Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 02:42 PM

376 posts, read 665,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiana View Post
Thanks for this.

There seems to be this trend among white LGBT persons to dismiss the experiences of people of color, and I take offense to that. If my friend who is handsome, socially savvy, and educated says he is dismissed romantically AND platonically because of his race on a regular basis, I have no reason to doubt him.

Why should anyone else?

He also said its not just white men that show a strong "preference" toward whites. He claims Asians, Hispanics, and other black guys are just as hung up on it. It is very strange.
yes, thank you for mentioning that. in fact, racism is a HUGE problem in the lgbt community. it seems as you have a totem pole system where whites are put at the top and everyone else is at the bottom. it's depressing. it seems like almost everyone wants a white guy and if you're a black guy, you're pretty much treated like a fetish.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:26 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,878,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the nation is still angry View Post
yes, thank you for mentioning that. in fact, racism is a HUGE problem in the lgbt community. it seems as you have a totem pole system where whites are put at the top and everyone else is at the bottom. it's depressing. it seems like almost everyone wants a white guy and if you're a black guy, you're pretty much treated like a fetish.
I wouldnt say its that extreme, but I get what your are saying. I find gay guys in general to be very, well superficial. Whats really funny is that most dont have to looks nor personality to be that, or value themselves more than anyone else.

Its nothing to be depression or feel bad about yourself over.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:31 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
I always see gay men talking about how difficult it is to date or find someone. That's mind blowing.
It must be super easy to get NSA sex though!

Old 04-05-2013, 03:45 PM

31,027 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the nation is still angry View Post
I don't know if GLBTQNation articles and comments are reflective of the overall GLBT sentiment around the country but it sounds like theres much stereotyping with respect to Race, Bisexuality, and Transgenders going on. I would not expect the Elitism and Exclusion amongst those groups in that type of Forum

Old 04-05-2013, 09:56 PM

272 posts, read 620,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
OP, why doesn't he just find other gay/bi Black men to date and socialize with? It sounds like he's trying to socialize with other races of people so of course he's going to run into problems. Despite the fact that it's 2012, people still tend to feel most comfortable amongst those of their own race so gay dating is probably no different.
I'll be so happy when humanity realizes that melanin and tightly coiled hair doesn't make you a sub species of the homo sapien. Races do not exist, but try telling that to the average brainwashed person.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:26 AM

31,027 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldl79 View Post
I'll be so happy when humanity realizes that melanin and tightly coiled hair doesn't make you a sub species of the homo sapien. Races do not exist, but try telling that to the average brainwashed person.
I'm sure that almost all of the Isms are a built in Animal protection mechanisms that evolved from the need for protection against the unknown. An evolved person should be able to over ride this

Old 11-06-2013, 12:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,581 times
Talking Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
This comment exemplifies the ignorance toward the gay community. Grindr is not the same thing at all as trying to find someone of substance that is interested in cultivating a long lasting relationship. But I'll call your bluff; how do you know a white guy of the same attractiveness will blow up with interest?? And what about other black guys? Is he not interested in black guys? He only wants white guys? Also, what are people suppose to do? Change their tastes for what they find attractive? If its a straight guy who is attracted to big breasts, should he cave into pressure and start going with flat chested women out of guilt? Especially when there are plenty of girls with nice big ones to go around?

Also, I know this might be a stereotype, but I do know of guys being robbed from guys of color more frequently. When gay guys are victims, the police won't do anything.

Alas, he can always do what some of the black guys do, tell him to brag about his endowment, that might get him noticed.
Okay can i just say this is the dumbest thing on the planet. Anytime a person meet someone they don't know out of their comfort zone can a person feel uneasy. I have heard of people getting killed from hooking up through Grindr. So to you, black people are the only people who rape/robb yet all colors of the rainbow have that desire. so yeah dude....

As far as rejection, being black, is something i am proud of everyday; despite the fact i am subjected to closed minded people who could not walk a day in my shoes. In my area, more blacks (mostly the attractive ones) are attracted to white guys (and the really average low quality one too). And the whites to whites/hispanics, hispanics to whites/hispanics and so forth. Point here is if my goal was to get my rocks off, that would be easy just take someone just as desperate(and probably catch something) but if i want someone of quality i would have to move to a city i don't desire to live in. So what do you do? I'll tell you; live life, get off these apps because they are just depressing sometime, and meet people in real life.

The person you may fall in love could be standing right behind you at the supermarket but because you're so jaded, you pass up the great opportunity to meet/date an amazing fellow of the rainbow.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,465 times
Looking for hookups on grindr, bendr, mr, gayromeo, bigmuscle, gaydar and so on has nothing to do with racism when people reject you. It's the fast world of getting your *** out of your body and nothing to do with love also. If a person doesn't want to have sex with you because you don't appeal to their quick wish don't call it racism. There are plenty of sites where you can hookup and have a talk or chat and take it from there. A quick shagg for me would be, I want it to be kind of foolish perfect just for 15 minutes. I like to fool myself once in a while and I use grindr or one of the others I've mentioned.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:19 PM

129 posts, read 250,318 times
So glad I cam across this thread. I'm mixed black & Latino and I find there is so much discrimination against black guys on dating sites. I always have white guys checking me out, but none of them ever say hello. Haven't went on a date since last summer to be honest.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:22 AM

1,672 posts, read 2,878,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calispartan View Post
So glad I cam across this thread. I'm mixed black & Latino and I find there is so much discrimination against black guys on dating sites. I always have white guys checking me out, but none of them ever say hello. Haven't went on a date since last summer to be honest.
Maybe start dating other blacks and latino guys?

Its funny and sad when minority gays complain about rejected by white guys, when they themselves reject men of their own race. Ive dated white guys before, but I treat them the same as any other guy because I not of these idiots who idolizes one race over another.

I often tell fellow gays that the guy of your dreams could be a different race than you. Would you rather remain single because of that?

Also would you date an unattractive guy over an attractive one because of race?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships