Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2007, 04:52 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I don't think he liked the idea of the cucumber. It boils down to this:

1. Pull out!
2. Condom!
3. Get cut!

Talk with the wife and see what she thinks of these options. Flip a coin and pick one or something.
Yeah, that idea went over like a lead balloon....

Seriously I'm not sure what "other option" you're looking for berries... Rance pretty much has your options listed as far as birth control from YOUR end short of massive exposure to X-Rays (which may have other side effects ).....

You want to get serious and have serious answers to your question???

Yeah, get it done already....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 06:15 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,901,741 times
Is it just me, or do men think the world revolves around their "package" ??

Women go through the h*ll of pregnancy, some go through breastfeeding, trying to lose the weight afterwards, doing most of the child rearing while cooking, cleaning and some working outside of the home. Oh, and let us not forget the excruciating pain of the LABOR!!

If you ask me Berries, you're being kind of a whiner about this.

If you truly have respect for your wife for all your wife has gone through to give you your sons, you will go to her and say, you're GLAD to do it for her after all she's given you....

Old 09-28-2007, 06:53 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
Is it just me, or do men think the world revolves around their "package" ??
It's a really tough thing to get over.... I can't describe the hellacious pain of getting kicked in the "package" and it only needs to happen ONCE for a man to NEVER want anything dangerous near there again.

Hard to explain really.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:23 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berries View Post
for advice onhow to do alternative birth control and it has deteriorated into this.

For all you women who post the just be a man stuff let me tell you this. Sure you go through the child birth and my wife has done 5 and never complained and used no drugs.....all natural............. then it is my turn. she is a stay at home mom which I would never change it is the way it should be.
Hey Berries, I never said be a man and get it done. I don't think you should if you don't want to!!

Old 09-28-2007, 07:28 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,160,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
It's a really tough thing to get over.... I can't describe the hellacious pain of getting kicked in the "package" and it only needs to happen ONCE for a man to NEVER want anything dangerous near there again.

Hard to explain really.
I bet that it isn't as painful as getting kicked in the berries!

There is always an element of fear of the unknown.
Beeries:
I don't think we were saying you were any less of a man AND I can almost guarantee you every man that has had this procedure has had the same worries.

I think most of us were trying to be light hearted (in our sick little ways) to try to make this easier for you.
I won't go into the whole who works harder wife/husband thing.
I beleive for a good marriage it is pretty much 50/50 (or the way I put it in our house ) 100%/100%. After all you must give 100% to make a sucessful marriage.

Lets see ( now I'm on my first cup of java so if it don't make sense I apologize)
Men- 48 hrs recovery
Woman- 2-6 weeks recovery
Depending on "how" the woman is fixed, might cause the need for hormones.
Again, hormone replacement is something us woman are probably going to face during mentapause. But , from what I hear, it ain't no picnic. Why bring it on any sooner than need be.
"IF" your wife goes, and had to stay off her feet for a week or so, who will tend to the her and the children, while you work. Or will you be taking the time off if need be ?

I don't think any of us meant to discount the strength/duty/or responsibility a man has to his family.

I apologize if we had a little fun at your expense. (But sometimes, thats what we do here at CD) We are just a bunch of fun loving people here.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:07 AM

119 posts, read 456,948 times
I agree with mjb68....don't do it if you don't want to. Of course, there is a good chance your wife isn't going to be as willing if she feels she may get pregnant after already having 5 kids. Hmmmmm.....not having sex or getting a quick procedure done to stop it???? What to do, what to do...

Old 09-28-2007, 09:45 AM

455 posts, read 1,499,450 times
It'd be nice if the scientists would just hurry up and finish the Male Pill (same idea as the female version, with fewer side effects).

Funny though, how it costs in the neighborhood of $200 to get the vasectomy done, but around $20,000 to get it reversed.

Now kindof a gross question, but after getting the vasectomy, when the guy finishes, does... baby batter without the swimmers still come out, or is it just dry?

Old 09-28-2007, 11:04 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingMunkeyCU View Post
Now kindof a gross question, but after getting the vasectomy, when the guy finishes, does... baby batter without the swimmers still come out, or is it just dry?
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

I have another question regarding the batter, but I'll leave that to someone else to ask, not ready to get banned.....YET!

Old 09-28-2007, 11:10 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
Baby batter? Ahahahahahahahaah! I've never heard that one before!

Old 09-28-2007, 11:42 AM

3,360 posts, read 12,269,233 times
Any way you cut it, the risk is far less for the man whatever option is chosen. Don't be selfish.

When women go into childbirth there's always the thought in the back of their mind that they could die. Men don't have to worry about this in reproduction. Go for the vasectomy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships