Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 01:50 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,778,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
I'll leave you be "kiddo".
Wise choice since you're obviously a pretty limited guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 01:52 AM

1,171 posts, read 1,944,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Wise choice since you're obviously a pretty limited guy.
Limited edition to you bud!

Old 07-04-2012, 01:52 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,381,451 times
Dating a Feminine Guy?

I'm guessing in most cases he would be pretty unpleasurable for most women in the bedroom.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:00 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,588,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Are you being obtuse on purpose? What exactly about this thread seems to have offended you so much? No one is insulting gay men or even more feminine guys, especially not me. Everyone else seems to understand what I mean when I say the first thought that popped into my head when I met this guy was "Is he gay" because of his mannerisms, the way he talked, and the general way he moved. It isn't something I can explain, but it's something I'm sure everyone has encountered. Does it mean he's gay? Nope. He may be as hetero as they come...I don't know. That's why I posted the question - for discussion.
I noticed Info Guy has been very defensive in this thread. IG, have people called you effeminate or do you fear you might be gay? There is nothing to worry about, just try to accept yourself and others will too.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:03 AM

1,171 posts, read 1,944,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I noticed Info Guy has been very defensive in this thread. IG, have people called you effeminate or do you fear you might be gay? There is nothing to worry about, just try to accept yourself and others will too.
He's just curious. Nothing to be alarmed about.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:33 PM

161 posts, read 393,773 times
I don't have to have a super manly man, but feminine guys are definitely not a turn on for me.

I actually had a similar situation trying to figure out if someone was gay or straight--I've been hanging out with a guy, and I'm not really attracted to him at all but he is friendly enough. I assumed he was gay the first time I met him (based on some stereotypes, but also some things he said), but he texts/calls me all the time and wants to hang out ALL the time. I'm not sure if he just trusts me and wants to be good friends or if he really is straight and actually interested.

A little overwhelming... anyways, I hope he's just overly friendly because I'm not attracted to him at all. It's hard to be attracted to someone who I thought was gay at first.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:08 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,298 posts, read 14,104,781 times
AAAAAAAAAAACK! I was watching Martha Stewart today, and I liked it!

Old 07-05-2012, 08:44 AM

884 posts, read 1,401,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
AAAAAAAAAAACK! I was watching Martha Stewart today, and I liked it!
Quick, get some ESPN into an IV and get it into him stat!

Old 07-05-2012, 10:51 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,069,199 times
Well, thanks to everyone who knew what I meant! I love a guy who is a gentleman and I'm not boxed into stereotypes when it comes to gender roles, but my very first impression of this man was to ask myself if he could be gay. Maybe he's not, but I can't date someone with that in the back of my mind. I politely told him that he's a great guy, but I didn't think things were going to work out. He was fairly gracious about it. He wanted to know why...I just said it doesn't really matter why.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:17 AM

12,098 posts, read 16,979,394 times
Threads like these make me wonder which of my own mannerisms are 'effeminate'.

For instance:

-Buying nice clothes
-Singing Carpenters songs while playing the guitar
-Using exfoliant wash in the morning
-Reading books...

I mean I do watch sports and drink beer, but is some woman going to reject me because I do the above? This is how it is for guys. You're always thinking "What is she going to reject me on?"

Oh well. To the fellas who are 'effeminate' I say screw it. The key is to go through numbers and not care about a woman enough until you actually get her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships