Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 11:16 PM

471 posts, read 481,344 times

Advertisements

I went on a date with a girl from OKCupid on Friday night

We went to a fancy burger place, then walked around the river front holding hands

10 minutes in, she said it was the best date she's had in a long time

We joked about all the things you aren't supposed to talk about on the first date - sex, ex's and politics

We stopped at a couple of bars and she had a couple of drinks, which caused her to cozy up to me A LOT

Walked her home, and made out at her front door at about 11pm

She texts me at 2am saying "I had a lot of fun tonight. I'd love to see you again"

So at this point I'm pretty pumped

Tonight I text her telling her what days are good for me, and she replies "hey, i got your text. this week is crazy busy for me, but I can meet Saturday?" to which I said that was fine

Do I contact her between now and Saturday? I'm just wondering cause we've only had 1 date and her response seemed lukewarm, especially compared to her 2am text.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 11:23 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Stop trying to gauge people's feelings through text messages. Pick up the phone and call her. Before Saturday.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:23 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,476,977 times
She probably is busy, just like she said. I don't think she meant anything more than that, it sounds like you had a really good date and she texted you right after that. You don't want to get too nuts and be texting her all the time, especially knowing she will be busy this week, but it would be nice to text her once maybe asking how her day was and another time telling her that you are really looking forward to you next date.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
She probably is busy, just like she said. I don't think she meant anything more than that, it sounds like you had a really good date and she texted you right after that. You don't want to get too nuts and be texting her all the time, especially knowing she will be busy this week, but it would be nice to text her once maybe asking how her day was and another time telling her that you are really looking forward to you next date.
Thats what i was thinking, thats a lot!

Old 07-08-2012, 11:26 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Jeez, you have to come on a forum to ask when to contact her? Notice that she had no worries about whether she was contacting you too soon, or too often, or anything. She acted spontaneously, per her feelings. Do you have feelings for her? It's hard to tell. If you do, act on them. If you don't, give her a break and cut her loose.

What part of her response was lukewarm? The part where she said it was the best date she'd been on in a long time? The part where she cozied up to you a lot? wtf??

Yes, you contact her between now and Saturday. Otherwise, how are you going to establish where and when to meet her on Saturday? If you liked her (again, it's hard to tell, you're so cool about it), call her some evening mid-week just to talk, and then toss out a couple of date ideas/times/locations.

You seem more into the fact that you made out with her and that she cozied up to you, than you are about what kind of person she is. But maybe that's a guy thing. *shrug*

Old 07-08-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Jeez, you have to come on a forum to ask when to contact her? Notice that she had no worries about whether she was contacting you too soon, or too often, or anything. She acted spontaneously, per her feelings. Do you have feelings for her? It's hard to tell. If you do, act on them. If you don't, give her a break and cut her loose.

What part of her response was lukewarm? The part where she said it was the best date she'd been on in a long time? The part where she cozied up to you a lot? wtf??

Yes, you contact her between now and Saturday. Otherwise, how are you going to establish where and when to meet her on Saturday? If you liked her (again, it's hard to tell, you're so cool about it), call her some evening mid-week just to talk, and then toss out a couple of date ideas/times/locations.

You seem more into the fact that you made out with her and that she cozied up to you, than you are about what kind of person she is. But maybe that's a guy thing. *shrug*
I do have feelings for her, yes. She was funny, smart (a masters degree), and a world traveler.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:32 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk50 View Post
I do have feelings for her, yes. She was funny, smart (a masters degree), and a world traveler.
haha, now that's more like it! OK, Hawk, so --- go for it! It sounds like you got lucky on OK C. Don't let this one slip away. But it sounds like there's no fear of that, she's into you. She just has a demanding job, probably (which is one reason you like her, right? She's smart?) This story sounds like it's got a happy ending built in. Let us know how the 2nd date goes, if it's not classified info.

P.S. It's good to know there are quality people like this on OK C.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:44 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,689,590 times
Congrats Hawk, hope she keeps being great. Don't lose this one!

Old 07-08-2012, 11:51 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,024,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
asking how her day was and another time telling her that you are really looking forward to you next date.
The 'asking how her day was' question is fine, but I wouldn't mention that you are 'really looking forward' to the next date (even though you are). I just think it doesn't need to be said, but definitely some sort of mid week contact should suffice.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:01 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times

Last edited by dave nz; 07-09-2012 at 12:54 AM.. Reason: wrong person
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships