Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 11:51 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I beleive people that hate their own race or country of origin, hate themselves in the process, it's impossible not to. IMO, you don't have to love everything it's about. I don't love everything I see blacks doing or everything I see Americans doing, but I'm not going to 'hate' them to other people because I am part of both those groups like it or not. Also, it just doesn't make any sense: you're living here, reaping all the benefits and then complaining about how terrible it all is? Meanwhile there's places where people eat bowls of plain white rice for 2 meals a day, can't marry/date any person they choose, or watch open sewage run down the middle of the streets -- but yet, this is worse.

No, we're not perfect here, but neither is anywhere else.

I do agree with you that cali cali comes across as thinking if he goes 'somewhere else' he's going to somehow assimilate to that culture, where he should've been born in the first place or whatever, LOL. And those people that feel that way, really should move said places, because you can't have it both ways.

Well I agree with you on all the points here, and that's a big thing that bothers me.

What I was addressing with the blacks, was more about the black guys or black girls that come on here and say "I will only go for white people" or white people who come on here and say things like "only girls from Colombia will make good wives and all american women are horrible" those kind of people are the ones making excuses. They can't pick up a girl here in USA, so they blame it on their race.

Black people probably do go through more crap than whites if they live in a white dominated place, which is most of the USA. Now, I was a white guy living in Miami, which puts white people at probably one of the biggest minorities. Trust me, I delt with my fare share there, and probably on the same level that a lot of minorities here face. I don't let that get to me though, because I also met a lot of awesome people down there and I focused on that. That's all that I was trying to get across.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 12:08 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Well I agree with you on all the points here, and that's a big thing that bothers me.

What I was addressing with the blacks, was more about the black guys or black girls that come on here and say "I will only go for white people" or white people who come on here and say things like "only girls from Colombia will make good wives and all american women are horrible" those kind of people are the ones making excuses. They can't pick up a girl here in USA, so they blame it on their race.

Black people probably do go through more crap than whites if they live in a white dominated place, which is most of the USA. Now, I was a white guy living in Miami, which puts white people at probably one of the biggest minorities. Trust me, I delt with my fare share there, and probably on the same level that a lot of minorities here face. I don't let that get to me though, because I also met a lot of awesome people down there and I focused on that. That's all that I was trying to get across.

ohhhh okay. I see what you're saying. I agree those people that feel that way, aren't going to go anywhere else and have better luck with men or women then they have here. I don't beleive for a second if I moved to a city with a higher population of blacks/black men, I would somehow become hot and desired there, LOL. Sorry doesn't work like that, I don't think. Cali cali needs to move to those areas he thinks are so much better and then let us all know if it really did work out for him or not with the women there.

I also wonder if there's anyone on here that did just that and can claim the opposite, that it works?

Many of the men that say these things about one race of a woman or another, don't realize MANY women not included in those groups find that offensive and 'wrong,' to women in general, so it's not going to fly with most women.....yes, I understand you don't let all that get to you, living in Miami and being the 'minority' there, but like pear martini was saying you can't really say how it is for someone else. Things that don't affect you, doesn't mean the same for everyone else.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:

ohhhh okay. I see what you're saying. I agree those people that feel that way, aren't going to go anywhere else and have better luck with men or women then they have here. I don't beleive for a second if I moved to a city with a higher population of blacks/black men, I would somehow become hot and desired there, LOL. Sorry doesn't work like that, I don't think. Cali cali needs to move to those areas he thinks are so much better and then let us all know if it really did work out for him or not with the women there. I seen for example, a lot of men saying they're tired of "american women and going to get themselves a Russian bride," LOL.

I also wonder if there's anyone on there that did just that and can claim the opposite, that it works?

Many of the men that say these things about one race of a woman or another, don't realize MANY women not included in those groups find that offensive and 'wrong,' to women in general, so it's not going to fly with most women.....yes, I understand you don't let all that get to you, living in Miami and being the 'minority' there, but like pear martini was saying you can't really say how it is for someone else. Things that don't affect you, doesn't mean the same for everyone else.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post

I also wonder if there's anyone on here that did just that and can claim the opposite, that it works?

With the bolded, yes you'll see a lot of that because sex mongers will go to places like Colombia or Thailand and throw money at these women and pay for everything, the women will drain their pockets and treat them like kings. These guys will act like they are ladies men and brag about how wonderful the women are hahahah. Anyone other than that... is going to realize that women are women, regardless of race. If you don't treat them well, they're not going to want to be with you.

And once again, on your final paragraph, thank you hahahah. All of the international women that I've dated said it makes them sick when a guy approaches them and makes claims "all latinas are so hot" or anything along those lines. Most of them will laugh at those kind of guys. I was with a black girl for a little while, and some of the things white people say to her that they think are smooth is downright pathetic lol.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:24 PM

123 posts, read 122,696 times
I think we are changing the subject here lol

Old 06-26-2012, 12:27 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonia112 View Post
Im from germany and live here in alabama over 3 years. Till now I didnt find the right man yet and Im thinking it could be because Im not from here? Maybe Im just over thinking this, but I would like to hear some opinions from man or woman here.
I married a European.

Wasn't a big deal to me.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonia112 View Post
I think we are changing the subject here lol

Wecome to C-D.

In the end though, I think you got your answers. Americans don't have a problem dating outside of their nationality. It is pretty normal here and we're filled with all different races. What you can do is move out of your small city to a larger city where anything and everything goes. If I were to live in a small city, my dating prospects would go way down also. The more people there are the better your chances. Racist people are idiots, so the people who are going to have problems with racism are people of different colors ie, if you are set on trying to pick up a black guy, you might see problems with racism. A white guy who is racist probably won't ahve a problem with you because you are also white. Racist people have thick skulls, I wouldn't worry about it... . I would think that being divorced with a kid would be a bigger drawback than being German. Not that it's a big deal..but in my opinion that seems like it'd hold you back more in a small city.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
With the bolded, yes you'll see a lot of that because sex mongers will go to places like Colombia or Thailand and throw money at these women and pay for everything, the women will drain their pockets and treat them like kings. These guys will act like they are ladies men and brag about how wonderful the women are hahahah. Anyone other than that... is going to realize that women are women, regardless of race. If you don't treat them well, they're not going to want to be with you.

And once again, on your final paragraph, thank you hahahah. All of the international women that I've dated said it makes them sick when a guy approaches them and makes claims "all latinas are so hot" or anything along those lines. Most of them will laugh at those kind of guys. I was with a black girl for a little while, and some of the things white people say to her that they think are smooth is downright pathetic lol.

LOL. That is so true. Well they could get those women here too, they're called hookers.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:32 PM

123 posts, read 122,696 times
Thanks. I dont have a choice to move, because my exhusband . The next bigger city is Birmingham or atlanta , almost 5 hours drive.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:59 PM

17 posts, read 15,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
In GENERAL, America is a very insular, xenophobic, isolationist society so both men and women are going to have a hard time finding suitable companionship. And the older you get the harder it gets so you have to pair off early in this country.

If I were you, and with your looks, you would do quite well in NYC or California; but I would not move there just for the opposite sex being that you have a child, and you're not exactly 18 years young.
I completely agree, I am a first generation immigrant although I came here at a fairly young age. I for one would never want to date or be with an American woman because of the fact that most of them have an entitlement mentality, believe in stereotypes and don't usually have an ability to judge a person individually, are arrogant, believe in fleecing your pockets to the end and are usually very complaining about life and everything it's got to offer.

I am a non White person and I have faced and still continue to face lesser respect, racist generalizations and racist jabs directed at me for being a non White immigrant. I have observed that American women on the other hand would be totally okay for dating a White immigrant who's from say, Eastern Europe or something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships