Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 08:24 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,945,269 times

Advertisements

You can take a...a........a one of *those*. http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...87-d4utdvm.jpg

She still is STRAIGHT and NOT a lesbian.

Danica Patrick Go Daddy Speeding Commercial - Internet only version! - YouTube

Do you think she's hiding for fear of letting her true self coming out?
If you think so, you need to head for THE HEART.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 08:29 PM

Like I was saying.....where's the four wheelers? She'll run 'em with you and still cook you dinner and snuggle.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...girlrachel.jpg

Old 06-30-2012, 08:49 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,704,310 times
There's so much I like about this post!

It hadn't occurred to me that perhaps men who have an aversion and fear of gay men might be shocked out of their skull to find out that gay men have friends who are not gay men. Maybe they think that gay men only have gay men as friends? Maybe some might, but we're all human beings and can be friends on the basis of lots of factors. For ex., I had a gay friend 20 years ago whom I bonded with because we were both from the same country of origin, funny guy, made me laugh when things were tough, good and kind-hearted, and we shared a love of independent films. What more could one want in a friend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I agree. Some women just don't have a problem with gay men. They don't feel threatened.

I think many thread titles are worded in ways that foster false notions. I don't know of any woman who is DRAWN to gay men. Yeah, right. Like a moth is drawn to light at night? If the topic is for women who are DRAWN to them, let one of those women post an answer.

As far as simple friendships go, I think many women simply do not harbor negative emotions towards gay men. I think some straight men feel uncomfortable (add repulsed, religious, and a whole slew of other reasons for aversion to gay men) with the whole notion of homosexuality and some men are so full of hate, ignorance and fear that they cannot use common sense to see that there are good, bad, and evil amongst all people regardless of race, sexual orientation, or SEC.

As for women hearing disrespectful remarks from gay men towards women, there is such a thing as personality disorders. You will find them in all sets of sexual orientations. Some people are hateful, catty, and simply unhappy deep inside and it comes out in various ways. If a person is making disrespectful remarks about women, it is THAT person and not a symptom of all men, gay or straight. How many women like to put men down in a joking way?

I don't have any gay friends who make asinie remarks about women because I don't hang out with people like that. I also don't hang out with twinks who can be catty beyond all reason.

Here is $0.01. Not all gays are swishy, effeminate, or stereotypes that you think make SF so worthy of your disgust. Many men in small town, rural, middle america are married to women, sit in church, work on cars, and live in all parts of USA. My god, you have more bi and gay men in small towns than you can shake a stick at. And most got married due to societal peer pressure. You DO know that?

Old 06-30-2012, 08:51 PM

It is kinda cool to have a male friend that isn't even remotely thinking of sex. Takes the edge off if what you want is a true friendship only, and no sexual involvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
I have always had gay friends and always felt they were easy to talk to and they're no danger as far as trying to get into your pants so you feel safe telling them things that could otherwise be taken as a come on...

Old 06-30-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
There's so much I like about this post!

It hadn't occurred to me that perhaps men who have an aversion and fear of gay men might be shocked out of their skull to find out that gay men have friends who are not gay men. Maybe they think that gay men only have gay men as friends? Maybe some might, but we're all human beings and can be friends on the basis of lots of factors. For ex., I had a gay friend 20 years ago whom I bonded with because we were both from the same country of origin, funny guy, made me laugh when things were tough, good and kind-hearted, and we shared a love of independent films. What more could one want in a friend?
Back to the OP. If "OUR" women have nothing in common with ya, what makes you think the men will/would? *Word*

Old 06-30-2012, 08:55 PM

Pardon? I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
Back to the OP. If "OUR" women have nothing in common with ya, what makes you think the men will/would? *Word*

Old 06-30-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Pardon? I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say.
If you are gay around here, who's your friends? Other gays obviously. I could write all night about the "one" who came out and no longer goes to family get togethers. His/her parents don't talk about it. So and so just doesn't come or show themselves anymore. A LEO who thought it was a good idea to propostion his partner while taking a leak on duty in a remote woods. He's no longer a Cop and lost everything he had. Oh, it's VERY real indeed!

Old 06-30-2012, 09:26 PM

There's no doubt that there's still discrimination against gays. You know it, I know it, we all know it. So when there's discrimination, people tend to protect themselves by leaning towards those also undergoing discrimination. Still, those people who don't discriminate will befriend anyone, and people are people after all. I'm fluent in my native language, Spanish, and I'm sure there are people out there that hate me for that. I don't have them as friends. So what? I have plenty of friends, people who don't discriminate against me for my native language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
If you are gay around here, who's your friends? Other gays obviously. I could write all night about the "one" who came out and no longer goes to family get togethers. His/her parents don't talk about it. So and so just doesn't come or show themselves anymore. A LEO who thought it was a good idea to propostion his partner while taking a leak on duty in a remote woods. He's no longer a Cop and lost everything he had. Oh, it's VERY real indeed!

Old 06-30-2012, 09:27 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,503,487 times
Very simple...1)They're no threat and 2)They want what they can't have

Old 06-30-2012, 09:53 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,302,858 times
Oleg, women who have gay friends have a character flaw? I don't think so...I for one, know many women who are happily married and have gay friends and straight friends. And sometimes you meet someone and become friends only to find out later they are gay or lesbian, it's not like you go out and search for a gay friend...I don't agree with you that gay men are not real men...why should they have to have kids and be a father and husband? Total BS...Just like anyone who's served in the militaryand fought in some war is probably more manly too or some guy who beats his wife and kids is manly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships