic of her in a bikini. I didn't say anything as I feel like I'm often complaining about this type of stuff to her. But when my friend mentioned it it bothered me.

Is it normal for a married women to be posting FB pics of herself like this? Am I being too uptight?

My wife has agreed to curtail the FB pics, but insists that she sees nothing wrong with it.
Holy smokes batman! She is bad! She shouldn't be doing this once she is married. Gives the wrong impression.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:40 PM

541 posts, read 941,257 times
Quote:
So my wife and I have had another somewhat minor disagreement that I want to get the boards take on:

My wife and I have made Wednesday our date night. We generally just go to a local bar for Karaoke as my wife loves to sing. She has made a habit of posting a FB pic of herself going out each Wednesday. For the most part I've had no problem with it. But some of the outfits have shown some cleavage, and a few of her guys friends have commented on the pics. One guys comments were pretty inappropriate but he's a weird old friend of her family and is harmless. Another guy must hide his posts because I can never see what he posts, I can only see my wife's replies to him. One of my friends sent me a text one day and in a light-hearted way brought up the pics and the cleavage. It seemed like it was his way of saying, "why is your wife doing this". The few weeks ago, while I was out of town, she went to mow the lawn and posted on FB that she was about to do that with a pic of her in a bikini. I didn't say anything as I feel like I'm often complaining about this type of stuff to her. But when my friend mentioned it it bothered me.

Is it normal for a married women to be posting FB pics of herself like this? Am I being too uptight?

My wife has agreed to curtail the FB pics, but insists that she sees nothing wrong with it.

It is seems a little weird.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:03 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
I agree with another poster who said its hard to comment without seeing the pictures.
I'm a picture poster myself, ESPECIALLY if I feel like I look good. I actually have a "Show Stopping" album where I post my cute pictures. 90% of the comments/likes come from my female friends and ocassionally my male friends will say something.

I'm not seeking attention; i just like to post pics. And I like to see pics of my friends rather its a club pic, a picture of a dinner they just cooked, the yard thats finally landscaped, a new haircut, new rims on the car....

Maybe it's a generational thing. My friends and I are spread across the world now I love being able to see them and feel like we're still connected.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:09 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times
Quote:
I didn't say I flirt with co-workers. I said that people in general like attention from the opposite sex. That's why they flirt with co-workers. I don't flirt with co-workers.

Seemed like you implied its use. But anyway...I would be disappointed in that behavior especially then.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:32 AM

6 posts, read 8,497 times
Quote:
My lady could be the most faithful wife in the world. Doesn't mean I want her dancing topless. It's a respect issue. I think other men and women look at the pics and make assumptions that she does not respect me. That is a huge issue for me.

Why do you make it sound that the only problem you have is “others” might think she is being disrespectful to you? If that's really the only thing in the whole equation... Not so sure here, but if in fact it is, Why do you care about these “others”? You know your wife, you know she is flirty and you know she is an attention seeker to some extent... and you accept her that way and you are sure about her compromise with your relationship...

As someone said before FB is a good place to advertise yourself, she is just doing that... and if you cant read someone's comments, have you ever asked your wife to show you those comments or has she ever showed you her FB profile???

Old 11-27-2012, 03:50 PM

1 posts, read 995 times
OK so I googled and this came up because my boyfriend's best friend's wife does this. She changes her profile pic once or twice a week. Puts pics of her legs (which are beautiful) but pretends it's about her designer shoes. I feel bad for the bloke. He's already jealous and insecure because she kissed her ex boyfriend a few months before they got married. Yes, she confessed feeling guilty, and no I don't judge her, people make mistakes. I just feel bad for him because she's not making it easier to win over his trust. She's deeply insecure and immature. I can't even hang out with her separate of them because she and her friends haven't left high school and they're in their thirties!

So I agree with what jasper12 said. Sad but true. I don't mind attention from men, when I'm single. But now that I'm with someone who I'm satisfied with on every level I don't need to do that. Either she will grow out of it, or you'll get over her and meet someone a bit more balanced, not needing that kind of attention. Try to help her understand, how this makes you feel when people mention this to you. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships