Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 08:22 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It has been my experience in life that it is best not to generalize when it comes to sizing people up.

Every individual deserves to be seen for WHO they are, not what they are.
I hope you say that the next time a girl comes onto the forum and asks "this guy I'm interested has slept with 25 women in the last year should I give him a chance?":

Old 06-28-2012, 08:26 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I hope you say that the next time a girl comes onto the forum and asks "this guy I'm interested has slept with 25 women in the last year should I give him a chance?":
My advice would be the same.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:27 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,305,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Of the twelve things listed by the OP as dealbreakers, only four of them include behaviors exhibited by the hypothetical woman being refused. They are: attention whoring, cheating, promiscuity, and making bad choices in males. And the last one isn't even necessarily the woman's fault. Most of us, including most of you "smart" ones, have done this at least once. The rest of them are things outside of the woman's control. Have any old sayings to apply to them?
"Find Another" - My Dad

This behavior uncommon?

keep telling yourself that (It's actually pretty funny).

Its more common than ever, in my life i've found the exception to be life abroad (heh, that was kind of a double entendre), that discussion is something entirely different. Again we can agree to disagree, a woman making a bad choice in a male should be noted for that (that's not outside of her control). People need to be held accountable for bad/horrible behavior that's occurring in the present.

I can't help but laugh every time that I hear "buuuuuut i''mmmmmm aaa goooooood persssssoonn!"

please.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:28 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Quote:
The difference is that no one labels him "damaged goods." By the OP's definition I am damaged goods several times over b/c I am divorced and take meds for ADD. Whatever. I didn't want to date him anyway.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:29 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,727,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
ever hear that slogan "misery loves company" ? applies to the latter.

you can die from misery as well.

assuming you'd be in misery as you know nothing about every single woman who's had these issues. but keep acting like you do.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:31 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,727,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
The difference is that no one labels him "damaged goods." By the OP's definition I am damaged goods several times over b/c I am divorced and take meds for ADD. Whatever. I didn't want to date him anyway.

I''m sure you've managed to deal with divorce and have relationships after the fact. If so, this is shocking news to the OP.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:32 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
"Find Another" - My Dad

This behavior uncommon?

keep telling yourself that (It's actually pretty funny).

Its more common than ever, in my life i've found the exception to be life abroad (heh, that was kind of a double entendre), that discussion is something entirely different. Again we can agree to disagree, a woman making a bad choice in a male should be noted for that (that's not outside of her control). People need to be held accountable for bad/horrible behavior that's occurring in the present.

I can't help but laugh every time that I hear "buuuuuut i''mmmmmm aaa goooooood persssssoonn!"

please.
Held accountable how, exactly? Wearing a scarlet letter? Public shaming?

EVERYONE has made mistakes, if they choose not to learn from them than that's on them. But I'm not going to judge someone for admitting that they've made some bad decisions in the past, learned from them and moved on.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:33 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,813,287 times
Quote:
No, why become the 26th as he goes on to the 27th?

Old 06-28-2012, 08:37 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
No, you're smart. All of what you mentioned and more are deal-breakers for me. Girls that have diseases like Bipolar Disorder will stab you in the back on a whim; and its not like they can help themselves. Who wants to be around a ticking time bomb?

I got enough problems dealing with my own issues; much less someone elses.
As long as you don't expect someone else to deal with yours, sounds fair.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:40 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,225 times
Quote:
a woman making a bad choice in a male should be noted for that (that's not outside of her control).
What story are you imagining? Because I don't think you're putting enough thought into this. Sometimes, a person might seem GREAT and turn out to be a bad choice. To say that one can always know whether another person is going to be good to them (or whatever standard you're holding them to) is quite unrealistic. Yes, sometimes, there are signs that you shouldn't get with a particular person. But they're not always there; and you can't fault someone for not seeing signs that aren't there.

Quote:
People need to be held accountable for bad/horrible behavior that's occurring in the present.

please.
I don't even know what subject you're on at this point, wordlife... But I agree that people should be held accountable for present behavior wholeheartedly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships