Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 08:57 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,362,991 times

Advertisements

I work with a woman I regard as promiscuous. She regularly goes to pick up joints, gets a man... they go to to her place and have sex. Then after he leaves, she returns to the same bar and gets man #2 to have sex with her. I'm scared to ask her if she's ever returned a third time. I don't EVEN wanna know!

Old 06-12-2012, 08:59 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,944,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I work with a woman I regard as promiscuous. She regularly goes to pick up joints, gets a man... they go to to her place and have sex. Then after he leaves, she returns to the same bar and gets man #2 to have sex with her. I'm scared to ask her if she's ever returned a third time. I don't EVEN wanna know!
I know some guys who do this. They call them women of questionable virtue.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:05 PM

691 posts, read 1,423,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
There's a woman from my area on twitter, that will meet guys at highway rest stops and parking lots for quick sex. And yes, its real, she even posts pictures of herself at wherever she is to prove it. She's such a train wreck, its fun to watch. I never even opened twitter up before someone told me about this LOL.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:08 PM

691 posts, read 1,423,249 times
I also personally know a woman who is promiscuous. She's 43 but she's had some "fun" in her time so she looks like she is 65. Anyway she's always at the local convenience store looking to pick up men. I go there to each lunch and BS with the regulars that hang there most afternoons. I have seen her leave with all sorts of bums before. She even tried hitting on me once and wouldn't take the hint, tried to take my picture on her cell phone...I ran as fast as I could to my car, she skeeves me out. I thought her antics were funny until she targeted me LOL.

It was an eye opening experience though. I know how women feel when they have to put up with creepy guys who don't get the hint.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:35 PM

154 posts, read 155,457 times
It's a label women despise.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:53 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,703,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I just can't get off that someone would use this word at all.

It's no ones gd business who or how many people any one sleeps with IMO.

As for people who try to quanitfy it...more than 10? In how long? If he lives to be 100, that's only one every 10 years! Is that still "promiscuous"? Who sets the rules?

"Promiscuous" smacks of judgement. It's like saying "ugly" - entirely in the eye of the beholder. We should just drop it from the English language altogether, like the word ****. Although I know a couple of those...
people probably have a problem with the word because the shoe fits so speak. I don't have a problem with the word.....Also, I agree with you it's not other people's buisness -- but that's not reality. You WILL be judged based on how many people you've slept with (or not) depending on your age. That's just the way the cookie crumbles. Now whether or not you care, is of course another matter.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:12 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,944,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I just can't get off that someone would use this word at all.

It's no ones gd business who or how many people any one sleeps with IMO.

As for people who try to quanitfy it...more than 10? In how long? If he lives to be 100, that's only one every 10 years! Is that still "promiscuous"? Who sets the rules?

"Promiscuous" smacks of judgement. It's like saying "ugly" - entirely in the eye of the beholder. We should just drop it from the English language altogether, like the word ****. Although I know a couple of those...
Eye of the beholder is the best phrase to use when attaching promiscuous.

For me, it's within' a time frame. Like if a woman I was dating said she had 10 lovers in 10 years, I wouldn't consider that very promiscuous, but if she said 30, I'd think a little differently. But some other guy might think 30 is that much more experienced and be fine with it.

But, I haven't had a lot of lovers, so it's probably easier for me to freak a bit if I was dating a woman who had 3X or more men than I have women, but I don't think it would scare me after the initial reaction.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:23 PM

102,077 posts, read 107,088,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I know some guys who do this. They call them women of questionable virtue.
What do they call the guys who do this?

Old 06-12-2012, 10:26 PM

102,077 posts, read 107,088,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
I also personally know a woman who is promiscuous. She's 43 but she's had some "fun" in her time so she looks like she is 65. Anyway she's always at the local convenience store looking to pick up men. I go there to each lunch and BS with the regulars that hang there most afternoons. I have seen her leave with all sorts of bums before. She even tried hitting on me once and wouldn't take the hint, tried to take my picture on her cell phone...I ran as fast as I could to my car, she skeeves me out. I thought her antics were funny until she targeted me LOL.
This type of behavior, and like what Ulysses described, I wouldn't label "promiscuous". This is pathological. This is sex addiction.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:27 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,150,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post
If all it takes is a few laughs, drinks, and dinner to get in your pants do the math on how many people could be in one girls pants. Steve Ward has a great saying about at least knowing the guys last name, where his family is from, and if he has any brothers or sisters before you go to bed with someone. There is no magic number however the world is smaller than you know and if everytime you have fun and drinks you are in the bed then what is the value you bring to the man you really want to be with. Will he be okay walking in a room with you and suddenly realized his best friends friend slept with you, the doorman at the restaurant, and a few of the waiters. Basically you should not spread yourself around like peanut butter on a sandwich.
In the words of Steve Ward.
www.lctv.com/2012/04/19/does-hooking-up-too-much-diminish-your-value/
hey wait a minute u r now describing a gal i used to date and the going to her favorite restaurant experience. that was scary. when the busboy obviously knows her i mean really knows her, that is scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships