Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 04:20 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,296,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Not just highly attractive women, but I just highlighted them. I said if you approach guys, you better be attractive or your going to get hurt.

Ugly and average women get approached all time, ugly and average women get married and have kids all the time. They just don't get certain top quality of men approaching them.

And I rephrase, I mean 95% of women. Women are told from a young age, you don't approach guys, guys approach you

An for a VAST majority of women it works out.
This, esp what I bolded out.

post of the day.

This should be common sense but apparently it isn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 04:49 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,081,177 times
I think a quick text from the woman after the date saying thank you and she had a nice time is just being polite and showing appreciation for being taken out. If someone finds that as too agressive or desperate then that's their issue. But I agree with everyone else - your friend shouldn't wait around for this guy. Sounds like he's not interested in anymore dates and is too chicken to just say he isn't interested. She dodged a bullet and should move on. Someone that can't even give you the courtesy of letting you know where you stand isn't someone you would want to be with long term!

Old 06-26-2012, 04:51 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,178,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Well for the vast majority of us it doesn't, just because you can put some high percentage on it, doesn't make it accurate. All I see is a bunch of men coming to the conclusion that women have equal opportunities and we're all on the same level and that's not true. They focus on what the attractive women can do and get when that's obvious to any breathing adult: Attractive women have carte blanche where men are concerned and can do and say anything as far as they're concerned. Of course they are going to have success in approaching men, of course they're going to have success if they don't. Duh. The men claim until they're blue in the face to want 'average, plain jane' or whatever and it's still B.S. and probably always will be. They concerns themselves with a small percentage of women and the rest don't matter.

edit: sitting around and assuming every single woman gets approached by men isn't common sense.
well duh, no one is saying that. Women who are more attractive have to do less and have more opportunities. Doesn't mean the other women(average/below average/ugly) dont still have happy and fulfilling relationships and lives. Your telling me of all of the millions of women who are married and has children, they're all attractive? Or they all approach guys? Hell no. But it works out, they just don't get the top quality men.

Ugly women don't have to approach guys, Pretty women don't have to approach guys, the Quality of men they get is just different. As I said, this is from a young age

Look at Sr prom, you don't ask guys to the prom, guys ask you and every year millions of girls are asked to the prom, and millions go. Not all of them are attractive, and a vast majority don't ask the guys but it all works out, cause a huge majority go.

As for "the men claim they want an average woman or a plain Jane" of course they're going to say that, but every guy wants a hot girl, it's a status symbol and you can't blame them for that

Old 06-26-2012, 05:02 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,706,526 times
Quote:
well duh, no one is saying that. Women who are more attractive have to do less and have more opportunities. Doesn't mean the other women(average/below average/ugly) dont still have happy and fulfilling relationships and lives. Your telling me of all of the millions of women who are married and has children, they're all attractive? Or they all approach guys? Hell no. But it works out, they just don't get the top quality men.

Ugly women don't have to approach guys, Pretty women don't have to approach guys, the Quality of men they get is just different. As I said, this is from a young age

Look at Sr prom, you don't ask guys to the prom, guys ask you and every year millions of girls are asked to the prom, and millions go. Not all of them are attractive, and a vast majority don't ask the guys but it all works out, cause a huge majority go.

As for "the men claim they want an average woman or a plain Jane" of course they're going to say that, but every guy wants a hot girl, it's a status symbol and you can't blame them for that
But that is what you were saying by essentially saying 90 percent of women can do this and accomplish that. What I'm telling you is even if average or ugly women approach men that doesn't mean men are suddenly less picky simply because they are the ones being approached......LMAO @ you can't blame them for that. What else is new? Nothing is their responsibility nor problem.

Your mindset that it "all works out" for all of us simply because we are women, when you've never been in this position nor situation yourself, is what the problem is. But hey, beleive what you want, I don't care anymore.

and for the record I asked him to the prom. He spent the whole night dancing with other women and then went to a hotel party after he took me home. I f I didn't ask, I wouldn't have gone.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:13 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,178,724 times
The problem with you doll eyes is, you take what happened to you and in your life and apply it to most women in America. And I don't think that's fair, for example YOU asked the guy to the prom, but a vast majority of Girls in high school don't. As for the guys, why would I be mad at a man for wanting an attractive women? I can't be, just like I can't be mad at a woman for wanting an attractive man

And when I say, "it works out", it does because millions upon millions of women in this country eventually get married, have kids, and live happy and fulfilling lives. So it does "work out" even though we can both agree that a majority of them aren't "hot" or highly attractive

Old 06-26-2012, 05:16 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,706,526 times
Quote:
The problem with you doll eyes is, you take what happened to you and in your life and apply it to most women in America. And I don't think that's fair, for example YOU asked the guy to the prom, but a vast majority of Girls in high school don't. As for the guys, why would I be mad at a man for wanting an attractive women? I can't be, just like I can't be mad at a woman for wanting an attractive man

And when I say, "it works out", it does because millions upon millions of women in this country eventually get married, have kids, and live happy and fulfilling lives. So it does "work out" even though we can both agree that a majority of them aren't "hot" or highly attractive

I didn't say every single woman on the planet has been through the same experiences as I have and had the same result. You think I don't know that most women are not like me?

I said I'm tired of it being put out their that just because they have had success, then it must be the same for all of us. That assumption has been made a million times on here by various men. They only see and care about what happens to the 'success' stories of women and not the rest. "X,Y,Z, had it all work out," so you must've too at one point or whatever. I also didn't say I was mad at men for wanting attractive women, I said 'what else is new?'

Old 06-26-2012, 09:27 PM

123 posts, read 122,516 times
So if that woman isnt attractive she will get hurt if she approached a men? By what kinda men cause I see a lot of average guys who dont have that many choices to be picky.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:11 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,588,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddoor54 View Post
That got me wondering-in those situations do guys ever come around
No

But don't be discouraged. Dates are just that, dates. They are meant to get to know each other and you shouldn't expect more.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:24 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,395,628 times
To be fair there have been a number of occasions in my life where a woman has come on strong. Many I have been turned off by it.
HOWEVER the reason wasn't that they came on strong. Rather they didn't meet my dating criteria. Main examples being, mentally unstable, not attracted enough to them physically. If they come on strong and they meet my criteria (which has happened) then I have no problem with it.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:52 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,588,132 times
The person being pursued usually has criteria that is a lot higher than the pursuer's criteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships