Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 08:06 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,546,933 times

Advertisements

Crazy = too much drama, and/or emotional issues, and/or mental health problems

I've always stayed away from people like that. When I was dating, as soon as I'd see signs of emotional or mental instability, the relationship would be over. No, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 08:23 PM

545 posts, read 908,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Only in New York. New York women are crazy.
I resemble that comment ty.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:15 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Please keep us posted about this, Stepka. You can see, several of us are concerned.
Thanks Ruth I will. I hope there will be nothing to report. And Jrz, I think you're right--I should probably not talk to this man at all because the least little sign of politeness or friendliness just renews his hope even though I've spent 1-1/2 years now sending off "not interested" signals and I think I've been pretty obvious. He's asked me out several times and I've said no each time--a normal man would have left me alone after once or twice at least. Also, the last time he managed to back me into a corner I pushed past him to get out and then I made sure that I wasn't in a position to be backed up again after that and he still doesn't get it. The bright point is that even though I've not talked about it much, everyone is fairly aware that he wants to go out with me and that I am not interested so I believe they're watching out for me.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:17 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Only in New York. New York women are crazy.
Overcrowding can do that to people.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:17 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,592 times
People always wonder "why are you with him/her, theyre crazy" but I've dated far more crazy than sane girls. I get so tired of bland people and like typical girlie girls who watch reality shows and constantly shop bore me to death. I'm a weird guy too so any time I see a girl is different I start to like her more. But usually weird people who are different are that way because they have mental issues like being bipolar and it always ends up a mess. Sex is way better with crazier girls tho, its insane for a better lack of a word.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:21 AM

830 posts, read 1,666,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Thanks Ruth I will. I hope there will be nothing to report. And Jrz, I think you're right--I should probably not talk to this man at all because the least little sign of politeness or friendliness just renews his hope even though I've spent 1-1/2 years now sending off "not interested" signals and I think I've been pretty obvious. He's asked me out several times and I've said no each time--a normal man would have left me alone after once or twice at least. Also, the last time he managed to back me into a corner I pushed past him to get out and then I made sure that I wasn't in a position to be backed up again after that and he still doesn't get it. The bright point is that even though I've not talked about it much, everyone is fairly aware that he wants to go out with me and that I am not interested so I believe they're watching out for me.
I'm happy to hear that the others seem to catch on and are watching out for you! It gives me a bit of hope. I'm facing a similar situation and once in a while I get preocupied over whether everyone else is believing his version of events or mine. He has a history of doing this to other women and also is known for treating women badly in general so I guess I shouldn't worry that they'll trust him over me. I know it is extremely frustrating that he does stuff to you that isn't illegal but sometimes feels so awful that it SHOULD be illegal. For example, the stare-downs--the guy in my situation has a habit of staring directly at my eyes/face while I'm speaking to ANY man for ANY reason and will not stop staring until I look at back at him. Of course there is no law against staring at someone! I also understand the feeling of not wanting to "surrender" to the guy by leaving your dance group or changing your routine, etc. because of his behavior.

BTW it's true you shouldn't talk to him, even if it's something negative. A guy like that is going to think any attention from you is good attention.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:47 AM

349 posts, read 459,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
You need to be assertive and direct and not engage in convos with this guy. No more small talk because he probably thinks that he still has a chance with you and that eventually you will come around. Let him know that you are not interested in dating him, not now or in any time in the future and you do not want to talk him about this anymore. Don't be rude just be direct in your words and tone of voice. If he tries to back you in a corner, pushing past him is good, but you can also put your hand out and stop him in his tracks and say " excuse me you are getting to close for comfort".

I am glad that you have others looking out for you. Be assertive, watch your back, bring something with you to protect yourself with just in case, and always try to be around other people.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:48 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
I dated 2 crazies... never again.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
People always wonder "why are you with him/her, theyre crazy" but I've dated far more crazy than sane girls. I get so tired of bland people and like typical girlie girls who watch reality shows and constantly shop bore me to death. I'm a weird guy too so any time I see a girl is different I start to like her more. But usually weird people who are different are that way because they have mental issues like being bipolar and it always ends up a mess. Sex is way better with crazier girls tho, its insane for a better lack of a word.
It's sad when your only choices are crazy people or typical girlie girls who watch reality shows and shop. LOL. But there are sane girls who are slightly eccentric--I should know b/c I'm one of them but I'm guessing I'm too old for you. But then I've always been this way so keep up your radar and look for a girl who is crazy in the same way you are.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayah(812) View Post
I'm happy to hear that the others seem to catch on and are watching out for you! It gives me a bit of hope. I'm facing a similar situation and once in a while I get preocupied over whether everyone else is believing his version of events or mine. He has a history of doing this to other women and also is known for treating women badly in general so I guess I shouldn't worry that they'll trust him over me. I know it is extremely frustrating that he does stuff to you that isn't illegal but sometimes feels so awful that it SHOULD be illegal. For example, the stare-downs--the guy in my situation has a habit of staring directly at my eyes/face while I'm speaking to ANY man for ANY reason and will not stop staring until I look at back at him. Of course there is no law against staring at someone! I also understand the feeling of not wanting to "surrender" to the guy by leaving your dance group or changing your routine, etc. because of his behavior.

BTW it's true you shouldn't talk to him, even if it's something negative. A guy like that is going to think any attention from you is good attention.
It sounds like you have the same thing--how are you handling it? I think the only reason I talk to this guy is b/c I'm afraid that if I'm too blunt that it will put him over the edge. A couple of weeks ago he came to a dance and sat there with a very angry expression on his face and wouldn't talk to anyone and then got up and stomped out and avoided me for the week after that which made me think he finally got the message. I truly wondered if he was in the mood to pull out a gun and start shooting people and it occurred to me that there wouldn't be one thing any of us could do to stop something like that. He is a security guard so I'm sure he has access to a gun.

But yeah, I think you should talk to a couple of people that you're pretty sure will believe you and they can help watch and will probably get others to do so also and you'll probably find that they've been watching all along. And good luck with your crazy man. Did you ever go out on a date with yours or is it like my situation in that he just wants to date you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships