Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 11:50 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,806,558 times

Advertisements

Maybe, I'm wrong...but I hope not... I have a coworker who I've grown to really get along with...We go out for drinks, gab about men, etc....We've become really good friends. She has live in boyfriend whom I've met only once....REally nice guy but heres the clincher....He has no job. He had a part time job when he first arrived but he quit it because he landed something else, but that job did not work out. Per my friend, he cooks, cleans, etc, does his fair share. It's almost sems like she is taking care of him. She pays all the bills, groceries,etc. This has been going on for 2 years now....I dont want to interfere because its really none of my business...But it just seems like he's content with the current situation. I really dont want to think that he's taking advantage of her....but it justs looks that way. Now grant it, we do the same thing and our salaries are moderate enought that it could cover 2 people....But it seem like he's fine with the situation. Im not gonna mention anything about it...because I like i said, "ITS NONE OF MY BUSINESS"...but im a a girlfriend who's just concerned...that all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 11:54 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Maybe, I'm wrong...but I hope not... I have a coworker who I've grown to really get along with...We go out for drinks, gab about men, etc....We've become really good friends. She has live in boyfriend whom I've met only once....REally nice guy but heres the clincher....He has no job. He had a part time job when he first arrived but he quit it because he landed something else, but that job did not work out. Per my friend, he cooks, cleans, etc, does his fair share. It's almost sems like she is taking care of him. She pays all the bills, groceries,etc. This has been going on for 2 years now....I dont want to interfere because its really none of my business...But it just seems like he's content with the current situation. I really dont want to think that he's taking advantage of her....but it justs looks that way. Now grant it, we do the same thing and our salaries are moderate enought that it could cover 2 people....But it seem like he's fine with the situation. Im not gonna mention anything about it...because I like i said, "ITS NONE OF MY BUSINESS"...but im a a girlfriend who's just concerned...that all.
Well, in a sense, he's taking care of her too... doesn't appear to be a case of a lazy slacker who sits on his *ss all day with a joystick in his hands. If that was the case then there's a case to be made against him.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:55 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Yep, its none of your business. If its been going on two years and she hasn't complained when you gab about men then she is fine with the living arrangement. Many women would be content to take care of a man that cooks and cleans for us and does his fair share. Nothing wrong with that. It works when the genders are reversed so why do you have a problem with situation.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:55 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
its really none of your business =). How does your friend feel about it? If she is ok with it, you should be also.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:57 AM

145 posts, read 325,861 times
If she loves him its up to her. I feel like a broken record but I have paid for the majority of all my dates, outings, vacations I've taken with all my bf's because I make more then most men my age. I dont mind it. There are women out there who dont mind taking care of a man if he's offering something else besides money. If he's cooking cleaning, doing yard work, fixing things etc and she doesn't mind the arrangement...you shouldn't either. It wouldn't bother me at all.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:59 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,063 times
If it were reversed and it was him working and her taking care of the house would it be such an issue? Is she complaining about him not working? If not then don't worry about it. Maybe she doesn't mind him at home taking care of the household.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:09 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
Maybe she doesn't mind if he cooks and cleans then it works for them. Really none of your business unless she asks for your opinion.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:11 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
If it were reversed and it was him working and her taking care of the house would it be such an issue? Is she complaining about him not working? If not then don't worry about it. Maybe she doesn't mind him at home taking care of the household.
^^^^^this^^^^^^

If they are both ok with it and he is being something like a house husband, that's fine. Does she complain to you about the situation?

Old 07-13-2012, 12:12 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
Mind your own business.......Geesh......

Old 07-13-2012, 12:26 PM

161 posts, read 394,988 times
It's a tough economy and finding meaningful full-time work is hard right now. I don't have a job right now (but am actively looking) - I hope people don't judge me for that! Cause I'm certainly trying. I think a lot of people who might be in that situation aren't content per se, but they can't be too frustrated or beat themselves up - because pessimism won't get you anywhere. As long as your friend is okay with it, then I wouldn't be too worried.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships