U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-07-2012, 09:18 PM
 
99 posts, read 56,940 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
I wasn't trying to prove your point, but I'm sorry you're following it. It's sad you care about your own needs and happiness over your wife, and that you're insulting your and her current life... .In a marriage, it's not just about you.
Most people have diff views of marriage, I mean really if they didn't then the divorce rate wouldn't be well over 60 percent, so we'll agree to disagree. I guess I could say I can't believe my wifes being so disrespectful to my medical and professional needs, hmmm guess it can go both ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-07-2012, 09:19 PM
 
99 posts, read 56,940 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
This sounds less like it was "planning" than wishful thinking on your part...
and probably hopeful denial on her part.

ftr... I really doubt the woman didn't know that the divorce agreement makes this sort of
move really, really difficult if the other parent doesn't want to go along with it.
Then there's the issue of her family which I assume lives nearby too.

You're on your own kid.
Better you learned it now than later.
Tru Dat!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2012, 09:20 PM
 
99 posts, read 56,940 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1960 View Post
You can always move out west and she can join you when she can.
That appears to be the only solution
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2012, 09:22 PM
 
99 posts, read 56,940 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Drama. Do some research. These types of stipulations are rarely enforced, and frequently over turned.
That's been our argument recently, and what led me to believe that she actually doesn't want to move. Cause the Bio Father can't stop us as his 90 days have passed since we served him, but for some reason she feels she needs to stay here for the court hearing he attempting to serve us w/.

This sent off alarm bells for me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2012, 09:30 PM
 
Location: The State Line
1,714 posts, read 1,505,114 times
Reputation: 1835
Quote:
Originally Posted by docmac22 View Post
Most people have diff views of marriage, I mean really if they didn't then the divorce rate wouldn't be well over 60 percent, so we'll agree to disagree. I guess I could say I can't believe my wifes being so disrespectful to my medical and professional needs, hmmm guess it can go both ways.
She's doing what you're doing. You wife shouldn't move with you. You're not acting like a husband but a single man who wants his way over anyone else, without compromise. Set her free, so she can find herself someone who really cares about her also (and her child). Can't be in a marriage or relationship if one is quick to bail; except since you didn't realize this before a marriage, it will be more costly than breaking up... .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2012, 09:37 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
44,412 posts, read 55,024,137 times
Reputation: 37228
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
She's doing what you're doing. You wife shouldn't move with you. You're not acting like a husband but a single man who wants his way over anyone else, without compromise. Set her free, so she can find herself someone who really cares about her also (and her child). Can't be in a marriage or relationship if one is quick to bail; except since you didn't realize this before a marriage, it will be more costly than breaking up... .
He disgusts me. I'm done with this thread, some people just cannot be saved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Status: "Fall is falling." (set 12 days ago)
 
Location: Mohave Valley, AZ
190 posts, read 129,118 times
Reputation: 214
Aren't there 2 other children involved in this move?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2012, 10:16 PM
 
2,208 posts, read 2,091,722 times
Reputation: 1790
Quote:
Originally Posted by docmac22 View Post
That's been our argument recently, and what led me to believe that she actually doesn't want to move. Cause the Bio Father can't stop us as his 90 days have passed since we served him, but for some reason she feels she needs to stay here for the court hearing he attempting to serve us w/.

This sent off alarm bells for me!
I think your wife is right in staying until the court hearing. If she relocates with a court hearing pending she could lose custody. I went through the same thing 2 months ago. It took a long time to get it through the courts but I waited. It depending on the factors the judges are pretty reasonable and understanding. She has to put her daughter first and understand that if she moves the courts can transfer custody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2012, 12:01 AM
 
99 posts, read 56,940 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
She's doing what you're doing. You wife shouldn't move with you. You're not acting like a husband but a single man who wants his way over anyone else, without compromise. Set her free, so she can find herself someone who really cares about her also (and her child). Can't be in a marriage or relationship if one is quick to bail; except since you didn't realize this before a marriage, it will be more costly than breaking up... .
not really thank god for prenups!!! (
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2012, 12:07 AM
 
99 posts, read 56,940 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
I think your wife is right in staying until the court hearing. If she relocates with a court hearing pending she could lose custody. I went through the same thing 2 months ago. It took a long time to get it through the courts but I waited. It depending on the factors the judges are pretty reasonable and understanding. She has to put her daughter first and understand that if she moves the courts can transfer custody.
While I see ur point, it's like waiting to sue someone after the statute of limitations have passed you can't, and that's my point to her you gave ur 90 days if you do what you feel is the right thing and stick around and then your told no then were stuck here, vs if we went ahead and moved they'd be more apt to understand that the money's already been spent and the investment has been made and I think like 95% of relo's are allowed so long as your not trying to keep parent away from kid.

I think she has a great shot it's just we differ on going about it, and that's the issue, well it was until she said tonight she wasn't sure if she wanted to move all the way across the country. EEEKKK now that's a whole new ball game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top