Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 04:22 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,276,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm usually pretty aggressive, and I've never hesitated on asking a guy out. Men all say they want a woman who doesn't play games, but when a woman steps up and makes a move or let's him know she might be interested in him, he freaks out and calls her a crazy stalker. Unless she's hot, then it's ok.

Could be that a guy is simply not interested in a woman regardless of her being part of the very few who do take initiative to ask a guy out, take him out, and so on. It works both ways. The cute handsome financially stable man after a woman who is interested in him won’t think at all that he’s a creep. But have an unattractive guy who’s not financially stable go after a girl who’s not interested in him and he will be considered a creep, stalker, weirdo, pervert, etc.

When both parties are interested in each other, it’s all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Me too! I love when I have a good date and then guy sends a text making sure I got home okay and saying he had fun too. Those guys are the keepers! A text the next day is NOT coming on too strong. That guy must have been a loser!
When I leave my girl’s place late she always calls me minutes later to make sure I made it home fine. Sure, not common for women to look out for a guy but it always makes my heart smile that she does. Hey, I am no SuperMan just because I am a guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 04:54 PM

896 posts, read 1,476,178 times
Quote:
Unless she's hot, then it's ok.
Correct.

God blessed you women with a really simple agenda.

Look hot. The end.

Hit the gym. Do a few thousand lunges. Eat a salad. Then do it again.

Grow your hair long and beautiful. Have the nicest face you can. Don't rule out some minor plastic surgery to look like Megan Fox to the greatest extent possible.

And then you will own the friggin world of shallow men and dating will be your playground.

Of course eventually you age. Men then move on to the new crop of 25 yr olds. Sorry about that part.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:21 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,620,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
Correct.

God blessed you women with a really simple agenda.

Look hot. The end.

Hit the gym. Do a few thousand lunges. Eat a salad. Then do it again.

Grow your hair long and beautiful. Have the nicest face you can. Don't rule out some minor plastic surgery to look like Megan Fox to the greatest extent possible.

And then you will own the friggin world of shallow men and dating will be your playground.

Of course eventually you age. Men then move on to the new crop of 25 yr olds. Sorry about that part.
I'm just going by experience. Most of my friends are male and they let 'hot chicks' get away with sooooo much more than average ones. If an average woman did ANY of the stuff these girls do to my guy friends they would have kicked them to the curb ages ago. Calling 10 times a day? Moving in without asking, with their 2 children from previous relationships? Waiting outside their workplace to 'make sure' they're telling the truth when they say they're working late? Following them around secretly making sure they aren't talking to any other girls?

These are all things girls have done with my guy friends and have gotten away with it because they were attractive. One of those guy friends told me I should have taken the money I spent getting my engineering degree and spent it on plastic surgery...that I'd probably be farther ahead in life if I had.

I know not all guys are like that, and I absolutely can't wait to get out of my 20s, move to a new city and leave these people behind. Until then, that's the stuff I have to deal with.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:55 PM

417 posts, read 824,879 times
I'd read in this thread some people would send a thank you text. That makes me wonder if people would make a thank you call. I've never done either when it comes to dating a women. It would just seem strange to me. I wouldn't really care if a women did it to me after a dat either. I'd much rather have whatever was going to be said done in person at the end of date. Anything beyond that I might feel inclined to unnecessary, but if we got along well or I liked the women it wouldn't matter anyway. Coming on strong is a few notches above just thanks and other **** like that.

Incidentally, I've done the whole thanks lots of times (probably all the time) when it comes to going out with new friends (female or male). Don't need to bother when it comes to the long time peeps though. They know the deal!

Old 06-27-2012, 05:56 PM

417 posts, read 824,879 times
Quote:
I'm just going by experience. Most of my friends are male and they let 'hot chicks' get away with sooooo much more than average ones. If an average woman did ANY of the stuff these girls do to my guy friends they would have kicked them to the curb ages ago. Calling 10 times a day? Moving in without asking, with their 2 children from previous relationships? Waiting outside their workplace to 'make sure' they're telling the truth when they say they're working late? Following them around secretly making sure they aren't talking to any other girls?

These are all things girls have done with my guy friends and have gotten away with it because they were attractive. One of those guy friends told me I should have taken the money I spent getting my engineering degree and spent it on plastic surgery...that I'd probably be farther ahead in life if I had.

I know not all guys are like that, and I absolutely can't wait to get out of my 20s, move to a new city and leave these people behind. Until then, that's the stuff I have to deal with.
The sex must be really good. I personally think great sex even more than great attraction is probably why so many people put up with a lot of non-sense. of course there are other issues wrapped up in that as well.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:34 PM

123 posts, read 122,693 times
The 2 last guys I dated told me after a date to text them if I made it home safe. I didnt even had to worry if I was too aggressive lol

Old 06-27-2012, 07:57 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,603,302 times
I find women who approach extremely attractive, and I get apporached quite a bit. It shows that they are confident and willing to show it. Ive noticed it happening more and more over the years. Doesnt mean I just sit back and wait for women to come to me, I still very much enjoy the chase and flirting with women I find attractive.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:19 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,729,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Lol. So are women. Men judge women on looks. In contrast, women judge men on looks (see, I made a joke there). As far as I can see, there are no rules at all. A woman will say she doesn't like a type of guy, but then is going out with that type of guy the next week. Same with men. It's a madcap world!

Just saying I don't know how anyone cares enough to put up with this back and forth garbage and games.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:21 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,816,077 times
Women that come on too strong are to be avoided...They never have your best interests in mind- just their own selfish needs to be fulfilled...They remind me of men that are bores and pigish.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:45 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,197,482 times
Men are FAR, FAR, more shallow then women. It's not even close actually
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships