Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 12:25 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,386,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I'm convinced that the men where I live are just not looking for long term relationships.
I find it very, very hard to believe that all Denver-area men aren't into long-term relationships. Perhaps they just aren't interested in a long-term relationship with you. I might gently suggest that anyone so eager to have a long-term relationship and is willing to MOVE to get one, might reek of desperation. I'm not saying this is true in your case, but it seems perfectly reasonable to suggest it. Few things are as big of a turn-off than a desperate man or woman. I've honestly never heard of anyone wanting to relocate in order to get someone who wants a long-term relationship.

You're living in a huge metropolitan area with a large pool of available men. Where are you wanting to move to get a better mix of guys? NY? LA? SF? Imagine living in a place like rural Kansas-- the pool of men there must be miniscule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 12:25 PM

936 posts, read 2,060,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
very true. I don't there are any decent ones out there anymore.
That's not true. It feels true, but it's not true.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:26 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:

haven't you heard they're all over the internet, though!

even in my limited experiences I came across mostly but that wanted a fool around situation and like I said if you're not interested in that, they just move on to the ones that are.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:27 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,690,509 times
Well, I think I'm ok to look at. I have a picture on here. I've gotten asked out before so I must not be a total ogre!
I wonder if a guy friend would be totally objective? they would already know my personality and since there's no relationship interest in my guy friend, would he necessarily pick up on anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
If you have any male friends, they would be a great person to ask, they could possibly give you a hint or two. it could be soemthing like body language or topics of conversation or something very small and easily fixable. These things are sometimes almost impossible to spot on your own but a bystander could easily pick up on it. Ive asked women who rejected me before, and more often than not they were willing to talk about it no problem. Are you attractive?

Old 06-21-2012, 12:29 PM

yeah, they can move on. I'm not interested. I don't think it's hard to find sex, or fool arounds or whatever, that's the easy part.
The hard part is finding a decent, loving guy who wants a normal, real woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
haven't you heard they're all over the internet, though!

even in my limited experiences I came across mostly but that wanted a fool around situation and like I said if you're not interested in that, they just move on to the ones that are.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:30 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
what if she's not? then what? I guess she's sh*t out of luck then.
Not really, but perhaps she needs to tweak her standards accordingly. If you look like something that fell out of yodas pocket, chances are prince charming aint coming any time soon.

BTW...ive cancelled a blind date before, because a chick I was being set up with, told me through a mutual friend that she was serious about it. Not all men want only sex, but wanting to be serious with a guy before you even meet him, is a definite red flag. Why not just keep things light and casual until you can tell if the two of you are even compatible? Its not like you have to jump into dudes bed on your first date.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:31 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Do you by any chance look young for your age? We've had members here who looked extremely young for their age, so guys their age passed them by, thinking they were high school students. I've also read about women who make an effort to be attractive, only to discover later on that the guys she was interested in felt she was "out of their league". Sometimes there's no accounting for these things.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:32 PM

I don't know if it's desparation, per se. Just an idea that maybe geographically there are cities better suited to relationship-ness. I could be wrong. It was just a thought.
Also, if it's that hard to believe a city this size doesn't have men interested in relationships, then isn't it hard to belive that they all don't want relationships with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I find it very, very hard to believe that all Denver-area men aren't into long-term relationships. Perhaps they just aren't interested in a long-term relationship with you. I might gently suggest that anyone so eager to have a long-term relationship and is willing to MOVE to get one, might reek of desperation. I'm not saying this is true in your case, but it seems perfectly reasonable to suggest it. Few things are as big of a turn-off than a desperate man or woman. I've honestly never heard of anyone wanting to relocate in order to get someone who wants a long-term relationship.

You're living in a huge metropolitan area with a large pool of available men. Where are you wanting to move to get a better mix of guys? NY? LA? SF? Imagine living in a place like rural Kansas-- the pool of men there must be miniscule.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:32 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
Find an impartial 3rd party. Get a life coach or something. They'll essentially be a stranger and pick up on more than a friend you're used to. Be prepared for brutal honesty.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:33 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Sure there are. You just have to do a lot of sifting to find them. And once you find some, they have to have something in common with you in order for things to click. They make it look easy on TV and in the movies, but real life isn't like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships