Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 11:28 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times

Advertisements

If a man in his 40s can't get a woman, he is definitely doing something wrong. Typically it is because they are trying to date outside of their league, so busy chasing women they have no hopes of dating while ignoring the women who would be interested. That, or they are unemployed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 01:16 PM

11,784 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Men who are genuinely honest and have good intentions, men who are seeking a mature relationship without the drama and games are totally screwed. So, really, what IS the point of 'being yourself'? What exactly does it do for someone in this regard? Is it better to just say 'F it!' and change... change into someone completely different? I mean... if a good guy cannot even get a simple lunch/drink/walk in the park 'date' with a good woman then what is there to do? Continue to carry on as usual? Really? Isn't THAT the definition of insanity - doing (or being) the same thing and expecting different results?

There ARE women seeking the same things as you, a mature relationship without drama and games. If you're not finding that, something's up, likely with you, not them.

What do you do that constitutes "being yourself"? Have you ever asked a friend or family member for an honest assessment of how you come across to others? Self-perception is one of the biggest issues that may hinder your ability to find someone - thinking you are presenting yourself in a certain way but being perceived as something else entirely from an outsider's view.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:25 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,790,902 times
I don't think Rabbit wants to try. I think he just wants to come here and complain. There are things he could do to find an environment in his city that's more compatible with his values and interests, but he's not doing that. The ball is in his court, but he's not swinging, he's just sitting there.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:55 PM

123 posts, read 122,672 times
Im just falling for the wrong guys probably, dating in the states is maybe not the same like in germany lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I have a hard time understanding guys turning you down, they cant be on their right mindset. You are drop dead gorgeaus..

Old 07-07-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonia112 View Post
Im just falling for the wrong guys probably, dating in the states is maybe not the same like in germany lol
Maybe because it's a different culture, you're not able to read people as well, and measure their character.

But tell us about dating in Germany. My niece is living in Berlin, and says dating local people is impossible. The guys seem withdrawn, or something.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:08 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Being a gentleman sure does seem to be out of style.

I personally am striving to be more of a gentlemen, have manners, class, treat others with respect.

If that falls out of fashion... well, I just don't give a f.....

Whoops... see, I told you I'm striving.....

Old 07-07-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Only on C-D.

Quote:
I personally am striving to be more of a gentlemen, have manners, class, treat others with respect.
There can never be too much of a good thing.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:45 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:

If that falls out of fashion... well, I just don't give a f.....

Whoops... see, I told you I'm striving.....

That's wonderful.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:55 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,386,514 times
Quote:
Men who are genuinely honest and have good intentions, men who are seeking a mature relationship without the drama and games are totally screwed.
Sorry, you're 100% wrong. If you've encountered women like this, you are choosing the wrong types of women. If you honestly believe 99% of women wouldn't kill for a "mature relationship without drama and games," then you have been spending time with flighty, shallow or highly damaged women.

If you're also judging how most men and women by this Board, then you also are in for a shock. The vast majority of people are NOT like the people posting here, most of whom post because they have had a vast succession of failed relationships and are bitter. Or they have had no relationships and are bitter about that. Most people aren't bitter about the opposite sex, or if they are, they hide it exceedingly well.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:20 PM

22,314 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Being a b*tch doesn't always get you far either. Sure I stand up for myself. But men tend to loath women that speak their mind. Or nice women get used.

Bingo!! Couldn't have said it better my sister from another mother!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships