Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 01:14 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt. Dan View Post
only on citydata could you find a woman who's afraid to get laid giving love advice to a woman who's afraid to look in the mirror! Gotta love it!
lmfao
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 01:58 PM

810 posts, read 1,807,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Only on CityData could you find a woman who's afraid to get laid giving love advice to a woman who's afraid to look in the mirror! Gotta love it!
LOL! Congratulations, you made me spit coffee all over my keyboard.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:02 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,504,677 times
Quote:
Happiness and a positive attitude come by not comparing yourself to others, or caring what strangers think, but by being the person YOU want to hang out with. Simple, simple, simple. But harder to put into practice. You have to train your brain through thought "reprogramming" and sometimes meditation, but it is possible.

One thing you can do NOW is appreciate your youth and never take it for granted. There will come another time in your life when people will pass you over and you will feel invisible, but it will be for entirely different reasons. So learn not to let it bother you now.
I agree with this here. What are the women in your group doing to attract these men? Are the smiling, being socialable, appearing to have fun? If so then thats what you need to do also. Make sure that you have positive energy and look approachable, then men will come talk to you.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:28 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Only on CityData could you find a woman who's afraid to get laid giving love advice to a woman who's afraid to look in the mirror! Gotta love it!

You don't have to agree with me, as usual and don't know what my not having sex has to do with any of this. But okay. Trust me the 'male winners' on here aren't making me want to get any closer to achieving this.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:39 PM

545 posts, read 908,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn311601 View Post
I hate this saying, it's such bull****. What happens if the one and only out there for someone lives halfway across the world? Not everyone has someone waiting for them.
I never said ONE and only. I don't believe that their is only a ONE and only.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:27 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
You're always the girl in the group that guys rarely notice or approach. it's always the other women around you at work or school who guys socialize with and try to get to know.

How do you keep a positive mind and not always feel down and depressed? There are other women who are like that and I see that they are not phased. They still keep a good attitude. but it does get to me, and makes me depressed and not want to go to work the next day. It affects my work performance, I have a hard time concentrating because I feel that i have no value if I can't attract men as often as other women.
Not again?

Please go into therapy and learn to accept yourself.
What do you bring to the relationship, or potential relationship?
Geez, I don't want any sad sack or desperate person around me.

I'm old as dirt and get approached (in large social activities) by young guys regularly because I'm open and like myself, and it shows!
Granted, it's not a sexual attraction (I'm old enough to be some of their grandparents), but I don't go without men's attention for who I am.
And that's something you cultivate within yourself.

Last edited by chielgirl; 06-16-2012 at 02:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships