Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 10:35 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
No no, that would be a problem, because she's made it clear that she would not be okay with that. If he ignores her and goes behind her back, they've got much bigger fish to fry than his perceived lack of grace on the dance floor.
And....the whole problem can be avoided if she just practices with him. Done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 10:37 AM

895 posts, read 475,595 times
Alternately, if he created enough attraction for her, she'd be begging to practice with far more often. There seems so be a bit of a lack of relationship fun that has her disinterested.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:39 AM

467 posts, read 664,888 times
Sounds like bad news to me, I wouldn't agree with it. If they can't agree on dancing what's the point of being married to each other?

Old 06-07-2012, 10:41 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times
If he were my husband I would welcome him to find a dance partner to practice with if I myself felt I did not need the practice. I would also suggest he take additional classes if he wanted to as well. I don't always like the activities my husband likes and he does not like all of them I like however, we go and do things together that each of us enjoys to spend time together, to learn about new things and to share each others interests. Marriage is a partnership and should be treated as such not doing what ONE likes to do while disregarding what the other likes to do or wants to do to improve themselves. I would probably take additional classes with my husband though but a different dance style perhaps. One that I may not be as proficient at as he is.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:42 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
I'm a woman and I'm middle of the road with it. I think if these dance sessions take place at the studio, which is where I assume these people are going, then it shouldn't be a problem. He's enjoying it. He wants to increase his skill level, and it's great exercise. There is no reason these two need to have date dance nights or private sessions at her home, although I would invite her to my home if they wanted to dance outside studio hours.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:56 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,936 times
Let us get one thing firmly established, before we continue:
Patience is a virtue. If he just chills out and has fun with it, he will get the practice he feels he needs in time with his wife when they go dancing together. In time, the problem will resolve itself. He's just wanting to speed it up, which is unnecessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
Nope. I am right in line with many others here. We are all tired and busy. That is no reason to avoid the responsibilites of her part in this activity. Besides, it would be her rejecting a need/desire/want he is bringing to her. This is not a good way to maintain a happy marriage.
So it's all about the guy now. Lookit, if one person hardly works at all and the other person works their butt off full-time, the first oughtta recognize that as part of the reason they don't want to be dancing for hours on end every day. So I think yes, that'd be a good reason to avoid her "responsibilities". Now, we know she agreed to practice with him "more often". But, that's kinda vague, as is the report on exactly what she has or hasn't done since.

Wanting to go off and pursue your own individual goals, despite how it makes your SO feel, is not a good way to maintain a happy marriage either btw...

My gf said, "Maybe ballroom dancing, but not latin" *shrugs*

Cyno agrees. The solution is to have him practice dancing with another guy (while Idk about the stipulation that he find a gay guy, I can see where he'd have trouble finding any other). After all, the husband has stated that a dance relationship and a romantic relationship are quite different, so he should have no problem with the idea.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:10 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,182,741 times
It sounds like the guy is more into ballroom dancing then his wife and I don't find anything about his desire for more practice, fishy. He asked his wife to practice with him because he enjoys dancing and wants to improve but she won't. Since he can't really practice alone, it seems logical that he should be able to practice with a partner. If I were the wife and I was uncomfortable with my husband dancing with another woman, I would just dance with him since it's obviously important to him.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:15 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
VIc, youre so yawn inducing it hurts. Not every man is a doormat who bends to every whim of a woman. Find a gay guy to practice with? Are you out of your mind? Grow a set bro and relize not everyone is out to please everyone.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:17 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm a woman and I'm middle of the road with it. I think if these dance sessions take place at the studio, which is where I assume these people are going, then it shouldn't be a problem. He's enjoying it. He wants to increase his skill level, and it's great exercise. There is no reason these two need to have date dance nights or private sessions at her home, although I would invite her to my home if they wanted to dance outside studio hours.

If the husband does his extra practice in the studio with others present, not one on one in another woman's home, there should be no problem for the wife.

If the wife really has an issue with her husband dancing with anyone else period, then she better put on her dancing shoes

Old 06-07-2012, 11:25 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
(personal attacks edited out)
Then he can just practice with his wife when she's up for it. He'll still get better, and his wife won't have to say "Okay, dance with her instead" when she's really not comfortable with the idea. Everyone wins
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships