Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2012, 12:08 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Very noble of you.
I'm a 38y/o man, I can do what I wish. Same as you. In ordr for me to "sleep" with them, they have to agree.

It's very noble of US.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 12:21 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I'm 38 and I don't want a LTR with any gal with children. If she has children of any age, I"ll "sleep" with her and that's about it.

Not even if she has one kid who is 17 and about to go to college and she is 37?

Old 06-19-2012, 12:23 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,783,345 times
Quote:
I'm a 38y/o man, I can do what I wish. Same as you. In ordr for me to "sleep" with them, they have to agree.

It's very noble of US.

If we aren't using sarcasm, I would call it something different. But you are right, you are a grown man who can make your own life choices. Just surprises me that you are scraping the bottom of the barrel just to get laid for the night, knowing full well that you have no interest in the person, only your own gratification. One night stands are typically shared between two individuals who lack self respect and dignity. But it's your life.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:29 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,936,635 times
A lot of women on there can afford to be demanding. There's way more men than women on there and especially if a girl is pretty, she'll get at least 10 messages a day no matter what asinine garbage she puts on her profile. She could say she gave birth to a baby then proceeded to eat it and get 10 messages a day hitting on her.

Smart guys just accept that women are irrational, any guy who doesn't is as stupid as thinking you can go out in a hurricane and reason with it to not blow your house down. You just learn to work around it. A lot of the demands are pretty reasonable (have a job, don't do drugs/smoke, share a religion etc) but a lot of the demands are pretty irrational like getting upset when a person uses incorrect grammar like your/you're or guys having a mirror shirtless photo. Only some women are that far out mentally but those are the ones to avoid.

I think it's good when women are picky in their profiles, it saves me the time about finding out about those things later on. A lot of girls are lazy on them and are just like "if there's anything you want to know, ask me" and get messages because they're pretty and it just wastes time. And I do understand it sucks as much for women as for men, most guys really are boring dingbats, probably 85%. The cool 15% may be too old, too young, ugly or married so that really limits the pool. Most women are really boring too but guys are horndogs and dont care

Old 06-19-2012, 03:27 AM

566 posts, read 958,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
A lot of women on there can afford to be demanding. There's way more men than women on there and especially if a girl is pretty, she'll get at least 10 messages a day no matter what asinine garbage she puts on her profile. She could say she gave birth to a baby then proceeded to eat it and get 10 messages a day hitting on her.

Smart guys just accept that women are irrational, any guy who doesn't is as stupid as thinking you can go out in a hurricane and reason with it to not blow your house down. You just learn to work around it. A lot of the demands are pretty reasonable (have a job, don't do drugs/smoke, share a religion etc) but a lot of the demands are pretty irrational like getting upset when a person uses incorrect grammar like your/you're or guys having a mirror shirtless photo. Only some women are that far out mentally but those are the ones to avoid.

I think it's good when women are picky in their profiles, it saves me the time about finding out about those things later on. A lot of girls are lazy on them and are just like "if there's anything you want to know, ask me" and get messages because they're pretty and it just wastes time. And I do understand it sucks as much for women as for men, most guys really are boring dingbats, probably 85%. The cool 15% may be too old, too young, ugly or married so that really limits the pool. Most women are really boring too but guys are horndogs and dont care
Perhaps, but almost all of those guys will only want her for sex if she's that demanding and seems like a real pain. That's probably not what she's really looking for, so in a way, she can't afford to be demanding.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:43 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
My oldest daughter works non-stop for an NGO. She really does not have much of a personal life. When she does have a date...I give her a little advice- the same advice I would give a guy. Enjoy their company. Don't expect anything...have no expectations that "this might be the one" - no pressure- just enjoy their company and the rest may take care of itself- People are just to desperate. If you are a guy get the sex out of your mind if you can,, No person of any quality wants to be looked upon as a quick bit of pleasure..I suggest the same to females..................RELAX - a stranger you don't even know yet owes you nothing.
Good advice

Old 06-19-2012, 05:05 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,151,143 times
I've never even looked at an online dating site but i see quite a few threads on them on here.. When i'm home next weekend i may well sit down for the evening with the missus and have a look at a few.

It seems i'm missing out on some scarey/funny/disturbing/enlightening stuff...

Old 06-19-2012, 08:48 AM

896 posts, read 1,476,007 times
Quote:
I'm 38 and I don't want a LTR with any gal with children. If she has children of any age, I"ll "sleep" with her and that's about it.
And there you have it ladies. The mindset of the vast majority of single men with no children personified....if you are a hot single mom, he will give you a relationship about an hour long. oops, half hour.

Raise your standards.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:59 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
I don't know. My profile got me what I wanted in less than 30 days! I was very descriptive in what I was looking for and got a ton of "hits". It was work to weed through them all but all you need is one. . I only met one person in the flesh because I was extremely picky in who I wanted to spend attention on. That person just happened to be the one. Having high standards meant they would be compatible with me on numerous levels. Better chance for success.
Yea, I believe you. American women have it good for internet dating, I have seen experiments where guys posed as women and they got 200+ messages. Where as if a guy posted a profile, even if he's good looking, he won't get any responses.

There was this one blog where a girl posed as a man online just to see how hard it was to date women and here is what she said:

Main points by the FEMALE author:

-Men constantly have to be on.
The hardest part is constantly having to be interesting lest you F*** it up.

- Women are fickle.
This trait in particular made me really sympathetic to the hoops men have to jump through when acquiring a girl’s attention, even though most women have nothing to offer.

- Women are boring and have very high estimations of themselves
While I think it’s important for men to develop charisma and personality, the fact that my profile (which indicates I’m a professional masturbator, who does drugs, seeks casual sex and lives with his parents) gets more attention than a relationship-seeking, professional who is being nice to girls, makes you wonder what f*** up mechanism is responsible for this.

What I've Learned Pretending to Be a Man - Actuarial Outpost

Old 06-19-2012, 12:21 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,029,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I've done this "drill" a time or two, when it was offered at a discounted price. I explained that "since I don't want my own children, I am only interested in replies from childless women." Based on the incoming replies, it looks like some flunked basic reading.
I'd be interested in knowing how they replied to your CF status. I've heard from CF women that men they reject because they have kids, or want kids, can get downright mean, nasty and dangerous. They take it as a personal affront that a woman would not be interested in their seed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships