Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2008, 10:25 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times

Advertisements

I actually did read this entire thread. I don't have a problem with strip clubs. Occasionally I go to them & enjoy the young ladies dancing on the stage or at my table. Usually I go with my nephew & his father. The club we go to has excellent food at reasonable prices, although I always seem to be the only one who eats. I've blown $500 at Disney World & I would've rather spent it at a strip club, but what can you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 12:14 PM

279 posts, read 1,138,994 times
No surprise here.. Yes, we have been to strip clubs. See no issue with it, its a personal choice to go. Do we get lap dances no. do we do the private room thing noooo.

Mostly we go to hang out and hear good music and just be, we have friends that go and its no different then seeing a burlesque dinner/cocktail shows back in the 60's.

NOT ALL the time, it's not a HAVE to go, no desperate reasons or sordid reasons. And I know its hard for some to understand, and feel strongly about it being demeaning, immoral, etc..heard it all, and it doesnt really matter, because its not your life its ours.

Be as it may, though, the ladies who dance are there to make money thats the facts, and make no mistake about it. And the way they make that money is to make the men there feel that they are special, and as long as everyone realizes thats what its all about, then no one is surprised that he is gonna spend a huge amount of money to feel special, and fantasizes that the girl likes him. stupid that men do this but hey.. some do and thats the way it is. Its like gambling, it can get addictive if you have that type of personality.

This is where I do have a problem, If a man goes and blows his family money and it takes away from the household, or it hurts his wife- he lies to her, as in its a big secret, then thats huge problem for them.

Its along the lines of, dont blame the other women /or man when your spouse has an affair, though she/he knew th eperson was married.....the marreid partner didnt have to persue, they could have said no..... you cant steal anything that doesnt want to be stolen.

Now, do WE go alone? no, no point.. DO we go and ton of money on the stuff they offer?? nope. We just go listen to music watch girls dance, have a good dinner and chill. Some have fantastic cigar lounges and great comedy acts...so ya know its no big deal.

Hard to stomach for some, but its not for everyone and we all dont see it the same way.

And thats why its optional to go or not to go.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:45 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,542,041 times
My hubby has a friend that is always asking him to go to a strip club. His answer is always why?, I have a good woman at home, don't need to go there!

Old 02-25-2008, 03:58 PM

279 posts, read 1,138,994 times
Because we go, does not mean I am not a great wife, or that other wives are not, again its just a personal preference to go or not.

Its wonderful to read that your husband says that to his friend, I find it very sweet.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:17 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times
I am hardly a Prude. As a matter of fact, based on some of my past adventures I could probably be called a Libertine. And, I do not believe in censorship nor prohibitions.

However, I view Strip Clubs, and that whole element of pseudo-sexual commercialization that they represent, as sleezy pandering to society's sexual neuroses caused by attitudes and legislation influenced mainly by religious traditions.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:41 PM

119 posts, read 517,453 times
If your single - sure why not?!
Married or in a serious relationship -No WAY!

Why would I give some other woman my HARD earned money to shake her stuff in MY husbands face!? If my hubby wants to give me $100 to shake my stuff at him, I'd be MORE than happy to! Shoot, I'll even do it for free!

Thankfully, this isn't an issue in my house, as my husband has the same views I do. He tells me he doesn't have a need for strip clubs because he has me for free.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:45 PM

27,337 posts, read 27,387,014 times
To a reasonable extent. Heck if I still had the body of a 25 yr old, heck Id be working as a dancer. Maybe not a strip-dancer, but an exotic. Nothing wrong with dancing and getting paid for it.
Heck, many years ago when I was married we hired a dancer to come out to the house fro my husbands b-day. she stripped down to her skimpies, we videotaped it all, and he was so RED from embarressment. But it was all in fun, and everyone enjoyed the show.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:53 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,260,315 times
I dont really think I'd like it too much if my husband went without me. We're in our 30's married for 3 years, and honestly, we don't have the most active sex life (we have twin 2 YO's). I understand that men are stimulated visually, and I can admit that there are other women around that take care of themselves and stay in shape. I could easily dance around the bedroom in some geddup, but why not make a night of it? Im not that insecure, so it doesnt bother me to go with him. I know he's not going to fantasize about them later- It's just some nudy girls dancing around, we don't give the dancers any money. We even like to critique them together..We talk and laugh together, get cozy on the couches and usually ahve a good time. Surprisingly, Im a very conservative gal other than this..

Last edited by Oobie119; 02-26-2008 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: adding info

Old 02-26-2008, 08:04 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,900,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
I am hardly a Prude. As a matter of fact, based on some of my past adventures I could probably be called a Libertine. And, I do not believe in censorship nor prohibitions.

However, I view Strip Clubs, and that whole element of pseudo-sexual commercialization that they represent, as sleezy pandering to society's sexual neuroses caused by attitudes and legislation influenced mainly by religious traditions.
This is by far the most intelligent quote on this thread, I couldn't agree more.

And then, think about what you are supporting? How many of those girls are drug or alcohol addicts? I think more than you would like to admit. Is that something you would like to support? OK maybe 2% are getting themselves through college, but come on most just use that as an excuse. How many were abused sexually as children? Again, is this really something you want to support? Maybe many of you can shrug this off as not being "a big deal" but you are supporting these womens' destructive lifestyles and the objectification of women on top of that.

And to think your husbands are not fantasizing about them afterwards is denial with a capital D! But that's not the point.

Would you like your daughters doing it for a living? Why not? Then those are the reasons not to support it.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:50 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmc2007 View Post

...Mostly we go to hang out and hear good music...
Go in the men's room and look on the back of the door of the stall, and you can see some good art.

Some strip clubs serve peanuts at the bar so you can also get in a little fine dining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships