Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 10:53 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
For decades now, women have been treated as a preferred class
Wow, I haven't noticed any women being treated as a preferred class. Where can I find that world? Let us in on the secret.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:54 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
No. Women call a guy a misogynist when he presents uncomfortable truths that they (obviously) cannot refute. It has become part of the repertoire of shaming language that wome use to avoid constructive argument. For decades now, women have been treated as a preferred class and this has made them "allergic" to any sort of rational discourse. Ever notice that no matter what the problem is, there is always a way found to twist it around and make it the fault of men? This is a symptom of the real problem - rampant misandry.
Nope. Women may seem like a "preferred class" to many males, but this is only because society now demands that men don't treat women like underlings simply by virtue of their gender.

I realize this might be hard for some men to stomach, as they may well be biologically driven to dominate women. I dunno what to say but once we get equal pay for equal work and there's still not an earnings gap or the general assumption that women will work full time, do all the housekeeping, cook all the meals, AND do the majority and/or all of the childrearing?

Then we will finally be societally equal. Preferred would be men doing all that stuff while we just work, come home whenever we want, and throw our dirty clothes on the floor for the man to pick up and wash.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:56 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
No, what NARN wrote is something different altogether. You just happen to be working around insecure people. You're a mechanic, I don't see why you don't transfer to a place like SFO. The pay is good there and there's more than enough ample work since its a major hub.

an uncomfortable truth is something along the lines of "men and women are not equal" (They've even built a whole movement to try and say otherwise lolz).
This has happened on multiple occasions since I was 16 or so. There must be a lot of insecure men out there.

Are men and women equal? Yes and no. Are men biologically physically stronger? Sometimes. I'm FAR stronger than a few male friends of mine, but most men are going to be stronger than me. Can men carry children? No. Therefore they aren't equal in that respect.

I think the genders are a lot more equal than most would want to admit. I think some men are so used to being the 'superior' sex that seeing women succeed bothers them immensely and they immediately blame it on things like 'misandry'.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Nope. Women may seem like a "preferred class" to many males, but this is only because society now demands that men don't treat women like underlings simply by virtue of their gender.

I realize this might be hard for some men to stomach, as they may well be biologically driven to dominate women. I dunno what to say but once we get equal pay for equal work and there's still not an earnings gap or the general assumption that women will work full time, do all the housekeeping, cook all the meals, AND do the majority and/or all of the childrearing?

Then we will finally be societally equal. Preferred would be men doing all that stuff while we just work, come home whenever we want, and throw our dirty clothes on the floor for the man to pick up and wash.
oooooohh, cool new mod, check it out! Don't mess with her, guys!

Old 07-19-2012, 11:04 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,854,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Really? So if a guy comes up to me and tells me I don't belong in the hangar working on planes because I'm a woman, and that I should find myself a 'nice man' and stay at home, that's an uncomfortable truth I can't refute?
No, he's an idiot. In today's society, he is risking his job saying anything negative, even if it is true!

Old 07-19-2012, 11:08 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,854,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wow, I haven't noticed any women being treated as a preferred class. Where can I find that world? Let us in on the secret.
Where do you work? Receptionist at Joe's Garage?

In government and the corporate world, they have been bending over backwards, since the late 1970s, to hire, promote and retain women. No males would get these jobs with the dearth of education and experience that women have.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:10 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
No, he's an idiot. In today's society, he is risking his job saying anything negative, even if it is true!
So, it is true? You don't think women belong in a traditionally male job?

He shouldn't say it because it's simply not true, not because he 'might lose his job over it'.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Where do you work? Receptionist at Joe's Garage?

In government and the corporate world, they have been bending over backwards, since the late 1970s, to hire, promote and retain women. No males would get these jobs with the dearth of education and experience that women have.
The women I know in gov't and corporate are just as educated as the men. Women still have trouble getting promoted to the top echelons in corporate. There's still a glass ceiling. And there's still an old boys' network in gov't, I've seen it in action. In academia for the last 20 years, women have had to outdo men by far in order to get tenure, and some still get a lot of flack, especially if they win grants and fellowships the men aren't getting.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:19 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,306,974 times
Quote:
So, it is true? You don't think women belong in a traditionally male job?

He shouldn't say it because it's simply not true, not because he 'might lose his job over it'.
oy vey, c'mon now you can't be that dense can you? Major lolz

Quote:
This has happened on multiple occasions since I was 16 or so. There must be a lot of insecure men out there.
you've lived I the same small town since then right?

Please just get back to me when you've relocated to a metro of 500k to 1m+ people (dear god don't head to fresno or modesto).

there's a reason they're called "small towns".

Old 07-19-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post

Please just get back to me when you've relocated to a metro of 500k to 1m+ people (dear god don't head to fresno or modesto).

there's a reason they're called "small towns".
We're all eagerly awaiting Part II of JJ's autobio: "The Sacramento Years".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships