Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 06:28 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,693,361 times

Advertisements

well, I could try that. That's a good idea. But I find it hard to really gage something when it's just coffee and the conversation is casual, I mean, that's how it would normally be with a date date, right? but maybe they could tell me something I may be missing in myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock1729 View Post
Hence my suggestion to get set up with a FOAF purely for diagnostic purposes, not for an actual romantic relationship. Don't any of your friends have a brother or a friend that's willing to have a cup of coffee with you? I mean, COME ON, it's a cup of coffee, not a marriage proposal!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 06:29 PM

227 posts, read 465,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post

I think moving soley to find a relationship is a really terrible idea. Especially if you're happy here otherwise. I have two girlfriends who recently met really nice guys who want relationships using online dating. They're out there! Having a group of girlfriends to hang out with and staying busy really help me focus less on feeling upset about being single. Don't give up, the right guy is out there for you. If you ever want to meet up for drinks let me know! Us single girls have to stick together!

But, there are just no woman my type or so few of them in my state alone. BUt I also wanna move on for life and experience reasons, the woman thing is a big bonus along with it, for me anyway. I'm just having the worst time with when and how is my issue

Old 06-21-2012, 06:30 PM

well, a guy who is single and wanting a relationship with the right woman. for starters! A man open to dating that may lead to something more provided we're compatible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Well, do you know what you are looking for? That is step 1.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock1729 View Post
Well, if we're going to talk in stereotypes here, men may like how supermodels look, but most don't care for how supermodels act--spoiled, arrogant, unappreciative and insecure.

Unless the guy is a player A type douche and or a Jersey Guido type, then the personalities just match perfectly.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
well, I could try that. That's a good idea. But I find it hard to really gage something when it's just coffee and the conversation is casual, I mean, that's how it would normally be with a date date, right? but maybe they could tell me something I may be missing in myself.
That's how MEANINGFUL relationships are started. You get to know the person in the general sense and see if you can pick up and feel any "chemistry" and "attraction" on a personal as well as physical level. If however, your not, then the first time easy date is an easy, comfortable way to find out the initial interest and attraction of the opposite party and an idea of there lifestyle and way of thinking. If its a no go in your book at that point, say "Thanks for meeting up, it was a pleasure to meet you, however I feel its best if see other people" and just end it pure and simple, no strings attached, no major amount of time or money lost.

Rinse, repeat as necassary.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:45 PM

where exactly is this senior home? ha ha just kidding! I am getting tired of the jerks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Interestingly, my mother has been finding herself propositioned by married men quite frequently in her active senior housing complex. She's horrified, and it has her very upset. I think the fact that there are fewer men than women makes the men in that situation feel like they can get away with whatever they want (because of their high value), so the ones who are jerks feel a bit more free to be bigger jerks.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:47 PM

yes, but I can only drink so much coffee!!! I do all this stuff you mention, casual conversation, see if there's a connection, etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ceTr0n View Post
That's how MEANINGFUL relationships are started. You get to know the person in the general sense and see if you can pick up and feel any "chemistry" and "attraction" on a personal as well as physical level. If however, your not, then the first time easy date is an easy, comfortable way to find out the initial interest and attraction of the opposite party and an idea of there lifestyle and way of thinking. If its a no go in your book at that point, say "Thanks for meeting up, it was a pleasure to meet you, however I feel its best if see other people" and just end it pure and simple, no strings attached, no major amount of time or money lost.

Rinse, repeat as necassary.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:56 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
You should shoot to live somewhere with 500K+ population if you're single.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:57 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
well, a guy who is single and wanting a relationship with the right woman. for starters! A man open to dating that may lead to something more provided we're compatible.
This isn't asking for much. Sad that something so basic is so hard to find.

Someone posted that they found a guy through Match.com and had an affair that lasted about 2 months, and after that, he disappeared. I've heard a lot of stories like that about Match. The guys go on there just to play women. They get what they want, then move on to the next woman. Either that, or you get businessmen who don't have time for a relationship. They want to find something quickly and easily, but they're not around enough to maintain a relationship.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:08 PM

not sure I know what you mean, but I feel things backfire on me, if I seem like I need a man, ok that's desparate, if I seem independent, then I seem cold and not worth knowing. I can't win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
Lesson number 1. There is no such thing as a desparate beautiful woman. Write it down. Tatoo it on your forehead.

Litterally every mans dream, whether you realize it or not, is a beautiful woman who needs him, and needs him badly.

Forget about what vibe you are sending. If you look like Megan Fox you can send the "brain dead vibe", the "need marriage now" vibe, or the "i will follow you around like a puppy dog" vibe.

Men will come crawling. And want to reward you for your great taste in needing them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships