Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2012, 02:22 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
You do realize what you're saying right... ?
I realize what the study is saying. It really has nothing to do with the thread either, so I don't want to detour this thread. I only posted the study as an example which indicates that it isn't that "abnormal" that a woman want a man to be a provider.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 02:23 PM

145 posts, read 325,802 times
I cant imagine dating someone based on whether or not he's willing to support me...it makes me sick to my stomach, actually.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:24 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
I realize what the study is saying. It really has nothing to do with the thread either, so I don't want to detour this thread. I only posted the study as an example which indicates that it isn't that "abnormal" that a woman want a man to be a provider.

Your study is showing that a woman can't handle doing anything more than cooking and cleaning.

Guys do many things around the house that women can't do. I'd like to see a woman do the plumbing and physical things around the house when something goes wrong. That just doesn't happen. Oh wait, the man shouldn't have to do that, he should leave his wife right??

Give me a break, everyone has their responsibilities and in this economy any woman who expects a guy to support her every whim deserves to be single.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:24 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunters4life View Post
I cant imagine dating someone based on whether or not he's willing to support me...it makes me sick to my stomach, actually.
The OP was already in a "serious" relationship when she raised the subject. It's a reasonable thing to discuss at a certain point in the relationship. Crucial, in fact.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
Being blatantly, brutally honest with you here. SAHM 1st marriage? Sure.

2nd, 3rd, 4th marriage? Bahahahahaha. Your ex boyfriend was correct. You better be smoking hot. And willing to bang fugly.
See you feel this way because it's not something that you'd be willing to do. But don't make the mistake of assuming other men feel the same. As I said before, I know a many of women(previously divorced, single mom's, etc) that managed to snag a "new" husband and become SAHM's. Sure some of you will call these men suckers, but apparently these women were smart enough to "select" the right men for what they wanted(to stay at home with their children). And yes some of these women were attractive. But really even a woman that was average could meet a man that would be willing to be the provider. I've seen it happen LOL. I think some of you are seeing this from you're own lens, and just can't comprehend doing this YOURSELF, but believe me when I say there are men that are willing to do this.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The OP was already in a "serious" relationship when she raised the subject. It's a reasonable thing to discuss at a certain point in the relationship. Crucial, in fact.

For her to change the dynamics of the relationship and begin to demand being a stay at home mom is completely ok. It is also just as reasonable for the man to tell her to get the f*** away.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Your study is showing that a woman can't handle doing anything more than cooking and cleaning.

Guys do many things around the house that women can't do. I'd like to see a woman do the plumbing and physical things around the house when something goes wrong. That just doesn't happen. Oh wait, the man shouldn't have to do that, he should leave his wife right??

Give me a break, everyone has their responsibilities and in this economy any woman who expects a guy to support her every whim deserves to be single
Again your making the mistake of assuming that every man thinks like you. If your bolded statement was correct, there would be tons of single woman, and yet there are many woman that have met men that will and have no problem supporting her every "whim". Sure some woman that want this are single, but many are not.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Again your making the mistake of assuming that every man thinks like you. If your bolded statement was correct, there would be tons of single woman, and yet there are many woman that have met men that will and have no problem supporting her every "whim". Sure some woman that want this are single, but many are not.

So basically women in your eyes are lazy and should wait around to find a guy who can support them, because they can't handle getting a job.

So much for equality in the workforce.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:29 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
That women are smarter than men because they arent going to support a man who sits around the house eating bon bons all day while she works her butt off and has to come home and take care of the home as well.
Why is it that women ALWAYS ASSUME that EVERY man who decides to be a SAHD - or whatever - is going to be a lazy, good-for-nothing bum? Why is that?

See, this so-called 'study' is yet just another 'dig' at men. What a surprise.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:33 PM

896 posts, read 1,476,319 times
Quote:
But really even a woman that was average could meet a man that would be willing to be the provider.
Wow. All I can say is, wow.

So in this world you are picturing, a guy comes into your life, with you already having kids, and he offers to let you stay at home while he supports you and children that are not his? Do I have this pictured correctly?

I am really not trying to be mean here. If this were your first marriage and you wanted to find a husband who wanted to have children with you while he supports the family and you to stay at home, that would be pretty easy. Or later in life, if you have no kids, finding a wealthy guy who is okay with you not having a job? Ummm...maybe. But you would probably be signing a prenup.

But you are currently a single mom who wants someone else to pay the bills? Sweetie. It ain't happenin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships