Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...
Perfect 8 22.86%
Sounds good but not my ideal 2 5.71%
Probably not 3 8.57%
No thanks 22 62.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 10:38 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I always hear men complaining that their girlfriends are too dainty, too 'girly' and don't like the same things they do. Then, they find a woman like me who would NEVER make a man get rid of his 'toys', loves wrenching on cars/planes and definitely doesn't mind camping or getting lost in the woods for a few days Then, they complain about how I don't wear makeup, don't wear dresses and may forget to shave my legs for a few days here and there.

So, men don't know what they want. They want a perfectly beautiful, super dainty woman who is high maintenance without being high maintenance and is also a tom boy. Hmm. Although, if given the change many men will go after the high maintenance beautiful woman and then complain about her being high maintenance The tom boy generally isn't girly enough for them.
Yeah we men are annoyingly complex creatures sometimes, just like you women . I guess that's the contradiction in human nature. Blame society, partly, as presenting a certain model of women as desirable and 'hot', it's hardly surprising most men still can't get away from that, even with all the hassle.

I think when men say they want tomboys they still want them to look like Barbie dolls.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:43 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Yeah we men are annoyingly complex creatures sometimes, just like you women . I guess that's the contradiction in human nature. Blame society, partly, as presenting a certain model of women as desirable and 'hot', it's hardly surprising most men still can't get away from that, even with all the hassle.
Yep

I just think it's funny that many men want a woman who looks perfect but doesn't want all the high maintenance stuff that makes her look that way. They don't want to deal with the manicures, the waxing, the plucking, the hair appointments, the expensive cosmetics etc etc. They think all that comes naturally

Old 07-19-2012, 10:49 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Yep

I just think it's funny that many men want a woman who looks perfect but doesn't want all the high maintenance stuff that makes her look that way. They don't want to deal with the manicures, the waxing, the plucking, the hair appointments, the expensive cosmetics etc etc. They think all that comes naturally
They like the look, but they complain that it takes a woman an hour or more to get ready to go out. I've had men utterly panic when I say I have to change my clothes, because maybe I didn't dress appropriately for whatever the venue was, or the weather changed suddenly, or something. They expect they'll be stuck for at least half an hour, waiting. They're shocked when I'm ready in 5 minutes. Everybody really needs to chill, and relax about this stuff. Just enjoy the person and her personality, rather than the doll.

Oh well. To each his own, I guess.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:04 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Yep

Yeah, I mean if they can figure out the inner workings of a internal combustion engine, than I'm sure they can work out how a lady dolls herself up. Having said that most men know very little about cars either, they just pretend to .

Old 07-20-2012, 07:29 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
Quote:
I always hear men complaining that their girlfriends are too dainty, too 'girly' and don't like the same things they do. Then, they find a woman like me who would NEVER make a man get rid of his 'toys', loves wrenching on cars/planes and definitely doesn't mind camping or getting lost in the woods for a few days Then, they complain about how I don't wear makeup, don't wear dresses and may forget to shave my legs for a few days here and there.

So, men don't know what they want. They want a perfectly beautiful, super dainty woman who is high maintenance without being high maintenance and is also a tom boy. Hmm. Although, if given the change many men will go after the high maintenance beautiful woman and then complain about her being high maintenance The tom boy generally isn't girly enough for them.

You're listening to the wrong men.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:34 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
My boyfriend's fav line to me is "act/talk like a lady!". While outwardly I am all about the makeup, hair, clothing etc I also cuss like a sailor, talk like a guy and dont have a lot of feminine qualities besides my appearance (I like sports, dont believe in marriage, dont want to have kids, not very nurturing or sweet or sensitive). Drives him nuts sometimes

Old 07-20-2012, 11:26 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
My boyfriend's fav line to me is "act/talk like a lady!". While outwardly I am all about the makeup, hair, clothing etc I also cuss like a sailor, talk like a guy and dont have a lot of feminine qualities besides my appearance (I like sports, dont believe in marriage, dont want to have kids, not very nurturing or sweet or sensitive). Drives him nuts sometimes
I've always wondered what guys think of beautiful women after they find out that behind the beauty is a foul mouth and a Jerry Springer attitude. Is it a turn-off, or do guys just deal with it, because they're dazzled by the beauty?

Old 07-20-2012, 12:21 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've always wondered what guys think of beautiful women after they find out that behind the beauty is a foul mouth and a Jerry Springer attitude. Is it a turn-off, or do guys just deal with it, because they're dazzled by the beauty?
Turnoff. No question.

I don't suffer 'Jerry Springer' antics period. Trashy and not my type - no matter how 'beautiful' she is. That crap just sucks the 'beauty' right out of them.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:02 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,742,163 times
No way. I understand men even less than I understand women!

Old 07-20-2012, 01:06 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm a conundrum...what can I say Never had a problem with getting guys though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships