U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 08:59 PM

17,866 posts, read 20,238,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I don't have a whole lot of gamer friends, unfortunately... I'm the odd one of the group. The gamer friends I do have are mostly board gamers or card gamers. I do have a few Halo or CoD player friends (like my brother) but I've never been good at FPS, I play mostly RPGs like Skyrim, Assassin's Creed and Uncharted.

I definitely need more gamer friends.
I used to be pretty good at Halo 1, but FPS I'm just terrible at.

Yup, I play board games and card games. Love me some board games!

I never could get into Elder Scrolls games, but I was playing the Final Fantasies when they were super popular and some Zelda games.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 09:11 PM

19,111 posts, read 29,591,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I used to be pretty good at Halo 1, but FPS I'm just terrible at.

Yup, I play board games and card games. Love me some board games!

I never could get into Elder Scrolls games, but I was playing the Final Fantasies when they were super popular and some Zelda games.
I've played all the Zelda's except for Skyward Sword (haven't bought it yet) and Ocarina of Time is still one of my favorite games of all time. Still working on Skyrim and just finished Assassin's Creed II... and now I really want to play FFVII.

Me and my friends are the dorks that bring board games to our favorite dive bars...I think Saturday night is unofficial game night out back. This week...another round of Settlers of Catan!

Old 07-05-2012, 09:19 PM

17,866 posts, read 20,238,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've played all the Zelda's except for Skyward Sword (haven't bought it yet) and Ocarina of Time is still one of my favorite games of all time. Still working on Skyrim and just finished Assassin's Creed II... and now I really want to play FFVII.

Me and my friends are the dorks that bring board games to our favorite dive bars...I think Saturday night is unofficial game night out back. This week...another round of Settlers of Catan!
I'm a big Link to the Past fan, but I haven't beaten all the games. I couldn't get through the Water Temple on Ocarina of Time lol.

FFVII is a good game. I like FFIII though. But FFIII had a HUGE end game, where as FFVII only had a hand full of things you could do at the end of the game. And there were like..15 characters in FFIII..

Settlers of Catan is a good game. Find Pandemic If you want a Players Vs. the game, game.

Also, I highly Recommend Betrayal at the House on the Hill. Super fun game, lots of variances in it with different hauntings.

If you guys like Deck building games, look for Dominion. Really fun, and all these games take little time to set up and play.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:22 PM

36,015 posts, read 42,466,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
What ladies of CD want to get together and compose a dating list of all the things men constantly write on THEIR profiles? Because it's pretty much the exact same stuff.
Yes, it sure is. Tiresome discussion, this.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:48 PM

3,237 posts, read 3,762,913 times
That profile isn't really funny but most women aren't either so that may actually work. A lot of women think Chelsea Handler is funny and this is only marginally less funny lol

Old 07-05-2012, 11:58 PM

29,491 posts, read 21,964,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
..."I love to laugh" (I hate laughing, I actually frown when I laugh)...
These were pretty good, especially the first half but the one I highlighted above actually did make me laugh out loud. That's pretty funny right there. I'm probably going to steal it.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:03 AM

29,491 posts, read 21,964,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
What ladies of CD want to get together and compose a dating list of all the things men constantly write on THEIR profiles? Because it's pretty much the exact same stuff.
"I want a down to earth girl" YAWN.

"I am not in to gold diggers" they claim, as they stand in front of an expensive yacht, car or home in their profile pic. Really? What is the point in doing that if you aren't looking for a gold digger? That is exactly what you're going to attract.

Every last one of them is "athletic". Liars.

"I like walks on the beach and romantic dinners." Oh JFC, I'm going to vomit. Could you be ANY more boring?!

I could go on but I do want to admit that many, many years ago I did look at some dating profiles and actually responded to one. He got me with his very first line:

"I am bi-pedal."

I ended up meeting him, we had a BLAST! It could have been something awesome except he was in CA and I was in WA. But he was, by far, one of the best dates I've ever had. Sometimes I still think, "Man...what if?"

Old 07-06-2012, 02:10 AM

19,111 posts, read 29,591,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

"I am not in to gold diggers" they claim, as they stand in front of an expensive yacht, car or home in their profile pic. Really? What is the point in doing that if you aren't looking for a gold digger? That is exactly what you're going to attract.

"I like walks on the beach and romantic dinners." Oh JFC, I'm going to vomit. Could you be ANY more boring?!

I could go on but I do want to admit that many, many years ago I did look at some dating profiles and actually responded to one. He got me with his very first line:

"I am bi-pedal."

I ended up meeting him, we had a BLAST! It could have been something awesome except he was in CA and I was in WA. But he was, by far, one of the best dates I've ever had. Sometimes I still think, "Man...what if?"
It's usually pretty easy to weed out the players because their profiles read like a cheesy romance novel. It's like they think of a stereotypical woman and just put down what he thinks she'll want instead of actually writing something from the heart which would require creativity and thought and we can't have that!!

Old 07-06-2012, 04:25 AM

4,002 posts, read 8,568,190 times
When does the funny bit start ?

Old 07-06-2012, 08:31 AM

2,618 posts, read 5,975,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Yes, it sure is. Tiresome discussion, this.
Yet you had to post about it....it was THAT tiresome. I know when I am bored or uninterested in something I read, the first thing I do is post about it. Not ignore it or forget about it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

"I am bi-pedal."

Very nice. I can see most guys saying they're "athletic" build that aren't. What else are they going to say? No guy wants to be skinny or fat, every guy wants to think he has muscle, lol!

I really don't know what bi-pedal means, what did that guy mean? That is funny though, thanks for sharing that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
When does the funny bit start ?
The dozen reps I received for it says it started a while ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships