Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2012, 01:43 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The world's richest woman here in this article says to be rich, you need to not drink and not socialize and work more.

F that crap.

This article sorta irked me...... I'm like, who give's a shyt about having a lot of money.

We're going thru a lot of family issues and I see how fragile life is, no matter how much money you have, it can never replace your life.

LIfe is meant to be enjoyed, have fun, socialize, drink if you like, eat good food see the world, or at least try.

Who gives a flying f about working "more"... I have a boss at work and thats his stock standard answer to everything. "we just need to work more to get thru this."

Screw that crap.

World's richest woman advises poor to stop socializing

Tell us how you really feel? LOL

I have PMS and I'm not even this pissy! (a nutella and peanutbutter sandwich fixed that!)

But honestly, for some people they find joy in misery. I know several people like this and I will never understand it. I have tried to but when I'm miserable, I'm just miserable...there is no joy in that for me. For some though, they thrive on it.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:53 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Tell us how you really feel? LOL

I have PMS and I'm not even this pissy! (a nutella and peanutbutter sandwich fixed that!)

But honestly, for some people they find joy in misery. I know several people like this and I will never understand it. I have tried to but when I'm miserable, I'm just miserable...there is no joy in that for me. For some though, they thrive on it.
I guess I'm sort pissed off because of work.

I had a conversation with my manager and was telling him about how another manager is trying to get me to work on his projects, so a few of us at work are getting pulled in a few different directions and my supervisors answer to anything it to work overtime.

Not lets look at the big picture, or work smarter, just work more.

That has been grinding my nerves and then I see this article and it just pissed my off.

Like I also said between my family and mrs. chows family there is a lot of pretty bad health issues going on and it is really getting me to think about what is important in life.

Work isn't that important.

I take no joy in being pissy or miserable, matter of fact, I've been reading a lot about spiritually and things of that nature the last few yrs and have made a lot of strides in that department.

Rants aside of course.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:00 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,011,899 times
Happy will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no happy. lol An old saying often found on tee-shirts in my youth that I butchered just for you chow.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:05 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,191 times
Isaac has come to town. Tornado sirens left and right so we are in the basement! I wonder if they will still deliver pizza in this weather

Old 08-31-2012, 02:06 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Happy will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no happy. lol An old saying often found on tee-shirts in my youth that I butchered just for you chow.
Yeah..... good one.

I've often thought that I'd rather be miserable with money then be miserable and broke...... at least money will not add anymore to your misery, at least in terms of having a home, eating and the basics....

I was just railing about having money just for the sake of money, greed, if you will.

For me, once the basics are met, I don't care about whether I have Italian granite countertops.... or the latest gadget.... or all the toys that seem to be the 'trappings' of our society.

Just don't care to keep up with the Joneses.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:21 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk j View Post
beautiful pups thurs honey...
mut! :d

Old 08-31-2012, 02:23 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
So I'm going to a "beer tasting" at a liquor store in a bit.

I'm going to buy a few 6 packs of bottled beer.

I'm going to fil my brand new, 32oz Octoberfest stein full of beer.

I'm going to drink.

I'm going to drink.

Oh and I'm eating chinese tonight. I'm looking forward to that the most.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The world's richest woman here in this article says to be rich, you need to not drink and not socialize and work more.

F that crap.

This article sorta irked me...... I'm like, who give's a shyt about having a lot of money.

We're going thru a lot of family issues and I see how fragile life is, no matter how much money you have, it can never replace your life.

LIfe is meant to be enjoyed, have fun, socialize, drink if you like, eat good food see the world, or at least try.

Who gives a flying f about working "more"... I have a boss at work and thats his stock standard answer to everything. "we just need to work more to get thru this."

Screw that crap.

World's richest woman advises poor to stop socializing
I was lucky to choose a career that I really love so I actually look forward to going to work most of the time. It's probably never going to make me super rich though (Unless I build something Google wants to buy haha). I might not always get everything I want, but it certainly provides everything that I need. But I agree that maintaining good work/life balance is really important because money isn't much good if you don't ever have time off to spend it or have no loved ones to spend it with

Old 08-31-2012, 02:40 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
Isaac has come to town. Tornado sirens left and right so we are in the basement! I wonder if they will still deliver pizza in this weather
Lol @ Pizza in a storm. They might only if it's not that bad. Good luck during the storm.

Tornado watch soon for Patterson area.

Old 08-31-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Lol @ Pizza in a storm. They might only if it's not that bad. Good luck during the storm.

Tornado watch soon for Patterson area.
False alarm on the pizza. We decided on BLT's for dinner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships