Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2012, 12:56 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,887,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This is one one of those things where they talk about they have to "know"...

I want a partner... not a child that I have to take care of.... I want a "Woman".... not a little daddies girl.... I guess I must have some problem with me... I must not be good enough if I can't make it with without some old guys stamp...

I must be funny like that....
[IMG] GIFSoup[/IMG]

Quote:
I don't know if you're bitter from personal experience, but this thread was about a women stating what one woman is looking for in a man; not turning one down based on un/underemployment. You're making this thread into an issue of un/underemployment, when it's not: Whether a man is un/underemployed and why, isn't the topic here.
Think about it. Un/underemployment = low income = a man not being "good" enough for this women based on their income and not who he is as a person" which is the topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 01:47 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,050,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinStrong313 View Post

Think about it. Un/underemployment = low income = a man not being "good" enough for this women based on their income and not who he is as a person" which is the topic.
This topic isn't interested in the meanings/specifics behind a man's employment, whether or not he's trying at finding better employment etc. The OP is already "good" enough. This isn't a case of man getting dumped/turned down, but the woman getting turned down. The topic was created from a man's point of view that is already successful, that can meet these woman's demands, but turned her down because he doesn't want to (which is his personal right).

This forum has plenty of threads with men being turned down based on their employment status: this isn't one of them. Search for them and vent there.

Old 07-01-2012, 02:08 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,687 times
I don't see anything wrong with what she said. Everyone would love to have a lot of money in the bank and never have to work another day of their life. Work can get so stressful

Old 07-01-2012, 02:11 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Met a gal, last weekend, we started talking.

We started talking on the phone after we initially met at a "trendy spot" in the city. She's a project manager(30y/0 and child free) with a large F500 company. She's smart and witty. All good so far.

We started talking about what we were both seeking and she stated she scares men away with her comments but she said "I'll tell you anyway".

Her words were: "I'm looking for a man to take care of me".

I said okay, in what way?

She explains: "My dad treated me like a Princess and spoiled me so the man that I get involved with must take over what my dad use to do."

She further stated: "His(the guy she's involved with) income must be higher than mine so he can supplement my income that way I can live the lifestyle that I want to live".

I said: It's no wonder why you're single".

Have at CDer's..............eat this one alive!!!

Discuss......
Props to her for being honest and up front. 90 percent of the women in this country feel exactly the same way but don't have the guts to state it. Instead they try to rope a man in under false pretenses only to show their 'true colors' later, and ultimately make life a living hell for the man because they cannot live up to the unreasonable expectations of their mate.

Depending on what she has to offer, she just might get what she is looking for. Lots of women do.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-01-2012, 02:14 PM

52,255 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I don't see anything wrong with what she said. Everyone would love to have a lot of money in the bank and never have to work another day of their life. Work can get so stressful
Like I said in the beginning of the thread... at least she mentions it up front... so you know what your dealing with.

Old 07-01-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Props to her for being honest and up front. 90 percent of the women in this country feel exactly the same way but don't have the guts to state it. Instead they try to rope a man in under false pretenses only to show their 'true colors' later, and ultimately make life a living hell for the man because they cannot live up to the unreasonable expectations of their mate.

Depending on what she has to offer, she just might get what she is looking for. Lots of women do.

20yrsinBranson
I have the guts to say it.

It's no different than men who have a fantasy of being able to bang young hot women from now until they are 90 yrs old. And they express this all the time, but its given a pass because they use the excuse that they are biologically hard-wired that way.

Old 07-01-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Like I said in the beginning of the thread... at least she mentions it up front... so you know what your dealing with.
Well, I don't think there is anything wrong with her way of thinking. both men and women would love to have a bunch of money in the bank and never have to lift a finger for the rest of their lives. If I met a man who had a lot of money and told me that if I married him I'd never have to work, I'd jump right on it

this is everyone's dream

Old 07-01-2012, 02:21 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,887,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
This topic isn't interested in the meanings/specifics behind a man's employment, whether or not he's trying at finding better employment etc. The OP is already "good" enough. This isn't a case of man getting dumped/turned down, but the woman getting turned down. The topic was created from a man's point of view that is already successful, that can meet these woman's demands, but turned her down because he doesn't want to (which is his personal right).

This forum has plenty of threads with men being turned down based on their employment status: this isn't one of them. Search for them and vent there.
What do you know about the OP??? Anyway, we are talking about women that are like this period and our views on it. You know what, let's just stop the back and forth bickering and drop it.

Old 07-01-2012, 02:40 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Well, I don't think there is anything wrong with her way of thinking. both men and women would love to have a bunch of money in the bank and never have to lift a finger for the rest of their lives. If I met a man who had a lot of money and told me that if I married him I'd never have to work, I'd jump right on it

this is everyone's dream
Not everyone's. Some women and men like to work, and like their careers. But I'd venture and say that for a large majority of women they'd love to be with a man that made enough to where the woman was able to stay at home and live a luxurious life. There is a reason why there are so many reality television shows that feature women(housewifes) that stay at home, shop, gossip, go on random vacations, and dress nicely. Many women would love that lifestyle. Truthfully, however, only 1% of men earn enough money to provide it. Hence the reason I believe a lot of men find this thread offensive. They know that they simply aren't in the position to provide this type of lifestyle, that most women want. LOL. The OP, I believe could provide it(based on what he has said in other threads about his income), but doesn't want to, and there are men like that as well.

Old 07-01-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
Not everyone's. Some women and men like to work, and like their careers. But I'd venture and say that for a large majority of women they'd love to be with a man that made enough to where the woman was able to stay at home and live a luxurious life. There is a reason why there are so many reality television shows that feature women(housewifes) that stay at home, shop, gossip, go on random vacations, and dress nicely. Many women would love that lifestyle. Truthfully, however, only 1% of men earn enough money to provide it. Hence the reason I believe a lot of men find this thread offensive. They know that they simply aren't in the position to provide this type of lifestyle, that most women want. LOL. The OP, I believe could provide it(based on what he has said in other threads about his income), but doesn't want to, and there are men like that as well.
He is being very selfish in my opinion. If she is a good woman, and makes him happy, then he should be delighted to provide a woman with a very luxurious lifestyle that doesn't involve working long hours away from him and their family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships