Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 12:12 AM

283 posts, read 1,384,120 times

Advertisements

I am in asterdam right now and meet some italian guys. We partied and one was like i will pay that girl to take your virginity away. I wasnt thinking but i said no he wouldnt. So we went up and he did pay. I really didnt want too. I have a deep pain in my stomach right now and i really regret what i did. Not only because it was my first time but because i am concerned i may have gotten an std we used a condome and did safe sex and hygenic.i am very concerned and regret the night. it was red light district. I wont be able to reply for another two days. but without question when i get home i will take an std test i feel so dirty.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:36 AM

35 posts, read 184,875 times
Default sorry

Geez man,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

The worst thing about it (to me) seems to be that you really didn't want to lose your virginity in that manner. I can see why you would be bummed about it. For what it's worth, you'll likely get over it sooner than you think. I can hardly remember my first time, and for many people I think it(losing your virginity in a certain way) gets blown way out of proportion.

As far as STDs go, if you correctly used a condom you will likely be okay. IF you're going to have sex with a prostitute, Amsterdam's red light district is probably the safest place to do it. From what I've heard, the girls there are licensed and have to be tested regularly to maintain their credentials. Also, even if you had sex with someone who was HIV+, the odds of getting infected with the virus as a man having protected vaginal intercourse with a woman are extremely small (far less than 1%). The odds of getting something like chlamydia or gonorrhea are much higher(although still relatively small overall), and these infections can be simply treated with a shot or some antibiotic pills.

That said, I certainly wouldn't recommend to anyone that it's a "safe practice". But, as a one time, protected, isolated incident, the odds are strongly in your favor that you will be fine.

By the way, I have a medical background and I'm not just making this up.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:17 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Well, GRap has covered the physical health angle of it pretty well. The mental health angle... I don't know what to tell you, man. Somewhere down the line when you're in a healthy, committed sexual relationship, this experience probably won't matter much any more. Barring sexual abuse/assault, I'd say one's sexual health is more greatly determined by their present relationship than their past relationships.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:22 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,019,975 times
Well, you did what you did. Try not to let it change your life. It's just another experience. Some day when you are an old guy, you will look back on this and smile.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:26 AM

270 posts, read 1,159,711 times
well what do you say (kind of not a smart thing to do) but what is done is done now live and learn from this.

Old 08-03-2007, 06:00 AM

141 posts, read 227,957 times
Prostitution is well regulated in Holland. They require frequent health checks for the prostitutes. You are probably okay.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:03 AM

2,834 posts, read 10,763,155 times
I say, "Don't look back". Put the experience behind you, just like all the other bad experiences in life. Move forward, learn from the mistake, don't beat yourself up. I'm sure there are plenty of people who have had sex with someone they regret having it with. When you find the right person to enjoy this moment with again, you will enjoy it.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:00 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,368,636 times
Well here I was kinda hoping the prostitute from Amsterdam would show up as one of the posters on this thread and start chewing him out. lol.

They are right, as an isolated incident, I would not stress over it... mourning on how you lost your virginity, can be understandable, I chalked up my "first" to very high expectations, and they were pretty shattered as well. I would not dwell on it. As they said, when you are old and wrinkled, and in a healthy monogomaus (sp?) long lasting relationship - you will look back on this and chuckle.

Keep your chin up.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:11 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,085,436 times
Don't beat yourself up over it. You made a mistake, and now you know that you want more for yourself than having to pay people to have sex with you. Get yourself checked out when you get home, and save your next sexual encounter for someone who means something to you.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:15 AM

786 posts, read 1,175,726 times
I have a hard time believing this isn't just a fishing trip. On the chance that it's legit, here's what to do. Go check out one of the many coffee shops over there, toke up a bit, and forget about it. As noted previously, if it's a legal brothel... no worries. If it was an illegal one, though... well.... ever heard of white slavery? Was the hooker from one of the slavic countries?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships