Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 07:49 AM

307 posts, read 312,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I truly don't understand this phenomenon (I've seen it before) where someone likes you a lot but won't let you get close to them. What is that? Why do they do that?
are you addressing this to me?

or is this about him and not letting me get close to him? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
You are basically turning him down, so of course he's going to keep himself open to other opportunities. Obviously you're jealous of the other girl so you must like him. You almost sound offended by him dating other girls. You have a right to your feelings as everyone does but he has a right to date other girls because you two are not in a relationship. Don't let your jealous feelings get in the way if you really do want a relationship with him. He didn't do anything wrong, you've effectively said no so what is he supposed to do?
about a couple of days later... i am seeing things in exactly the way you're describing it... but initially i was angry/annoyed/... but then realised i shouldnt be and he can date others if he wants.
and no he didnt do anything wrong... apart from it seeming like he wanted to rub it in my face how "sexy" she was :/
and how he really did want to kiss her back...and it was hard to stop himself :s

Old 06-11-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
For god's sake leave the poor guy alone and let him find a girl who knows what she wants, has the confidence to communicate it and doesn't enjoy the thrill of teasing him with 6th grade games like that last ridiculous text exchange.
i know what i want... but theres a lot of factors to consider in this case..which none of you know about, my situation is quite complex actually..even more than i've let on

i don't get a thrill from teasing him... its unintentional..
to a lot of you it may seem to look that way... but actually...
its just my personality... im not like that girl he went on a date with..like im not going to be that forward...

Old 06-11-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
Ok that is not what I advised. Just forget this other girl, he doesn't like her.
lol i knew it wasn;t what you'd advised...and you wouldnt be pleased with tht messaging..

but anyways i've gotten over him and that girl now..

so its all good

Old 06-11-2012, 08:02 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,592,818 times
He told you about the other girl in order to make you jelous, it may or may not even have been a true story. In my opinion, hat dude needs to start acting like a man and be direct with you. This indirect BS shouldnt be a part of the equation.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
He told you about the other girl in order to make you jelous, it may or may not even have been a true story. In my opinion, hat dude needs to start acting like a man and be direct with you. This indirect BS shouldnt be a part of the equation.
hmm.. it seemed like a true story..because of the way it flowed..and because "someone"..he said it was the girl called him whilst he was on the phone to me..and he put me on hold and then came back and told me about her...like this girl she is this and that and we met up last week ...etc etc etc

its true what you're saying...but i'm probably not much better...as some people seem to think...
but i am a girl..i should be allowed to act like one ..

Old 06-11-2012, 09:02 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,592,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy 87 View Post
hmm.. it seemed like a true story..because of the way it flowed..and because "someone"..he said it was the girl called him whilst he was on the phone to me..and he put me on hold and then came back and told me about her...like this girl she is this and that and we met up last week ...etc etc etc

its true what you're saying...but i'm probably not much better...as some people seem to think...
but i am a girl..i should be allowed to act like one ..
Women are indirect, it is a feminine display of how they communicate. Notice, in a relationship a woman will rarely really say whats not working or what on her mind, but would rather drop a 100 hints, thinking her man should know what she's trying to communicate. Its normal and every guy should know this. Men on the other hand, are supposed to be direct which is a display of masculine behavior.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:09 AM

1,591 posts, read 3,420,840 times
Quote:
Women are indirect, it is a feminine display of how they communicate. Notice, in a relationship a woman will rarely really say whats not working or what on her mind, but would rather drop a 100 hints, thinking her man should know what she's trying to communicate. Its normal and every guy should know this. Men on the other hand, are supposed to be direct which is a display of masculine behavior.
Can you blame him for being cautious after the way she has been acting? He is sending her all kind of messages and hints and seeing how she responds, based on the way she has been responding I would be hesitant to ask her out as well. If I were him I would think she doesn't like me. She has given him the cold shoulder at every turn. He has been trying to get her interest and she is ignoring him, now she has given up and they will grow old and die without ever dating each other because neither one actually stepped up and took the reigns. Candy you have given me a bummer start to my day.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:23 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,608,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy 87 View Post
are you addressing this to me?

or is this about him and not letting me get close to him? lol
Both you and in general. It's about you not letting him get close to you even though you like him.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:37 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,746,626 times
Quote:
Societal conditioning and programming; nothing more

Not to derail the thread or anything, but what's is so inherently bad about a woman asking a man on a date? A woman being the first party to say "ILY"? A woman to verbally and directly express her feelings and emotions, to a guy she cares about romantically? Why is it automatically all "on the guy", to do all of these things?

If women did more of any or all of the above (instead of leaving it all up to the man to initiate and/or bear the brunt of being rejected), in MHO, there would be a lot less lonely people (men and women), in this world today.

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 06-11-2012 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: Typos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships