Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 07:19 AM

318 posts, read 625,952 times

Advertisements

Haha, I'm probably the only one here who likes the preppy/yuppie looking type! Guys in button down shirts, loafers, ties and blazers are so damn attractive in my opinion!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 07:46 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
Is it true a man's shoes are one of the first things you notice about him? If he has dirty, bad shoes is that a dealbreaker?

How important are his clothes in general? How much of a turn on are really great clothes or how bad are dirty, ugly clothes to you?
Clothes are very important. They don't have to be expensive brands, just look decent, neat, and clean. I will excuse dirty shoes if he was working at a 'dirty' job or jogging or something. In the mall, no. Basically, it depends on where he is with the dirty shoes at that moment.

I wouldn't want a guy with a bad taste in fashion (socks with sandals, etc). Dirty clothes are a definite no no because it shows me that he doesn't care about cleanliness and germs and may have a dirty home. Seeing pit and food stains on clothes is an instant dealbreaker.

Oddly enough, I never notice a guy's shoes first. I always look at his face and body first. When I start thinking of him as dating material that is when I do a thorough look (and notice his shoes).

Old 06-21-2012, 09:06 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,985,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohsocool View Post
Haha, I'm probably the only one here who likes the preppy/yuppie looking type! Guys in button down shirts, loafers, ties and blazers are so damn attractive in my opinion!
OMG! I love this! You aren't the only one. It's such a turn on! Sperry's, Polo shirts and khaki pants. But then again, I'm also into guys with thick plastic-framed glasses.

Anyway, it wouldn't be a deal breaker. If he's wearing sneakers, I actually like them a little dirty. If he always has the newest Jordan's he may be a little more high maintenance than myself. No bueno.

As long as he takes care of the shoes/clothes he has and irons his clothes and polishes his shoes. We are ALL good!

Old 06-22-2012, 08:43 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,946 times

Are these nice ladies?

Old 06-22-2012, 08:46 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,985,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post

Are these nice ladies?
Those are nice. But it depends on the rest of the outfit, IMO.

I'm not a "shoes make the man" kind of gal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships