Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 04:38 PM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
People have lives. I can be quite interested in someone, but I'm not necessarily going to call right away, especially if there's a holiday and I'm with my family. No matter how interested I am in someone, family comes first. The difference between July 4 and July 5 is 1 day. If a fuss is going be made over 1 day, then I question the maturity of those involved.
I agree.

When it comes to holidays, I always just assume people are busy with their own lives and rather not impose, or worse, get their voicemail, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 04:39 PM

766 posts, read 1,658,332 times
I understand people get busy and there's no set time frame to call someone, but you would think maybe a couple days at the most. My friend asked her friend a few things initially about him and he didn't say much other than he's a good guy and they have been friends since they were kids.

No one said how long they typically wait before calling someone. If you wait at all. I just figured being that he asked twice that he really wanted to call me

Old 07-04-2012, 04:43 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
Default The next day.

if interested. Men are not great with calling on the phone. Myself as well, And I have to fix that with a real great gal myself. Got swept up in the texting thing. I half wish sometimes for the old days, Where they had phones that used to plug into the wall, They even had a "dial tone" that signaled you could begin a call.

This is my second old-school phone joke today. What's going through my head???

Old 07-04-2012, 04:47 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Nothing wrong with waiting until the holiday is over. Or when the initial exchange is going on it would be reasonable to ask "what are your plans for the 4th?"

If they respond with hanging with family or friends, then wait. If they say nothing much, there is a cue that a call would be apt.

A few manners are great, so is not overthinking the whole thing either.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:48 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
If a guy really wants to talk to you he won't let the 4th stand in his way.
Rep you. If I have a thing for a woman, I'm going to want to see her as soon as I can. At least a simple text.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:51 PM

766 posts, read 1,658,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
if interested. Men are not great with calling on the phone. Myself as well, And I have to fix that with a real great gal myself. Got swept up in the texting thing. I half wish sometimes for the old days, Where they had phones that used to plug into the wall, They even had a "dial tone" that signaled you could begin a call.

This is my second old-school phone joke today. What's going through my head???
I miss those days too

I like texting, but I like to actually hear a guys voice.

We talked some while w were moving that day and I thought maybe he was interested, but he never said directly to me. Since he went through my friend, maybe he's kind of nervous or something....Or maybe he decided he doesn't like me

Old 07-04-2012, 04:56 PM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Nothing wrong with waiting until the holiday is over.

Or when the initial exchange is going on it would be reasonable to ask "what are your plans for the 4th?"
Yeah, but he didn't even get the digits directly from her, he asked his friend to ask her friend...or something

Old 07-04-2012, 04:58 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
The guy has had her number since Saturday. He's had plenty of time.
This is how I see it. He had Sunday, Mon. and Tues. to call. The fact that he didn't, in spite of being interested in her, makes me wonder if he's not a game-player. But let's give it another few days, see if he calls for the weekend. This type of delay isn't unheard of, though. On another thread some guys said they might wait as long as a month, depending on how busy they are in life. Still, how often do you score the number of a woman you're interested in? OP, keep us in the loop.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:02 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
If a guy is really interested, he'll make time. Waiting a month is silly.

I can see a couple of days, as people probably could have things going on.....

Old 07-04-2012, 05:04 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Yeah, but he didn't even get the digits directly from her, he asked his friend to ask her friend...or something
This keeps getting better.

For the love of pete, call him. Worst case he is busy. best case he invites you over for beer and burgers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships