Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 06:25 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,369,736 times

Advertisements

I'm now living in an area where I'm single and have a very limited social circle. Before between boyfriends and friends and family back in Jersey, there were just way too many people who had a piece of me.

I wake up each morning knowing that I am in complete charge of my day with no obligations to anyone else or need to consult with anyone else. If I want to lay on my bed and read all afternoon, no one except my dogs or cat will interrupt me.

If I want to jump in my truck and go for a meandering drive, no one will question it.

There's always room for both my dogs in the bed - the one is 14 years old, and likes to sleep with his head on my shoulder. I know the days of that are limited, so I'm enjoying it while I can, before I lose him.

But I am living in a new city and trying new things and I swear sometimes I'm absolutely giddy with the sense of freedom. So being single isn't exactly a bad thing for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 09:24 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,106,671 times
Love love love this thread, thank you!

I was just thinking last night how much I love my apartment and love living alone! I can decorate however I want, if I feel like cooking I do, if not then I don't, I can spend my money however I wish, I love having the bed to myself and not having to share a bathroom. Being able to do whatever I want to do is awesome. I gladly give up these things to be in a good relationship, but I'm definitely going to enjoy the perks while I can.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:30 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
You can be in a relationship but you don't have to live together.

Nothing wrong with eating cereal for dinner, I've done that, lol.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:45 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,835,746 times
Lol, yikes. The only answer I can give is because the timing is right. Lol. I enjoy relationships and single life equally. Something to gain from both. But, yes right now being single is nice.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:12 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,398,602 times
I don't have to deal with "the talk". More freedom. Need to say more?

Old 07-10-2012, 11:30 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,048 times
I love being single because I can eat popcorn for dinner, 7 nights a week.
And I don't have to wash the pan out that night if I don't feel like it.
And if I'm not going anywhere on Saturday, I don't have to comb my hair, just pin it up out of the way.
I can have the TV on, my podcast blaring, text on the phone and still surf and nobody bothers me about it
I don't have to pick up after myself if I don't feel like it

Old 07-10-2012, 11:54 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,723 times
I don't necessarily love being single; I have to say being married is preferable.
That's a whole different thread though

But nevertheless, the best aspects of being single:

I don't have to answer to anyone
I do what I want, when I want
I can flirt as much as I want
Less cleaning
Less cooking

And the big one--from my standpoint, everyone I know who is married or in a LTR is VERY unhappy.
They seem stuck & it makes me appreciate the fact that I don't have that kind of drama.

Last edited by believe007; 07-10-2012 at 12:47 PM..

Old 07-10-2012, 12:05 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,953,883 times
I don't have to explain myself to anyone, not that I do now
I can make 0500 trips to Wal-mart (see above).
My life is drama-free.
As believe007 posted, I can flirt as much as I want.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:43 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,106,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I don't necessarily love being single; I have to say being married is preferable.
That's a whole different thread though

But nevertheless, the best aspects of being single:

I don't have to answer to anyone
I do what I want, when I want
I can flirt as much as I want
Less cleaning
Less cooking

And the big one--from my standpoint, everyone I know who is married or in a LTR is VERY unhappy.
They seem stuck & it makes me appreciate the fact that I don't have that kind drama.
Oh yeah...I have many friends who are really happy in their relationships, but equally as many who seem pretty miserable! Better alone than in a relationship that makes you miserable!

Old 07-10-2012, 12:44 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,364,962 times
I was chatting with my mom on the phone last night after taking a nice hot bath with my wine. She was complaining that dad follows her around everywhere, even out on the porch when she wanted a private conversation with me. I thought right then...maybe being single is a-ok. Things are always where I leave them, no one drinks all of my stuff without replacing it, I don't have to pick up after another, and I have a free schedule to do and explore activities I like and see friends. There are so very many positives, but I would trade them all for someone to love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships