Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 04:52 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ceTr0n View Post
In regards to the truth of how you would view me in public is what I meant.
It's painful that I would be polite rather than friendly and engage you because you wanted me to?

Going by your posts most likely it'd only be painful based on whether I was good looking as it seems if I was average or below you'd likely wouldn't have even bothered to talk to me.

Old 06-08-2012, 04:55 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
I think the first picture in the OP is the most flattering and then this last one. The Titanic one was actually pretty good, but most of the others in the OP are not flattering b/c of the way the light bounces off your glasses. You might could play around with them a bit though.

Old 06-08-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
You're really going to take stock of what this poster thinks of you after reading what she posted?
Seems you have an issue with what I posted care to tell what's wrong with:
I think your looks will improve with exercise
Do you think exercise generally doesn't make people more attractive?

I think whether your expectations/standards are too high is subjective
Do you think there is too high expectations/standards outside of perfection?

I think as a guy your looks will be greatly overlooked
Do you think guys don't get leeway on being judged based on youth/beauty?

I would be polite not friendly and engage you because you want me to
Do you think gals are obligated to give guys attention when he wants it?

Old 06-08-2012, 04:59 PM

227 posts, read 465,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
I find you bleh and think working out likely will move you up to meh or decent based on your efforts.

I most likely wouldn't have notice you if I saw you in a public place. My reaction if you tried to start a general conversation if we were standing in line at some venue would be 'I'm not interested in interacting with you'. You're not in need of assistance, I don't find you attractive

That part equates to why I said "ouch" The truth hurts as I knew it would in this thread, nothing more.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
That part equates to why I said "ouch" The truth hurts as I knew it would in this thread, nothing more.
So it's ouch because I find you unattractive and would be polite rather than friendly and engage you because you wanted me to. Bit curious to if you feel gals are obligated to give you their attention and time because you want them to?

Old 06-08-2012, 05:07 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,471 times
Quote:
So it's ouch because I find you unattractive and would be polite rather than friendly and engage you because you wanted me to. Bit curious to if you feel gals are obligated to give you their attention and time because you want them to?
What is your problem? I don't see the OP has having an attitude that 'gals are obligated to give him their attention'? Point out to us from where you are getting it.

You sure are poking him hard with the stick over a simple legitimate question he posed. Wow.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:11 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,095,018 times
Quote:
Seems you have an issue with what I posted care to tell what's wrong with:
Men can get laid by any standard of women because they have a penis?

Where did you get that garbage from?

Quote:
On the contrary, everyone has said you are decent looking. Honestly, from one dude to another, your clothes are pretty bad, but that is just a personal decision. I dress well and it doesn't really help that much. Personally, I care more about how I dress than a woman who I'm interested in is dressed.

But if you're approaching women cold, a little bit more 'personality' in terms of your dress might help.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
What is your problem? I don't see the OP has having an attitude that 'gals are obligated to give him their attention'? Point out to us from where you are getting it.

You sure are poking him hard with the stick over a simple legitimate question he posed. Wow.
Perhaps try his post right above mine. Quite unsure how I'm poking him hard with the stick over his question when I answered his question. I'm commenting on his reaction to my answer.

I was curious to if he felt that way since a gal being polite rather than friendly and engaging him because he wants her to is ouch, so painful, hurts, and such.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:12 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,410,320 times
After looking at all the photos, here's my thoughts.

Lose a little weight. You don't have to "get ripped" or go crazy.

Avoid prints and wear more solid colors. Wear more medium or darker colors in shirts. With your coloring, choose a lot of blues and blue-greens, khaki, warm browns.

Walmart/Target? Consider at least upgrading to solid middle-of-the-road stores like JC Penney, Kohls, etc ... Your clothes will last longer.

Let your hair grow a little longer. Keep the cut longer on top. It would be great if some of your hair fell forward over your forehead. Don't listen to the person who told you to use gel.

The glasses can stay or not. You do have nice eyes that show more without them. Get an anti-reflective coating on your lenses and it will help your eyes to show better.

Once you've done all this, just be yourself. If you want some perspective, take a look at other men who are married or have a girlfriend. It will become obvious that effort is required, but not perfection.

You can do this.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:16 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,356,641 times
I think you have a very sweet smile. If I were in the market, I'd give you a shot! You might try wearing clothes that are a little more "rakish". I personally love it when men wear scarves, the thick knitted kind and I think shawl collar sweaters really jack up a man's sex appeal. Here's what they look like.
https://www.google.com/search?q=shaw...iw=891&bih=453
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships