U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 08:34 AM

3,589 posts, read 2,978,500 times

Advertisements

I love my boyfriend, but I dread going to bed every night because as soon as his head hits the pillow, he starts to snore. Loudly. Non-stop. I poke him and he doesn't stop. I roll him over and he doesn't stop. He got some of that stop snoring throat spray...didn't work. Breathe right strips...didn't work. I can still hear him with ear plugs. People might think it's intolerant, but nothing irritates me more than hearing another person snore. I just can't deal with it; it's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

I try to fall asleep before he does but it's hard...often he falls asleep before I do and I struggle to fall asleep because of the volume of his snoring. If I roll over to try to get away from it, he spoons up behind me and snores in my ear. Usually I give up and go sleep on the sofa, but then I wake up with him snuggled up on the sofa next to me...snoring...at about 4-5 am. So I get up and go to the bedroom, and it hurts his feelings that I don't "want" to sleep with him.

I do want to sleep in the same bed, but I can't sleep with that racket.

What can we do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 08:37 AM

3,402 posts, read 11,987,558 times
Have his adnoids removed. I had mine removed for hearing purposes (stupid doctors, I tell ya) and haven't missed them since, and one of the side effects they told me was that people without adnoids can't snore. ..it feels like these little balls in the b ack of your nose are gone and there's just a hole now. I've never looked up an adnoid to see exactly what it was they took out.... but I didn't snore before hand, and I don't snore now, (unless I completely can't breathe due to some cold or soomething)

Old 09-27-2007, 08:38 AM

3,589 posts, read 2,978,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
Have his adnoids removed. I had mine removed for hearing purposes (stupid doctors, I tell ya) and haven't missed them since, and one of the side effects they told me was that people without adnoids can't snore. ..it feels like these little balls in the b ack of your nose are gone and there's just a hole now. I've never looked up an adnoid to see exactly what it was they took out.... but I didn't snore before hand, and I don't snore now, (unless I completely can't breathe due to some cold or soomething)
That can't be true because I know a girl who had that surgery and she sounds like a sawmill when she sleeps.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:43 AM

3,402 posts, read 11,987,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
That can't be true because I know a girl who had that surgery and she sounds like a sawmill when she sleeps.

mebbe they didnt do it right.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:43 AM

141 posts, read 533,028 times
Sleep Apnea could be the cause. It might be something he'll want to see the doctor for. You can look up causes/symptoms/medications on line and see if it's worth trying.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:53 AM

786 posts, read 803,008 times
If he's overweight, losing weight can help.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:58 AM

6,550 posts, read 12,615,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
mebbe they didnt do it right.

What the hell??? Would you choose a user name already??? Next comes 'Antarctic Fiddle' and blah dee dah.....

I put you up for MAYOR and you wig out and change your name and leave me holding the (whatever that expression is....... I'm seeing red and am confused now..... )

Old 09-27-2007, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuke View Post
If he's overweight, losing weight can help.
Sleeping face down in the pillow can help too..... (at least I guarantee he won't snore that way.... )

Old 09-27-2007, 09:06 AM

4,739 posts, read 7,404,135 times
Try venting his pillow with a 357 magnum...lol

I'd try nasal spray before bedtime, if he can't breath properly through his nose and is a mouth breather it can be a little much to deal with for you i'm sure.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
Try venting his pillow with a 357 magnum...lol

I'd try nasal spray before bedtime, if he can't breath properly through his nose and is a mouth breather it can be a little much to deal with for you i'm sure.
LOL!!!!

Actually nasal spray does work in my experience. However, the problem is that any relieved congesting seems to come back ten-fold the next day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or