Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 08:44 PM

5 posts, read 4,277 times

Advertisements

i met this girl at a subway and we instantly hit it off..we talked carelessly of whatever we could other than who we really were..made up fake names and so on then went and decided to go grab coffee right away..after a cup of coffee we decided to meet up the next day at 10 at night and that exchanging phone numbers was to clichè..well the next day came and we met up, went out for a small dinner and drinks..she stayed the night at my place..so now i do know her name and what she does but not where she works..to not rush it and play this game out a bit i decided to not kiss or have sex..just subtle advances of sex in conversation..the next day came and playing this game out like anyone i begin to kick her out..she asks if i can take her out for coffee so i agree to then that turns into her spending about $300 on me on just random stuff..we decide to call it a day and i assumed we were taking the same subway..so again with these pity games i get to the subway and as we wait i ignore her a bit to build some tension and when i turn around shes gone..

she knows where i will be this saturday but doesnt know a time i will be there because we said we would meet but never settled on a time..now im thibking due to these childish yet suspenseful and fun games weve been toying one another with ive lost her..any suggestions on what to do to find her? currently sitting at the subway station we met at around the same time we met hoping shes on a schedule..shes driving me crazy, never had a girl do me this way ahh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 08:48 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
FYI, playing games is stupid.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:56 PM

5 posts, read 4,277 times
yes i realize that now..we were both doing it with the numbers and the kissing and oter small things

Old 06-12-2012, 08:57 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing.jeff View Post
yes i realize that now..we were both doing it with the numbers and the kissing and oter small things
If you get another chance, don't play the game and be real. Best advice i can honestly give you.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:03 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Enjoy the memory and move on. Some things are just for the moment, to fondly remember...

Old 06-12-2012, 09:12 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Take it from someone who is dealing with the one who got away now.. Let her.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:20 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Maybe I am out of touch. But do girls really agree to spend the night at a stranger's place on the first date and then not even kiss him? Is that what the kids are up to these days?

Odd.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:26 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,265,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing.jeff View Post
i met this girl at a subway and we instantly hit it off..we talked carelessly of whatever we could other than who we really were..made up fake names and so on then went and decided to go grab coffee right away..after a cup of coffee we decided to meet up the next day at 10 at night and that exchanging phone numbers was to clichè..well the next day came and we met up, went out for a small dinner and drinks..she stayed the night at my place..so now i do know her name and what she does but not where she works..to not rush it and play this game out a bit i decided to not kiss or have sex..just subtle advances of sex in conversation..the next day came and playing this game out like anyone i begin to kick her out..she asks if i can take her out for coffee so i agree to then that turns into her spending about $300 on me on just random stuff..we decide to call it a day and i assumed we were taking the same subway..so again with these pity games i get to the subway and as we wait i ignore her a bit to build some tension and when i turn around shes gone..
she knows where i will be this saturday but doesnt know a time i will be there because we said we would meet but never settled on a time..now im thibking due to these childish yet suspenseful and fun games weve been toying one another with ive lost her..any suggestions on what to do to find her? currently sitting at the subway station we met at around the same time we met hoping shes on a schedule..shes driving me crazy, never had a girl do me this way ahh
You played the game and now you are paying the price $300.00 and no girl; think you got had?? Call it a day and find yourself someone who won't be so quick to spend the first night with you, spend your money, lie to you about who she is at first then POOF she is gone. Sounds like a scene from When Harry Met Sally or something. Too much drama.
Find yourself a new girl and forget that you were foolish enough to toss $300.00 away on a stranger. She has evidently had some fun with you and is not interested. Move on.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:56 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
You played the game and now you are paying the price $300.00 and no girl; think you got had?? Call it a day and find yourself someone who won't be so quick to spend the first night with you, spend your money, lie to you about who she is at first then POOF she is gone. Sounds like a scene from When Harry Met Sally or something. Too much drama.
Find yourself a new girl and forget that you were foolish enough to toss $300.00 away on a stranger. She has evidently had some fun with you and is not interested. Move on.
You might want to read his post again.

Anyhow, OP, it sounds sweet and fun. Maybe you'll run into her again. If not, you have fond memories from it.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:19 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,011,688 times
It's a very, very ODD sounding "game"... BUT --

I guess stranger things have happened than beginning a relationship (even a potentially brief one) on games. However, you need to remember that games can be taken too far.

IF you see her again, I'd either forego the game aspect entirely OR, if she plays at it, soften it up quite a bit. And I would finish your time together, whether she stays the night OR departs at the end of the evening, by saying "[Fake name] would like to see you again, [her fake name] -- and so would I, [her real name]."

Maybe it's grand and magical, maybe it boils down to nonsense. Romance takes many forms.

No woman likes a pushover; but if you like her, don't play it SO cool that you're actually cold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships