Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 04:45 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times

Advertisements

Some of you know my story so I won't go into it here again. For those of you who do know it How I do I let this person go when every fiber of my being screams not too? I'm lost here I really am for those of you who have told me to move on months ago, I wish I would of listened I didn't & now I am paying for it.

Help please.....

Last edited by reed067; 06-17-2012 at 05:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 04:51 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Aww Reed I am sorry. To let go...hmm stop all contact. Get your life back in order. Do what is best for you not the other. Stay with loved ones. Go to Cancun and have fun. My sister did to relax her stress. She feels 10X better. Good luck.

Old 06-17-2012, 04:57 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Some of you know my story so I won't go into it here again. For those of you who do know it I do I let this person go when every fiber of my being screams not too? I'm lost here I really am for those of you who have told me to move on months ago, I wish I would of listened I didn't & now I am paying for it.

Help please.....
Dude, WTF? Are you guys on here like a bunch of little girls? How about grow some balls and stop being a pansy, no woman in this world is worth all this drama. Even if I was dating Angelina Jolie, I would not be posting this kind of crap on here making you sound like a little girl. I bet these women you guys cry over aint even all that great. Be a man and stop crying like a little baby, most hot, intelligent, decent women are definitely not attracted to weak, girly men!

Old 06-17-2012, 04:59 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Maybe I'm just really callous, but I Don't let exes get to me as long as you've let this woman get to you. The exception here is last year my ex contacted me to let me know why she broke up, but had a guy(father of her child) and wanted to try to have some rendevouz with me. So it felt like I was gettin' stabbed again because she didn't tell me the full story(her BF told me).

But it always hurts first. Eventually the pain goes away. I do a ton reflecting and thinking(ENFJs tend to do this a lot), and it just goes away in a few days, a week tops, though I've never ran out the following friday to meet a bunch of women.

But you gotta let that fish go. You'll always have memories and every now and then you might have a flashback, but you have to keep pressing forward and eventually you meet that woman that makes you stop thinking about her and others.

That's how I hope it ends for me at least.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:13 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,260 times
I agree with Prince_Frog and Raena. If someone's not good for you, take that person out of your life. If there are kids involved, it's tougher, but if you have no reason to communicate with an ex and it hurts to do so, don't do it.

I don't have a problem with people being good friends with exes, but I wouldn't do it. It's usually more trouble than it's worth. With my past two exes I've had to tell them I don't want to talk to them anymore because it was keeping me from moving on. You could tell this lady once that you're done talking to her and if she keeps contacting you, I see no problem in ignoring her calls, texts, emails, etc.

In the meantime, just focus on yourself. Get out, exercise, be with friends, read some books, or whatever else interests you. The less time you spend thinking about this woman, the better.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:14 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Man... sorry to hear that.

I wish I had some good words to tell you.

Time.

Time usually helps.

That's probably about all you can hope for.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Dude, WTF? Are you guys on here like a bunch of little girls? How about grow some balls and stop being a pansy, no woman in this world is worth all this drama. Even if I was dating Angelina Jolie, I would not be posting this kind of crap on here making you sound like a little girl. I bet these women you guys cry over aint even all that great. Be a man and stop crying like a little baby, most hot, intelligent, decent women are definitely not attracted to weak, girly men!

Don't like it then don't respond no one is asking you. You would be surprised what some people are worth.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:46 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Reed you need to be happy. If you aren't then let it go.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:48 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Don't like it then don't respond no one is asking you. You would be surprised what some people are worth.
Dude, hear me out. I don't mean to offend but you need to work on yourself. I see some of these dudes on here bending backwards and being total doormats for some woman and I can't even understand it. There are about 3 billion women in this world, and being so dependent on a woman, in my opinion is a sign of weakness and not being whole as a person.

I am 35 years old and one thing I won't ever do is kiss some woman's ass, I don't care if she is Angelina Jolie or Pamela Anderson. Trust me, the way you express yourself, I can tell a lot of women out there will use you like a little puppy, then discard you like a piece of garbage.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Dude, hear me out. I don't mean to offend but you need to work on yourself. I see some of these dudes on here bending backwards and being total doormats for some woman and I can't even understand it. There are about 3 billion women in this world, and being so dependent on a woman, in my opinion is a sign of weakness and not being whole as a person.

I am 35 years old and one thing I won't ever do is kiss some woman's ass, I don't care if she is Angelina Jolie or Pamela Anderson. Trust me, the way you express yourself, I can tell a lot of women out there will use you like a little puppy, then discard you like a piece of garbage.

I'm 44 so I more then understand where your coming from & yes there are women just as thier are men who like to use people. I've been used myself more then once but this is a special case for me & it's hard to let go more so then usual. Most of the time I'm able to just pick up & go this is different & I don't know why.

BTW Pamala is BUTT ugly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships