U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Unread 06-29-2012, 10:21 PM
 
Location: In my view finder.....
8,526 posts, read 7,430,397 times
Reputation: 8079
Default She Said: "I'm looking for a man to take care of me"

Met a gal, last weekend, we started talking.

We started talking on the phone after we initially met at a "trendy spot" in the city. She's a project manager(30y/0 and child free) with a large F500 company. She's smart and witty. All good so far.


We started talking about what we were both seeking and she stated she scares men away with her comments but she said "I'll tell you anyway".

Her words were: "I'm looking for a man to take care of me".


I said okay, in what way?


She explains: "My dad treated me like a Princess and spoiled me so the man that I get involved with must take over what my dad use to do."

She further stated: "His(the guy she's involved with) income must be higher than mine so he can supplement my income that way I can live the lifestyle that I want to live".


I said: It's no wonder why you're single".



Have at CDer's..............eat this one alive!!!




Discuss......

Last edited by Ron.; 06-29-2012 at 10:41 PM.. Reason: grammer, deleted other useless info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 06-29-2012, 10:24 PM
 
15,290 posts, read 6,264,984 times
Reputation: 10424
While I disagree with the way you choose to deal with women, that broad is a walking deal-breaker.

I don't know if it's daddy issues or not, but I'm not going to treat her like her daddy treated her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-29-2012, 10:28 PM
 
Location: Australia
4,008 posts, read 1,994,060 times
Reputation: 6500
Good on her for having standards and sticking to them.

Whether or not they'll lead to personal happiness....who knows?

You can be sure if she's as good a "catch" as you say, she'll find what she's looking for. Possibly several times.

BTW, what is a "smash and dash"? I can use my imagination, but the "long term" bit throws me...? A long term booty call? Isn't that a contradiction in terms?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-29-2012, 10:33 PM
 
Location: John & Ken-ville
12,217 posts, read 7,529,692 times
Reputation: 7926
She's living in fantasyland.

It's one thing for a guy to take care of you like, provide physical comfort so you feel protected, but totally another when it sounds like she wants a wallet and not a boyfriend.

She has unrealistic expectations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-29-2012, 10:34 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
8,315 posts, read 3,710,270 times
Reputation: 6822
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Good on her for having standards and sticking to them.

Whether or not they'll lead to personal happiness....who knows?

You can be sure if she's as good a "catch" as you say, she'll find what she's looking for. Possibly several times.

BTW, what is a "smash and dash"? I can use my imagination, but the "long term" bit throws me...? A long term booty call? Isn't that a contradiction in terms?

can't rep you, agree 100%, guarantee she gets many men and gets a husband. They always do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-29-2012, 10:38 PM
 
Location: In my view finder.....
8,526 posts, read 7,430,397 times
Reputation: 8079
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
She's living in fantasyland.

It's one thing for a guy to take care of you like, provide physical comfort so you feel protected, but totally another when it sounds like she wants a wallet and not a boyfriend.

She has unrealistic expectations.


I asked, what's a good number as far as income. What would be the ideal number for you to live comfortable and life the lifestyle you're looking for.

She had no idea so I started throwing numbers out there.


Basically, he would need to earn $25K per month after taxes so she could live the live style she wanted. That does not include her income. His only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-29-2012, 10:38 PM
 
Location: Australia
4,008 posts, read 1,994,060 times
Reputation: 6500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
can't rep you, agree 100%, guarantee she gets many men and gets a husband. They always do.
She'll probably end up one of those rich old widows who've buried several husbands.

Good on her. If she had say, a fat arse, most of these blokes would find that a "deal breaker" too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-29-2012, 10:38 PM
 
Location: VA -> CO -> VA again
4,758 posts, read 2,371,022 times
Reputation: 8165
I like your response. Who really feels that way much less says it to a stranger at first meeting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-29-2012, 10:41 PM
 
Location: John & Ken-ville
12,217 posts, read 7,529,692 times
Reputation: 7926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I asked, what's a good number as far as income. What would be the ideal number for you to live comfortable and life the lifestyle you're looking for.

She had no idea so I started throwing numbers out there.


Basically, he would need to earn $25K per month after taxes so she could live the live style she wanted. That does not include her income. His only.
She'll be single at 40 if she doesn't change her expectations.

I don't see a "project manager" at a F500 company in the same company as an EVP or CEO.

She's dreaming big and is unrealistic.

She could be just as happy with a guy who earns under 10k per month, combined with her income they'd live a very comfortable lifestyle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-29-2012, 10:41 PM
 
15,290 posts, read 6,264,984 times
Reputation: 10424
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
She'll probably end up one of those rich old widows who've buried several husbands.

Good on her. If she had say, a fat arse, most of these blokes would find that a "deal breaker" too.
Not really, physical looks had nothing to do with my post. Had everything to do with her wanting me to treat her like her old man. I think there's some underlying issues.

And I'm going to do things to her that her dad isnt allowed by law to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top