Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 07:54 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
How do you guys know women have never approached you? What if women have made little remarks at the coffee shop or in the check-out line, and you didn't recognize the casual non-approach as an approach?
Because I don't get approached even in casual speak by women. Hell I never see that around here anyway. If I'm approached by someone, they're a friend and all of the women I know are married.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:30 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Im sure im gonna catch hell for this, but if thats the case then they need to be a little more straightforward
My observation is that guys know when they're being approached, no matter how casually. They tend to interpret everything as an approach, as being about them, even when it isn't. What I was trying to point out by bringing that up is that maybe some of you should pay more attention to women who do talk to you. Just because they don't hit you over the head and drag you back to their cave by the hair doesn't mean you're not being approached. It's just something to consider.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:05 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,095,018 times
Quote:
My observation is that guys know when they're being approached, no matter how casually. They tend to interpret everything as an approach, as being about them, even when it isn't. What I was trying to point out by bringing that up is that maybe some of you should pay more attention to women who do talk to you. Just because they don't hit you over the head and drag you back to their cave by the hair doesn't mean you're not being approached. It's just something to consider.
Oh man, RT.

I have had some women give me some very strong signals and then I turned out to be dead wrong when I made my move.

So I don't pay attention to signals anymore. Unless she figuratively clubs me over the head.

But for other guys, it might be different.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:09 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Oh man, RT.

I have had some women give me some very strong signals and then I turned out to be dead wrong when I made my move.

So I don't pay attention to signals anymore. Unless she figuratively clubs me over the head.

But for other guys, it might be different.
I guess it just goes to show you can't assume anything, and always proceed with caution, or something. Boy, this stuff can be complicated.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:27 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Then it's not an approach. Simple.
True.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:28 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
I guess it just goes to show you can't assume anything, and always proceed with caution, or something. Boy, this stuff can be complicated.
Yeh, the very few times I thought someone was interested in me, I turned out to be very, very mistaken. I assume nobody is interested.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:30 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yeh, the very few times I thought someone was interested in me, I turned out to be very, very mistaken. I assume nobody is interested.
That's what I do, but it's more true than assuming lol

Old 07-04-2012, 11:41 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Exactly miz Ruth, exactly. I did not know other guys did this as well, but as for me, I tend to interpret everything as an approach, a sign if you will. If a girl smiles at me, my mind starts to wonder off where I do this wierd thing where I fantasize that we're together. { not sexualy, but just together }
Obviously I know that not every girl who speaks to me and is polite is approaching me. But, when that does happen, I sometimes wonder, "hmmmm could this girl be into me" And then I say nawwww, she was just being nice.

So, I guess if I actually were ever approached, it could have gotten lost in the frey, if you get what I mean.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:44 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
That's what I do, but it's more true than assuming lol
LOL pf, your a sad sack. It's hard to believe you have no luck with the ladies, cuz you seem like a cool guy.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:26 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
Quote:
We know this, Snapper. The women here know this. It's the guys you have to convince. They don't believe women like nice guys. I guess they think we're all lying. But as Stepka commented in one of these endless conversations, if women don't like nice guys, why are so many nice guys married?

You don't have to sell us on this, we're already there.

And if you're looking for women in bars who appreciate guys like you, you're looking in the wrong place pretty much, though I've known a couple of women who went for nice guys in bars. Hot women who were tired of sleazy guys coming onto them just because they looked hot.
Maybe they aren't nice guys?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships