Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 11:26 AM

442 posts, read 614,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carowinds001 View Post
I have heard about numerous cases where women have benefited a lot with the settlement amount they made after their divorce, a lot of them never worked and don't even have the degree/qualification to find decent work but still end up with a lot of money by fleecing the poor man who gets screwed in the relationship. I can't blame men that want to look for a partner in other countries for this very same reason.
A man marrying a woman who has never worked...then what would he expect?

I have never met any women that have never worked. Most younger women I know are just as educated as their male counterparts, sometimes moreso, and often make more than their boyfriends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 11:27 AM

16 posts, read 13,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
No, the guys online are just simply bitter losers. Look at how they post on here, and you tell me if those are the kind of guys you want to base your opinions on?
No I won't base my opinion just on what someone says simply because there are always exceptions. I am not necessarily of the opinion that what's posted online is true or that the opinions of one or two persons are true, but these sort of people seem to be especially more prevalent on this forum for some reason. I am saying this based on numerous other postings too, not just this thread.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:30 AM

16 posts, read 13,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
If you go on sites like boycott american women, what do you expect to hear. IMO those who spend their time posting trash about the opposite sex are those who cant get a date or find happiness due to their own character. Get out of the basement and look around, there are plenty of happy couples and successful marriages out there.
Perhaps, I was very surprised to note that the person who started that blog has his own radioshow too to go along with it. Seems like American women scarred his opinion of them for good, I do see plenty of happy couples but the problem is that most of them have met either through work, friends, family etc etc. and none of those scenarios apply to me, so I don't realistically think it's going to work out that way for me as it did for them.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:31 AM

36,441 posts, read 30,806,667 times
Quote:
Oh no, he's got some property from his inheritance too. His dad was a realtor and left him quite a decent sum before the poor man passed away, my friend was mentioning the fact that he would just be taken on a ride before being dumped by most women in America, he didn't mean all obviously.

Also, he's a guy that's usually attracted to ethnic women, like Asian, Mexican, South American, Indian, etc etc. That's why he thinks he has a good chance of getting a better woman from maybe those parts of the world than here.

Quote:
This was expressed by one of my good friends who got himself a nice girl from Ukraine, he's a commercial pilot and met her as part of his travels

Which is it?

Old 07-12-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
I don't know, if American women were so good why would so many men on this forum complain about not being able to find quality women right here in America? I can show you thousands of blogs/websites on the internet where people discuss this very same issue, I also have heard it personally from friends that American women are shallow, demanding, materialistic, superficial and cheating.

On the flip side, I have heard quite a few American women colleagues of mine that said the same about American men too, that they don't treat them well after marriage but act that way before they are married. For example, I haven't seen sites like these come up when it came to other countries' men/women:
I looked at the blog....don't you think the people on that site are a little much.

They sound like hateful bitter losers. No guy with that much venom is going to make a good partner for anyone.

Last edited by JustJulia; 07-12-2012 at 12:14 PM..

Old 07-12-2012, 11:33 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,910,553 times
Quote:
No I won't base my opinion just on what someone says simply because there are always exceptions. I am not necessarily of the opinion that what's posted online is true or that the opinions of one or two persons are true, but these sort of people seem to be especially more prevalent on this forum for some reason. I am saying this based on numerous other postings too, not just this thread.

Well yes, on this forum. This forum hosts some of the most anti social and socially inept people in the country.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:04 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,705,586 times
Anyone else catch a whiff of smelly socks?

Old 07-12-2012, 12:08 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,032,578 times
That blog is a hoot. Do these guys hate their mothers and sisters as much as they hate the women who don't want to date them?

Old 07-12-2012, 01:00 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,574,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspentree View Post
Why would you see it though...abusive men are usually pretty crafty about what they do, until the woman finally calls the police.

The mail order bride can't do that though, because then she can't get her visa.
Mail order brides do have incentive to say that their husband abused them. The VAWA allows them to stay in the country if they accuse their husband of domestic violence.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Mail order brides do have incentive to say that their husband abused them. The VAWA allows them to stay in the country if they accuse their husband of domestic violence.
I did not know that.

What would happen to them next though, if they are here isolated with no support system...they'd end up in a shelter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships