Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 04:32 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacita82 View Post
In light of all the critical media attention Jessica Simpson has been getting post pregnancy for not getting right back into shape fast enough, what do you guys think of post pregnancy bods. And yes I understand that some women look like their normal selves after baby. I'm talking about the majority of women who have stretch marks, bulging belly, etc. Can you still find your lady attractive even with all that?
I don't really care that much, to be honest. Most women I've met didn't really gain much weight or get stretch marks, and the weight can be changed and stretch marks can be alleviated some with some products. I could still find a woman attractive. Believe it or not, I think I'd probably be MORE attracted considering she just bore my offspring.

Anyways, I'd be doing everything I could to help take care of her during and after pregnancy... I'm willing to exercise with her, go on food runs, am not embarassed if I need to go pick up lotion or whatever, cook/clean, watch Jordan Jr. so she can go have some "her time" or something, etc.

I'm not planning on this happening for a few years, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 05:11 PM

90 posts, read 213,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
Jessica Simpson makes her living looking good, so she certainly deserves any criticism she gets. If you're a public entertainer, you can't really complain if people are bitching about you being fat.

Anyway, of course all the other stuff is "normal" after pregnancy, but a lot of women I've met use it as an excuse to get lazy and not take care of themselves anymore. There's a difference between inevitable changes to the body and being overweight because you're making excuses.

How is she deserving of criticism?? She just had a baby like a month or 2 ago. And since when does an entertainer have to be pencil thin? When I say stretch marks or the bulge, some of these things can't be fixed with exercise if you already didn't know.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:14 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,078,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacita82 View Post
In light of all the critical media attention Jessica Simpson has been getting post pregnancy for not getting right back into shape fast enough, what do you guys think of post pregnancy bods. And yes I understand that some women look like their normal selves after baby. I'm talking about the majority of women who have stretch marks, bulging belly, etc. Can you still find your lady attractive even with all that?
This is reason #452 that I prefer child-free women...

Old 06-15-2012, 05:19 PM

90 posts, read 213,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
I want to see a pic of you. Cause you must be off the chain! Seriously.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:57 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,934 times
Hmmm. Some of you women are very lucky. I had a baby nine months ago. I gained 32 pounds during the pregnancy. (I was already 10 pounds overweight prior to getting pregnant) and I lost 15 after I had the baby(in the first two weeks) then gained 10 pounds--I wasn't even eating much. But I was breastfeeding. The first 4 months post baby, I just focused on keeping my milk supply okay, and I worked out, but I did not lose weight, just maintained. Then when the baby turned 4 months I went on weight watchers(for nursing moms) and worked out, and after 4 months of weight watchers AND breastfeeding AND working out I only lost 17 pounds. This last month I did south beach(since my baby is now eating solids and nursing) and I lost 7 pounds. I still have 15 pounds to lose to get to an ideal weight(a size 4). It's been very hard trying to lose this baby weight. I don't know--breast feeding did not help me drop the weight like I was told it would. My mom breastfed four babies, and gained 40-60 pounds with each one, and lost it all within 4 months EACH time. So I really had thought the same thing would happen to me.
It's been very difficult physically and emotionally. I suspect that I will not have lost all the weight I want to until the baby turns 1. I feel like I'm having a hard time so far because I'm breast feeding, because it seems like within the last month of giving my baby more solids, the weight has been coming off much faster, then it was when I was dieting, working out, and breastfeeding exclusively. I've read that some women don't lose the last few pounds they need to lose until they wean. I'm weaning my baby in a month, so that by the time he is one I am completely done breast feeding and then I'll be able to lose the rest of the weight off and feel better about myself!!!! I'd like to get to a size 4. Right now I wear a size 6 and sometimes a size 8. But it's been a very hard journey and very frustrating. For you women who lose weight quickly after breastfeeding-you're really lucky.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:03 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Just an FYI...I have a friend that never had kids and she has stretch marks all over her hips and boobs from adolescence when she hit puberty. You don't have to have babies to get them or a pooch belly.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:07 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Just an FYI...I have a friend that never had kids and she has stretch marks all over her hips and boobs from adolescence when she hit puberty. You don't have to have babies to get them or a pooch belly.

Yep... I remember a couple of ladies that were quite young... 19 or 20 and they had all kinds of stretch marks... giggly things around the legs, dimples.....

They haven't yet had a litter......

Old 06-15-2012, 09:08 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
I'm weaning my baby in a month, so that by the time he is one I am completely done breast feeding and then I'll be able to lose the rest of the weight off and feel better about myself!!!! I'd like to get to a size 4. Right now I wear a size 6 and sometimes a size 8. But it's been a very hard journey and very frustrating. For you women who lose weight quickly after breastfeeding-you're really lucky.
Personal question, but did you get your cycle back?

I got my cycle back right away with all my kids...as in 4-6 weeks after delivery. I was nursing so I was really surprised about that. However, I also lost all the weight in that time period too. I attributed it to nursing.

My sister-in-law nursed as well. She only lost about 10lbs of her pregnancy weight right away, then held onto the rest of it until the baby stopped nursing at 18 months old. She also NEVER had a cycle until well after that...I think the baby was 2 when she resumed a regular cycle.

Makes me wonder if the weight loss (or lack of) is attributed to the hormones after the baby is born?

Old 06-15-2012, 09:11 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times

Once it happens to you, you mainly worry about....

Old 06-15-2012, 09:18 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Once it happens to you, you mainly worry about....
Beautiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships