Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 12:00 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

We can't paint all guys in their 20's with the same brush. Not everyone's into sleeping around. Some guys are looking for a wife already. Some aren't the sleep-around type, and are looking to settle down with someone they love. I saw a lot of guys pair off with women in the first few years after college graduation. The members here talking about guys in their 20's just want to have fun are discussing a segment of the population I'm not too familiar with. College women tended to stay away from those types.

edit: misread Rabbit's post. Couldn't disagree more with Rabbit on this one. Oh well.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 07-06-2012 at 12:23 PM..

Old 07-06-2012, 12:03 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
We can't paint all guys in their 20's with the same brush. Not everyone's into sleeping around. Some guys are looking for a wife already. Some aren't the sleep-around type, and are looking to settle down with someone they love. I saw a lot of guys pair off with women in the first few years after college graduation. The members here talking about guys in their 20's just want to have fun are discussing a segment of the population I'm not too familiar with. College women tended to stay away from those types.

Rabbit hit the nail on the head.
Yes he did but not in the way you're seeing it.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:22 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Well, those are the guys who are 'passed over' and after enough 'passings over' they wind up here posting about their issues and are then called 'nice' or 'wimp' or 'manlet' because they DIDN'T pressure the women into sex.

These men are the so-called 'nice guys' who end up finishing DEAD LAST and that's if they even CAN finish.
Yes and no. Guys that pressure girls into sex will get laid eventually, it's the ones that think just because they do nice things that a girl is obligated to give him sex that end up here.

Quote:

Rabbit hit the nail on the head.
Exactly, just out of college, once they sow their wild oats and they're around my age. They get the best of both worlds while girls are supposed to wait around twiddling their thumbs waiting for them to get it out of their system.

As for the sleep-around type, I met a younger guy (mid twenties) at the bar last weekend who said he wasn't the sleep around type and that he was looking for something long term, while we didn't exchange numbers I was actually quite happy I met him and he said he hoped he'd see me around. Then he went home with a good friend of mine and hooked up with her the same night he met her. Classy. I simply don't trust people who tell me things, I only go by their actions.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:28 PM

Well, all I can say is, it takes all kinds to make a world. The women I know avoided guys who pressured them for sex. If the date turned into something like that, it's the last time he would see the girl, and the date didn't last long once the agenda was revealed. Pressuring women for sex is low class. Why pressure them when you can go out and find, as Mr. Fin and others around here say, "women willing to give up so much so easily for so little"?

Old 07-06-2012, 12:30 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yes and no. Guys that pressure girls into sex will get laid eventually, it's the ones that think just because they do nice things that a girl is obligated to give him sex that end up here.
And what about the guys who are NOT like that? Genuinely GOOD men who have no expectations. What should they do if they are constantly passed over?

Old 07-06-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Well, all I can say is, it takes all kinds to make a world. The women I know avoided guys who pressured them for sex. If the date turned into something like that, it's the last time he would see the girl, and the date didn't last long once the agenda was revealed. Pressuring women for sex is low class. Why pressure them when you can go out and find, as Mr. Fin and others around here say, "women willing to give up so much so easily for so little"?
Which is exactly what they do. Why wait for a 'good girl' when they can get a 'bad girl' quickly?

Quote:
And what about the guys who are NOT like that? Genuinely GOOD men who have no expectations. What should they do if they are constantly passed over?
I'll let you know when I meet one

Old 07-06-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
What they should do is talk to women! Attend events and talk to the women around. Mix, mingle. Get friends to organize a casual lunch and invite a few friends to people can meet. Or get involved with weekend hiking groups, and similar things, where people can get to know your personality first. We've been through this before, Rabbit. By now you should be thinking about what types of groups would suit you: meet-up groups, weekend hobby groups, book clubs, whatever. Women are looking for genuinely good men. If you're not circulating, you're denying them the opportunity to meet a genuinely good man.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 07-06-2012 at 12:45 PM..

Old 07-06-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
What they should do is talk to women! Attend events and talk to the women around. Mix, mingle. Get friends to organize a casual lunch and invite a few friends to people can meet. Or get involved with weekend hiking groups, and similar things, where people can get to know your personality first. We've been through this before, Rabbit. By now you should be thinking about what types of groups would suit you: meet-up groups, weekend hobby groups, book clubs, whatever. Women are looking for genuinely good men. If you're not circulating, you're denying them the opportunity to meet a genuinely good man.
I absolutely agree with this, I'm involved in a lot of hobby and interest groups and have seen quite a few pairings come out of them. Hasn't happened with me so far, but I still have a little bit of hope.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Which is exactly what they do. Why wait for a 'good girl' when they can get a 'bad girl' quickly?
Fine, but they should abandon the pressuring routine when they discover they're with a woman who isn't into sex on the first or second date.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
I absolutely agree with this, I'm involved in a lot of hobby and interest groups and have seen quite a few pairings come out of them.
I'm glad to hear this positive report. This gets recommended all over the threads, but no one ever says it worked for them or for their friends.

One of the popular things in Seattle was neighborhood soccer matches. A lot of people met their future spouse playing in those weekend soccer games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships