Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 06:17 PM

727 posts, read 1,533,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmemaybe View Post
Well, that's a little bit judgmental isn't it? I mean you're right in the sense as it is, she is probably more important to me than I am to her, but what I am asking is how can I go about changing that possibly?

Do you think I should just remove her from my facebook and messenger and pretend I never met her?
If that doesn't cry stalker I don't know what does. You haven't met this girl in person yet. I concur with everyone else when they say go out and meet people in your area. I'm moving in a couple of months myself, but I don't put my life on hold. Don't put your life on hold, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 06:19 PM

1,327 posts, read 3,179,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzcrandall View Post
If that doesn't cry stalker I don't know what does. You haven't met this girl in person yet. I concur with everyone else when they say go out and meet people in your area. I'm moving in a couple of months myself, but I don't put my life on hold. Don't put your life on hold, either.
Gee I'm not in love with her, i just wanna know her better. Or I did, but honestly, she's prob not worth it anyways. To be honest, after thinking and reading your guys' replies, I think I am wasting her time and my own time. Being single isn't that bad, I'm just gonna focus on family, friends and studies.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:27 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,118,347 times
One of my friends met a man on Myspace 6 years ago. They are now happily married with a kid.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:30 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Never know what will happen.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:46 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,306,289 times
Quote:
The title is just a hook, I know it's impossible to make someone like you, and even if you become close online, it might be different in real life, as my brother found out in one relationship. But this is my situation:

Okay so since March, I've been talking to this girl from southern Ontario. I live in Oregon but I am planning on moving to Canada to study anyways next year, I'm mostly thinking about Vancouver but I'd change plans and study in Ontario instead if anything happened between her and I (i'm not counting my chickens btw). I'm not interested in finding a local girl because I plan to leave soon though I'm not totally closed off to the idea I guess, I just really like this girl in particular.

She's 18 and I'm 22, and we are kinda online friends, I met her on yahoo answers and I have her on my facebook and we chat maybe 2-3 times a week on average there or on yahoo messenger or skype or whatever.

So the thing is, she's a pretty nice girl but I get the idea that sometimes she gives me the cold shoulder and just feels obliged to talk to me but doesn't really want to, even though she told me that she would just tell me if she didn't want to talk to me anymore.

The thing is though, I really like her and I do think she is probably interested in talking to me, she just has a very busy life. She's about to graduate from high school and she works a part time job, and she's a pretty girl who seems fairly popular so she probably has a lot of friends which could explain why she seems standoffish at times and often, hell, usually, forgets to say goodbye.

Some things though - I usually am the one to initiate a conversation online, and usually she doesn't stay very long, but occasionally I will luck out and she will talk to me for a couple hours.

I have her phone number, she didn't outright give it to me but it's on her FB page, I called her a couple weeks ago after she had a really bad allergic reaction to ask her how she was doing, and to let her know I was concerned. She seemed happy that I checked up on her, I was worried she would be like all 'wtf is this' but she wasn't like that at all thankfully.

I tried calling her again last night at 5 PM (8 PM her time) and 6 PM (9 her time) but got her voice mail each time. I didn't leave a message.

How can I increase the odds of her letting me get closer to her and know her better? How much do I talk to her? Generally I message her about 3 times a week and she writes back maybe 2 out of 3 of those times, she always seems to have something else to do though and generally doesn't stay much longer than 20 minutes or so.

I really like this girl, how can I make myself seem more interesting to her without annoying her? Should I try to call her again tomorrow, or wait another day or two?

Is she even worth the trouble?
"what the ****"

those are the words that zinged through my head as I read your post quite uncomfortably.

22 and you're trying to go for some girl thousands of miles away? wtf?

You want to take a trip to Canada, or go there for school thats good but you should have your mind set on pounding other girls. Put all your eggs in one basket at this set of the game and you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. If you decide to go out there, that's find but don't do it to throw the kitty up on the pedestal.

You want to know how you can increase your odds with this girl, or any other? Stop acting needy, stop acting like you give a ****. You get her number off of facebook and ring her up, that's pretty creepy man. You need to be better than that.

Gotta remember young jedi, being desperate won't get you laid (unless you like them large and in charge).

I'd say you'd be better of having a fling and pounding it out with some girls around your way. You go out to Ontario, keep yourself focused in school and enjoy traveling around to the different cities in Ontario (you might get bored pretty quick though, DO visit Montreal!).

Old 06-10-2012, 08:47 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
Not sure you can 'make' anyone like you.

Weird.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:09 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,225,871 times
Quote:
I met her on yahoo answers

That's the most romantic thing I ever heard.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:09 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,718,761 times
" Blue, blue windows behind the stars
Yellow moon on the rise
Big birds flying across the sky
Throwing shadows on our eyes"

Sell everything you own and buy a bus ticket to South Ontario!

Old 06-12-2012, 12:36 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,712 times
She is probably busy right now so it's a good idea to wait for her to contact you. Even if it takes a few weeks or months. Bombarding messages on her social networking sites would make her not want to talk to you.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:38 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,920,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
"what the ****"

those are the words that zinged through my head as I read your post quite uncomfortably.

22 and you're trying to go for some girl thousands of miles away? wtf?

You want to take a trip to Canada, or go there for school thats good but you should have your mind set on pounding other girls. Put all your eggs in one basket at this set of the game and you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. If you decide to go out there, that's find but don't do it to throw the kitty up on the pedestal.

You want to know how you can increase your odds with this girl, or any other? Stop acting needy, stop acting like you give a ****. You get her number off of facebook and ring her up, that's pretty creepy man. You need to be better than that.

Gotta remember young jedi, being desperate won't get you laid (unless you like them large and in charge).

I'd say you'd be better of having a fling and pounding it out with some girls around your way. You go out to Ontario, keep yourself focused in school and enjoy traveling around to the different cities in Ontario (you might get bored pretty quick though, DO visit Montreal!).

Yet another post by wordlife that's spot on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships