Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 09:53 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times

Advertisements

Women in business attire can look hot too. I started a thread on my love for women in uniform, haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 09:54 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
its a symbol of power and status. Neither of which women are really attracted to.
Huh??

Old 07-16-2012, 09:55 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Huh??
i think what i said is pretty clear. you'll figure it out one day. Maybe.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:10 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Huh??
The characteristics of a man with power and status, not the power and status alone.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:15 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,610,796 times
Something about a man in a suit, it has to be with being dressed well, and like others said, he has to be able to carry it well. Not every guy looks good in a suit, and some just don't know how to have a well tailored one.

Maybe because I am just tempted to grab him by the tie or the lapels on the jacket and pull him into me and passionately kiss him. You can't really do that with a t-shirt.

Then again, I've told my boyfriend he could show up in a paper sack and I would still be attracted to him. So like it's been said before, the clothes don't make the man, it's the man who makes the clothes.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:46 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
The characteristics of a man with power and status, not the power and status alone.
Good luck separating the 2.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:48 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
The same reason I like dressing up and taking time to get ready. If I am putting the effort forth to look put together/professional (I wear suits, skirts professional clothes every day as well), I would like to see a man do the same. I think my man looks HOTT in his work-attire...almost as hot as he looks with nothing on at all.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:10 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Eh, I'm a blue jeans girl myself so that's what I prefer on men.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:43 PM

61,716 posts, read 87,123,005 times
I think it has a lot to do who we are and how we dress ourselfs. Women who despise tanks, shorts and flip-flops as everyday attire look for men who doesn't wear them also. Coming from overseas I do care about the look and particular clothes are worn in particular places. Tanks and flip-flops to a beach, oversized tee shirt, jeans and sneakers to work in the garden, the garage or cleaning the house. Tennis shoes and sweats to gym. But to work person needs to wear professional clothes, and for shopping and business in the city - casual city clothes. Slacks, regular shirt and street shoes. For an extra occassion a suit.
That's maybe why American tourists overseas are so easy to spot. Tanks or oversized tee shirts, shorts and tennis shoes everywhere. Just screens: I have some money but no class! I understand that a tourist wants to be comfortable, but there ARE comfortable street clothes to wear!
How many times you saw an attractively dressed woman with a guy who looked like a slob? or a guy who shows up for a date in a tee shirt and shorts, and so dressed he wants to go to a nice restaurant or bar? Some women are desperate or don't care. But if a guy would show up dressed like that for a date, I would turn around and leave. His attire would already speak volumes: no respect, big ego - like he is The Man, no class and no sense of decency. Do I want to know more?
There are nice casual suits that could be worn with tie or not, sometimes a not to worn out pair of jeans and a jacket looks cool, or a pair of slacks and a fresh pressed button down shirt, AND regular street shoes, no sneakers or flip-flops. Is that too much to expect? Well, that's certainly what I expect.
At the office there usually is a dress code, depends of persons position. Most professional firms expect their male employes to look up to their status in that firm. Same with women: no flashy jewelry, no three inch nails, no trashy looking clothes. Casual pants or skirt suits, dresses and shoes with heels.
I like to be around people properly dressed and I like to see a man well groomed ...

Old 07-16-2012, 12:45 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,257,464 times
That is a myth just to get little boys, teen agers and men to wear one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships